Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fishing

Comments

• Options

red_murph said:

red_murph said:

Just caught my supper on the Wye.

I like that..a very lot

Been on 2 lakes today, caught one pissy little roach. Still, I'm now using my Great Uncle Leonard's rod and reel, so enjoyed every minute of it
    Similar to me. Apart from two Bream the only other thing I caught was sunburn!

Oh and stepped backwards onto my trusty Normark rod I've had for years and snapped it. Not my finest days fishing.

You got a Great Uncle Len an all then Murph?
    Alas not mate! :) I'm blaming today's disasters on the fact I took the missus along. F##king Jonah!

Who said romance was dead :smile:
    Treat her like a Queen ;)

• Options
    Back on pals lake again today, calling this trip 'Unfinished Business', photos to folla
  • Options

I like that..a very lot

Been on 2 lakes today, caught one pissy little roach. Still, I'm now using my Great Uncle Leonard's rod and reel, so enjoyed every minute of it
    One of those nice old ABU Cardinals with worm gearing by any chance?
    No its only an old fly reel, one of 2, but I've always fancied float fishing with a fly reel. There is another reel in the fishing basket, but I need to have a look at it as its seized
    If I tried float fishing with a fly reel, I'm sure I would end up with my line in a worse tangle than the neurons in KM's head!
    Works a treat mate. Sat next to a fella with a 89 foot roach pole
    Long Dong Silver?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Back on pals lake again today, calling this trip 'Unfinished Business', photos to folla

Nice day for it too. Hope you're bagging up.
  • Options

Nice day for it too. Hope you're bagging up.
    He's catching fish, not shagging them (I hope) :smiley:
  • Options
    After a good day shooting the rats (18 picked up in all), I then started my 'Unfinished Business' session on the stock lake. I reckon I caught 30 fish in all and was gonna upload the photos of the bigger fish as I caught em, but it was takin a fuckin age to upload, so here they are.

My swim for the afternoon

Scuse the orange adidas, bought em online on a wim and just utilise em for work and fishing, we've all done it ffs

Just some ducklings with their mum, a coupe will be coming home with me to live on our lake once they've fledged. Fresh duck eggs mmmmm

Ducks again, chasing after the stones I was throwin at em, think they thought it was bread. FFS

I know the fish ain't that dig, but size ain't very thing as my Mrs keeps telling me. Gonna go back to the stock lake again later in the week for Unfinished Business #2, still wanna get one of the 6lbs+ tench out of there....
  • Options

After a good day shooting the rats (18 picked up in all), I then started my 'Unfinished Business' session on the stock lake. I reckon I caught 30 fish in all and was gonna upload the photos of the bigger fish as I caught em, but it was takin a fuckin age to upload, so here they are.

Scuse the orange adidas, bought em online on a wim and just utilise em for work and fishing, we've all done it ffs

Just some ducklings with their mum, a coupe will be coming home with me to live on our lake once they've fledged. Fresh duck eggs mmmmm

Ducks again, chasing after the stones I was throwin at em, think they thought it was bread. FFS

I know the fish ain't that dig, but size ain't very thing as my Mrs keeps telling me. Gonna go back to the stock lake again later in the week for Unfinished Business #2, still wanna get one of the 6lbs+ tench out of there....

Any chance you could make the rat total 19 and take Roly out of the human race?
  • Options

You can't beat a couple of ducks in your garden mate. I'm off to a place near Canterbury next week to get a couple of more to go with ours

• Options
    Forgot this one
  • Options

Very nice. Always a bonus to spend the day at a picturesque venue and catch fish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

red_murph said:

red_murph said:

I like that..a very lot

Similar to me. Apart from two Bream the only other thing I caught was sunburn!

Oh and stepped backwards onto my trusty Normark rod I've had for years and snapped it. Not my finest days fishing.

You got a Great Uncle Len an all then Murph?
    Alas not mate! :) I'm blaming today's disasters on the fact I took the missus along. F##king Jonah!

Who said romance was dead :smile:
    Treat her like a Queen ;)

Loving the rod rest. Must be a bugger lugging that around! ;)

• Options
    There's a story about that key, but I won't go into it
  • Options

Going for a 72 hours session on Orchard place farm tomorrow
    After a 40

No 40 but had some nice fish

After a 40

No 40 but had some nice fish
  • Options

After a 40

• Options
    i shall be walking down the cliff at the end of the week to the sea wall and attempting to snare a few mackerel ---last year it was 2 nil to them but it was the September. Locals tell me they havnt shown yet but i think this "heat wave" may bring em in. Not looking forward to the walk back tho !
  • Options
    Took the kids Sunday for the first time to Frant both enjoyed it with a fair few caught although I never got to do much myself as I spent most of the day untangling them or getting them out of the trees or bushes.
  • Options
    Does fishing not bother people on here? I'm a bit of a soft fella and I'd feel incredibly guilty holding a fish out of water and have it suffocate in my hands.
  • Options

Does fishing not bother people on here? I'm a bit of a soft fella and I'd feel incredibly guilty holding a fish out of water and have it suffocate in my hands.

