Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fishing

Comments

• Options
    Noticed a couple of references to Hythe beach..... Took these photos tonight, I live just of the Seafront, took these as I am doing some paintings, thought the light and water looked good. My brother does fishing and is coming up in a week or two, so may have a go. Some weeks the front is very busy. The second shot shows the anglers
  • Options

Pulled these out of our lake the other day. All gone back in, ready for the summer.

Going piking on Monday, photos to folla

Out of interest where did you get them from?
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:

Pulled these out of our lake the other day. All gone back in, ready for the summer.

Out of interest where did you get them from?
    Out of our lake mate
  • Options
    When I lived in England I used to go Carp fishing regularly, and really enjoyed it. I belonged to the Blue Circle fishing club so mostly used to fish their waters, along with places like Frant etc, but Im sure there is probably a lot more choice in venues now. So Im coming home at the end of March and Id be interested in getting back into some serious fishing. Ive got a motorhome so Im happy to travel. Where do you guys recommend?
  • Options
    TEL said:

When I lived in England I used to go Carp fishing regularly, and really enjoyed it. I belonged to the Blue Circle fishing club so mostly used to fish their waters, along with places like Frant etc, but Im sure there is probably a lot more choice in venues now. So Im coming home at the end of March and Id be interested in getting back into some serious fishing. Ive got a motorhome so Im happy to travel. Where do you guys recommend?

If it's big carp you're after, and you've got a motor home, I'd strongly suggest coming to France for the odd few days Tel. Some whoppers over here.
  • Options

TEL said:

If it's big carp you're after, and you've got a motor home, I'd strongly suggest coming to France for the odd few days Tel. Some whoppers over here.
    I was thinking of doing a few days in France, can you suggest some locations? My biggest Carp was from a private lake I used to fish between Sevenoaks and Westerham and weighed just over 27lb...not a monster, but one I wont foget in a hurry as it probably hadnt been caught for many years as nobody fished the lake.
  • Options
    TEL said:

TEL said:

I was thinking of doing a few days in France, can you suggest some locations? My biggest Carp was from a private lake I used to fish between Sevenoaks and Westerham and weighed just over 27lb...not a monster, but one I wont foget in a hurry as it probably hadnt been caught for many years as nobody fished the lake.
    My mate runs a lake called Angel Lakes, upto 60lb in there Tel, but you have to go for a week on a package deal (food etc included)
  • Options
    Booked a Ferry from Portsmouth to St Malo on 14th April....just checking out a few sites now which have fishing available
  • Options
    In the end I fished a lake up near Peterborough and had 18 carp out over one evening session and a full day. Nothing huge really but up to 8-9lbs but very good sport.

I then fished Sumners Ponds, which was noisy and full of kids taking delight in throwing rocks into the water. However I had a Bream coming in around 7lb and a beautiful Mirror Carp at 23lb 3oz. Despite having booked for another 3 days there, I decided that It would be best to leave before the kids joined the rocks at the bottom of the lake.

I stayed at a beautiful campsite in Normandy close to Bayeux, however Im convinced it was barren as I didnt see a single fish caught there in four days.

Back again in August to test my new Dwarf rods to the full. Have motorhome will travel....
  • Options
    Had my new pb mirror @ 42-9-0 over easter
    Lovely golden fish
    The lakes we know nothing about are the best
    Always love a challenge
    Although im looking for a nice syndicate to join must be picturesque and not silly money
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017
    TEL said:

In the end I fished a lake up near Peterborough and had 18 carp out over one evening session and a full day. Nothing huge really but up to 8-9lbs but very good sport.

I then fished Sumners Ponds, which was noisy and full of kids taking delight in throwing rocks into the water. However I had a Bream coming in around 7lb and a beautiful Mirror Carp at 23lb 3oz. Despite having booked for another 3 days there, I decided that It would be best to leave before the kids joined the rocks at the bottom of the lake.

I stayed at a beautiful campsite in Normandy close to Bayeux, however Im convinced it was barren as I didnt see a single fish caught there in four days.

Back again in August to test my new Dwarf rods to the full. Have motorhome will travel....

I hate Sumner's (during the WE) it's my local and it's always full of kids on the weekend, the bar is good though for a nice cold one while you fish and the restaurant has some tasty foods!

I also, nearly always draw blank there! (last 2 times!)

Can anyone recommend a good easy lake in West Sussex ( I am coming off the back of my 3rd blank in a row!)
  • Options
    A beautiful Autumn day on the bank

• Options

Nice one, I take it you are fishing on the bottom as I cannot see a float?
  • Options
    Isn't the bottom best to fish, especially when it's cold?
    (Cue Mehmet)
  • Options

Nice one, I take it you are fishing on the bottom as I cannot see a float?
    Floating mate, it is there, among the leaves.

Piking later this afternoon and might stick one out for a cat (fish)
  • Options
    Get some pics of your catches - I haven't been in months and haven't caught anything decent this year...
  • Options
    Few weeks back a local caught 50 mackral off Deal pier and a pod of Dolphins has been seen around Dunge ---- in November !!!!
  • Options
    Wahey Nice start with... is it a Silver bream?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    do you chuck ones like that back or trough em?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    These all go in my net for my little lake at home mate. I only eat the trout I catch out the river
  • Options

Which lake?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    PopIcon said:

Which lake?
    My friends private lake mate
  • Options
    This was my first catch of 5 yesterday, annoyingly battery went soon after! Guy in opposite swim got a 24lb carp which was easier to land than the 5lb eel he then got.
  • Options
    That a crucian carp, @Dazzler21
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    TEL said:

TEL said:

All joking aside, doesn’t Lee Bowyer have a fishing lake in France.
    Don’t know what it’s stocked with but maybe worth asking him if you can try it out.
    Not sure if it’s a commercial enterprise or private.
    Just Googled it, (Lee Bowyer fishing), it looks fantastic and is open to the public.
    It’s in the Ardennes champagne region!
  • Options

TEL said:

TEL said:

Don’t know what it’s stocked with but maybe worth asking him if you can try it out.
    Just Googled it, (Lee Bowyer fishing), it looks fantastic and is open to the public.
    He own Bows Lake and another which are both next to Gigantica, well known in the carp world
  • Options
    ...not by the carp, by those who go in search of em - Carpiste
  • Options

TEL said:

TEL said:

Yes I was thinking of booking a few days in October when I’m next over
  • Options
    The 23lb ‘er from Summers last April @Dazzler21