Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Trafford evacuated. edit: match abandoned.

Comments

• Options
    So after all it is indeed a funny story. Maybe this shows that it's best to know the facts before posting.
  • Options
    I know how pissed off I've been to travel up to London for abandoned games. I can only imagine how angry Cherries fans are having gone that far and spent that much for a completely avoidable abandonment. Given the money sloshing about it would be nice if United covered all travel, hotel, food, the whole lot.
  • Options
    No wonder the evacuation process was so well coordinated. It looks like they might have had a practice run very recently.
  • Options
    25May98 said:

No wonder the evacuation process was so well coordinated. It looks like they might have had a practice run very recently.

It wouldn't surprise me, if the exercise was the same day, as the Trafford Centre exercise,
  • Options

25May98 said:

It wouldn't surprise me, if the exercise was the same day, as the Trafford Centre exercise,
    Could be so. While your in the area. A rushed clear up at Old Trafford in order to get over to the Trafford Centre for the evening exercise. Leave a bomb or two in the toilets. Easy done.
  • Options
    Conspiracy theorists are already out in force. Led by Collymore on twitter.
  • Options
    Maybe this is their first punishment - play this week, not after the FAC as everyone expected.
  • Options

Conspiracy theorists are already out in force. Led by Collymore on twitter.

He's a peculiar one, and a lot of his logic is quite contradictory - although his theory could be seen as plausible overall.

It's definitely a funny one, had the situation been a real threat then there would be conspiracy theorists claiming it was a "false flag" operation aimed at further government control.. and now it's been classified as a rather mundane mistake made by a third party company, it's being looked upon as a lie because of "the state of Europe and how nervous people are". There's no middle ground is there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Massive smell of bullshit on this story
  • Options
    "United will refund all tickets and allow ticket holders from both clubs to watch Tuesday's re-arranged game for free, while Manchester United season ticket holders will also be given a credit."

What a strange concept. Man U must have a very unique SMT to have come up with that idea. It will cost them £3mn apparently!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

"United will refund all tickets and allow ticket holders from both clubs to watch Tuesday's re-arranged game for free, while Manchester United season ticket holders will also be given a credit."

What a strange concept. Man U must have a very unique SMT to have come up with that idea. It will cost them £3mn apparently!

Fair play to them! A great gesture.
  • Options
    The old 'training exercise' chestnut
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    nice touch by united but for bourmeouth fans;

ticket is 46 quid

a same day train is 5 and a 1/2 hours each way at £121.00 a go.

• Options
    The security company at fault should be made to pay Bournemouth fans' travelling expenses
  • Options

The security company at fault should be made to pay Bournemouth fans' travelling expenses

The exercise was a week ago, kinda shows how shit the day to day security is
    ... Slightly reassuring for any Wood be attackers
  • Options
    How come the toilets weren't searched before they let everybody in the stadium?

Maybe that's not how it's done but it worries me a bit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A bloke came out of trap one and said I give it ten minutes if I were you, by that time the crowd had started to enter the ground.
  • Options

Toilet was checked, security see a device with wires hanging out and just presumed it was someone's car radio.
  • Options
    The firm has been named: Security Search Management & Solutions Ltd.

Presumably from the name the firm provides security searching, yet they couldn't even find the device they put there themselves.

Surely after a cock up this big no one would ever hire these clowns again? A business destroyed.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Presumably from the name the firm provides security searching, yet they couldn't even find the device they put there themselves.

Surely after a cock up this big no one would ever hire these clowns again? A business destroyed.

If it was a comedy film nobody would believe it.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

They sound perfect for..............

us.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Based in Bexley by all accounts.
  • Options
    are the Police not to blame. I thought the 'devices' were planted for the Police to find, if so surely they knew how many they were searching for or can no-one in the Old Bill count?
  • Options

are the Police not to blame. I thought the 'devices' were planted for the Police to find, if so surely they knew how many they were searching for or can no-one in the Old Bill count?

My wife is an operating theatre senior sister.

Every operation they count everything, needles, instruments, swabs etc before and after for the obvious reason that if they don't know where they are they might be in the person's body. They don't just leave them. If the count doesn't add up they keep on looking.

Should be same for this lot. If you "planted" 10 "bombs" at the beginning you make sure you have 10 "bombs" at the end. Basic stuff.