Unless you are going to kill and eat the fish they do not suffocate. Big carp like floydroadfaithfull is holding above are fine out of water for a few minutes. As you can see he is holding the fish over a cradle that supports and protects the fish plus his hands are wet to avoid damaging the fishes scales.

Big fish like the carp in the pic need to be introduced back into the water carefully and held until they orientate themselves, however this only takes a few seconds before they swim off and disappear into the depths.
  • Options

Unless you are going to kill and eat the fish they do not suffocate. Big carp like floydroadfaithfull is holding above are fine out of water for a few minutes. As you can see he is holding the fish over a cradle that supports and protects the fish plus his hands are wet to avoid damaging the fishes scales.

Big fish like the carp in the pic need to be introduced back into the water carefully and held until they orientate themselves, however this only takes a few seconds before they swim off and disappear into the depths.
    Surely they are reintroduced with a gaping hole in their face?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Surely they are reintroduced with a gaping hole in their face?
    Not at all, modern hooks nowadays are shaped to avoid mouth damage and most venues now have rules that ban hooks with barbs on them. Fish damage is normally caused by poor anglers. I cannot see a "gaping hole" in the fishes face in the pic above?
  • Options
    Well I do hope the fish, both big and small are looked after. If you're going to eat them, kill them and put them out of their misery. If you're catching them for a photo, put them back in the water sooner rather than later.

I think fish are more intelligent than people give them credit for. I have a fish pond in my back garden and the fish know the time of day I feed them so they can't be absolute morons.

• Options

Well I do hope the fish, both big and small are looked after. If you're going to eat them, kill them and put them out of their misery. If you're catching them for a photo, put them back in the water sooner rather than later.

I think fish are more intelligent than people give them credit for. I have a fish pond in my back garden and the fish know the time of day I feed them so they can't be absolute morons.

Spot on Nick, its all about educating people how to fish correctly. certain venues contain "known" fish and anglers pay a lot of money to try and catch them. The last thing you want is to land it to find it has been mistreated.

I have had ponds in every house I have lived in and I know what you mean about feeding time :smile:
  • Options
    if and its a big if i catch any mackerel they aint going back
  • Options

if and its a big if i catch any mackerel they aint going back

Lol, good for you, sea fishing is totally different to coarse fishing. No point in going sea fishing if you are not going to eat what you catch. I hope you have a portable e BBQ with you, clean them, gut them and cook them on the beach. You do not get much fresher than that and it keeps the food miles down.
  • Options

There are lots of different types of fishing Nick and as with anything you will find some inconsiderate people. However, the vast majority of anglers I've met over the years are very conscious of looking after their catch (if course fishing) and very environmentally friendly. Specimen anglers will carry with them a medical ointment to dab onto any sores or missing scales etc. and whilst holding the fish over a padded mat will place it back as quickly as possible, a big satisfaction is seeing it swim away healthy.

It's an incredibly relaxing past time and gets you at one with nature.

I suffer from a mental illness and it's the only time I ever get to fully relax, even if I don't catch very much just being out in the countryside is good for my health.

I know others will have opposing views.

Going by the previous posts it would be good to keep this thread about people that enjoy fishing rather than a debate on the rights and wrongs if possible.

• Options
    no mate walking down a 300 foot cliff to the sea wall with a fishing rod and a few lures is enough . Ill take em back should i get any (i will one day) for the wife to do some Thai magic on em.
    Spoke to two young lads month or so ago and they were fishing in the spot i was for Bass and said they were very close in and it was possible i was casting to far---not great distance---but they were fishing only a couple of metres out

Last year was told there were so many you could have almost walked on them !! and a guy who went out for em in a canoe filled it up and had to come in !

• Options

no mate walking down a 300 foot cliff to the sea wall with a fishing rod and a few lures is enough . Ill take em back should i get any (i will one day) for the wife to do some Thai magic on em.
    Spoke to two young lads month or so ago and they were fishing in the spot i was for Bass and said they were very close in and it was possible i was casting to far---not great distance---but they were fishing only a couple of metres out

Last year was told there were so many you could have almost walked on them !! and a guy who went out for em in a canoe filled it up and had to come in !

Good luck GH, enjoy the catch tonight.
  • Options

After a 40

Kipper that, good work!
  • Options

Good luck GH.

My mate Julian fishes for Mackeral off his local beach in Devon and takes his son along. Some magic pictures of them with their catch over an open fire on the beach. Something I'd like to give a go.