Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fishing

Comments

• Options

Plenty of lakes all round Kent all worth a visit
    Orchard farm, elphicks,Frant,Claygate, cackle Hill,cottingham
    All day ticket
    All guarantee a decent days/nights action

Don't forget Gabriels Fishery at Edenbridge.
  • Options

All day ticket

Monk Lakes, the list is endless, we are spoilt for choice in Kent
  • Options
    Picks cottage in Chingford, also Farlows lake iver, Bucks both good for carp.
  • Options

All day ticket

Never been.
    Not far from me either as I'm in tonbridge
    Does it get busy
    How big do the carp go??
  • Options
    edited July 2016

All day ticket

Monk Lakes, the list is endless, we are spoilt for choice in Kent
    We are spoilt that's for sure
    Fished a day ticket lake last week for a 4 day session had 4 fish over 20lb within 2 hours of being there topped by a 33
    Did go a bit quieter for the remaining 3 days
    Lovely times
  • Options

All day ticket

Never been.
    Not far from me either as I'm in tonbridge
    Does it get busy
    How big do the carp go??
    To be honest I don't know too much about specimen carp as I never fish for them. There are plenty of 3lb or so fish in the Silver Lake along with bream about the same size. I fish sweetcorn on a waggler and always catch a good few.

It's never been that busy whenever I've been there, but I've never been there on a Sunday.

• Options
    Had a few off the top this morning
    Nothing beats seeing a big gob suck in ur bait off the surface
  • Options

Had a few off the top this morning
    Nothing beats seeing a big gob suck in ur bait off the surface

Good work floyd. Heading for a spot of float fishing at my club lake in the morning. Alarm set for 4am, just getting everything packed. Hoping for a few nice Crucians & Tench :smile:
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Was at cackle hill lakes today. Hoping to go to Monk lakes next week.
  • Options
    4am!
    Go 4 it
    The lakes looked great today fish on the surface absolutely everywhere gutted to have to pack up at lunchtime
    Tench are magical I don't catch many though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How did u get on ??

• Options

How did u get on ??

Used the top lake today. Few tench and perch but mostly carp to be honest. First time I've used the top lake. Will certainly be doing so again.
  • Options
    Gonna have a bash on my mates stock lake next week, 3 acre lake all to meself. We put some massive roach and perch etc over when it was netted in the winter, so looking forward to a good day. Reckon they get big on the pellet they put in for the carp, coz I ain't ever seen anything like it......

I would love to have a few house in the Thames like I did when I was a kid, use to ride along to old path down to the old yacht club, where the Pilot is and pull out lovely eels. Heard Beyonce was down there last week pmsl
  • Options
    Going for a 72 hours session on Orchard place farm tomorrow
    After a 40
  • Options
    Rob, as apprentices at Deptford Power Station it was our job to make eel traps. We caught loads. The old boys jellied them on site.
    Coal gang fucked me off one day so I put an eel in their tea urn ---- they found it next day !!!!
  • Options
    Just caught my supper on the Wye.
  • Options

I like that..a very lot

Been on 2 lakes today, caught one pissy little roach. Still, I'm now using my Great Uncle Leonard's rod and reel, so enjoyed every minute of it
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I like that..a very lot

Been on 2 lakes today, caught one pissy little roach. Still, I'm now using my Great Uncle Leonard's rod and reel, so enjoyed every minute of it
    Similar to me. Apart from two Bream the only other thing I caught was sunburn!

Oh and stepped backwards onto my trusty Normark rod I've had for years and snapped it. Not my finest days fishing.

• Options
    red_murph said:

I like that..a very lot

Oh and stepped backwards onto my trusty Normark rod I've had for years and snapped it. Not my finest days fishing.

You got a Great Uncle Len an all then Murph?
  • Options

red_murph said:

I like that..a very lot

Alas not mate! :) I'm blaming today's disasters on the fact I took the missus along. F##king Jonah!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    red_murph said:

red_murph said:

I like that..a very lot

Alas not mate! :) I'm blaming today's disasters on the fact I took the missus along. F##king Jonah!

Pmsl so did I.........20 minutes in, "What time we staying till?" FFS, that was before she had even made the sandwiches
  • Options

I like that..a very lot

One of those nice old ABU Cardinals with worm gearing by any chance?
  • Options

I like that..a very lot

No its only an old fly reel, one of 2, but I've always fancied float fishing with a fly reel. There is another reel in the fishing basket, but I need to have a look at it as its seized
  • Options
    ...the 2 fly reels and rods are Milbro?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I like that..a very lot

No its only an old fly reel, one of 2, but I've always fancied float fishing with a fly reel. There is another reel in the fishing basket, but I need to have a look at it as its seized
    If I tried float fishing with a fly reel, I'm sure I would end up with my line in a worse tangle than the neurons in KM's head!
  • Options

I like that..a very lot

If I tried float fishing with a fly reel, I'm sure I would end up with my line in a worse tangle than the neurons in KM's head!
    Works a treat mate. Sat next to a fella with a 89 foot roach pole, really can't see the point in them at all
  • Options

I like that..a very lot

Works a treat mate. Sat next to a fella with a 89 foot roach pole, really can't see the point in them at all
    Me neither
  • Options
    red_murph said:

red_murph said:

I like that..a very lot

Who said romance was dead :smile:
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I like that..a very lot

I hope he doesn't mind you having his rod in your hand.
  • Options

I like that..a very lot

I hope he doesn't mind you having his rod in your hand.
    Shouldn't have thought so, he copped it 15 years ago

; )