Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Refunds for North Lower

Comments

• Options
    HandG said:

Cue finding as many faults as possible in the wording of the email......

In all seriousness, that's a decent response from the club and a sensible way of potentially increasing the attendance for the first game.

This.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Curb_It said:

Just received and I didn't complain.

We are writing to you as our records show that you purchased a ticket in the North Stand or Quadrants for Charlton Athletic’s home game against Burnley on Saturday 7th May and attended the match.

We have received a number of complaints from fans saying they had a restricted view of the game because of netting that was erected in front of the Lower North Stand. The Club does not consider that the netting restricted the view and if fans were not happy they were offered a chance to move seats.

However, we apologise if you felt that your view was restricted. These steps were taken as a precautionary measure in response to anticipated disruption and due to the dangerous objects thrown by individuals from the Lower North Stand at previous games.

While we were not breaking any regulations, as a gesture of good will, we are offering all fans who attended in the North Stand or Quadrants for the Burnley game, a complimentary matchday ticket to the first league game at The Valley for the 2016/17 season. This ticket will be allocated as close as possible to the ticket that you purchased for the Burnley game.

Should you not be able to make that game, the ticket can be redeemed for any league game before the end of September.

Should you have already purchased a season ticket, the matchday ticket would be transferable so you could take a friend or family member to the game with you.

For further assistance in claiming the ticket, please send a copy of the ticket, season ticket or online purchase to the below address along with your name and contact details.

Address: Charlton Athletic Ticket Office/Burnley game, The Valley, Floyd Road, London, SE7 8BL

Many Thanks,

Charlton Athletic

What were the "dangerous objects" that were thrown, which caused the net to be put up? It can't have been the beach balls or stress balls, as they couldn't possibly be regarded as dangerous; and it couldn't have been flares, because - as we saw - the netting had zero effect on the flares being thrown.

So, what have I missed?
    The stuffed toy dog. That was very dangerous ;)
  • Options
    It's a decent enough response but they did not offer alternative seating inside the ground, but then this regime and lies go hand in hand.
  • Options
    Keep up the pressure on them , guys and gals.

Don't accept their "offer" without a fight !

• Options
    More lies. I don't know a single person who was offered a move away from a seat affected by the netting.

If the netting wasn't considered a problem why are they now trying placate people that complained about it?
  • Options
    Very strange that these messages come out the day after the complaints go into the FA.
  • Options
    The "We didn't do anything wrong but..." tone of it is irksome.

If CARD are planning something for the first game of the season I'll claim my freebie.
  • Options
    Can we not have a free cinema ticket instead?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2016
    'We have received a number of complaints from fans saying they had a restricted view of the game because of netting that was erected in front of the Lower North Stand. The Club does not consider that the netting restricted the view and if fans were not happy they were offered a chance to move seats.

However, we apologise if you felt that your view was restricted. These steps were taken as a precautionary measure in response to anticipated disruption and due to the dangerous objects thrown by individuals from the Lower North Stand at previous games'.

I just read the whole thing again. Lies and rewriting of history. Pretty sure the club did not give anyone the opportunity to move and the emphasis of dangerous objects thrown for a couple of flares when the nets would not prevent that. The nets were put up to prevent small inoffensive objects thrown onto the pitch.

It reads as a statement has little to do with supporters but is a paper exercise for future justification / mitigation of the clubs actions with the FA.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

'We have received a number of complaints from fans saying they had a restricted view of the game because of netting that was erected in front of the Lower North Stand. The Club does not consider that the netting restricted the view and if fans were not happy they were offered a chance to move seats.

However, we apologise if you felt that your view was restricted. These steps were taken as a precautionary measure in response to anticipated disruption and due to the dangerous objects thrown by individuals from the Lower North Stand at previous games'.

I just read the whole thing again. Lies and rewriting of history. Pretty sure the club did not give anyone the opportunity to move and the emphasis of dangerous objects thrown for a couple of flares when the nets would not prevent that. The nets were put up to prevent small inoffensive objects thrown onto the pitch.

It reads as a statement has little to do with supporters but is a paper exercise for future justification / mitigation of the clubs actions with the FA.

This is not a justifiable action to disrupt your view of the game. They are passing the buck, and not dealing with their 'anticipated' problem satisfactorily.

• Options
    I wonder if they are correct in stating that they breached no regulations. Is there not something in legislation (Sale of Goods Act?) about changing terms post sale?
  • Options

The "We didn't do anything wrong but..." tone of it is irksome.

This. Plus the barefaced lie about being offered alternative seats.

They lie so much now it's just accepted.

• Options
    Did anyone bother to keep their ticket?
  • Options
    I think it's a good response by the club with flexible conditions of how to use the free ticket. For whatever reason they accept they need to compensate and are doing so.
  • Options

I think it's a good response by the club with flexible conditions of how to use the free ticket. For whatever reason they accept they need to compensate and are doing so.

I agree. They can't do much else and at any normal club it would be viewed as a good move.

They think they are being smart by offering tickets they can't sell though. They haven't thought it through though. The tickets can be given to boycotting protestors.

The "you could have moved if you'd asked" is disingenuous as no one knew to ask. It was never tested on the day as the club hadn't told people it was an option at the time.

I doubt very much that it was the case that stewards were briefed to let people move but can't be sure.
  • Options
    I was in the North Stand Upper for the Burnley game and have been offered a comp ticket via the club email.

Does this now mean that they will need to compensate everyone who was in the North Stand with a comp ticket as well.
  • Options
    Badger said:

I was in the North Stand Upper for the Burnley game and have been offered a comp ticket via the club email.

Does this now mean that they will need to compensate everyone who was in the North Stand with a comp ticket as well.

Likewise
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Badger said:

Likewise

Me too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was North Upper and got that email. I have advised I am not in the habit of retaining old tickets and not sure why I would need to return anything to them, when, as a season ticket holder last season I should be on their records.
  • Options
    @Henry Irving Shhh!!! Give people a chance to get their freebie tickets out of the club first :-)

• Options
    A free ticket for all those sitting in the area that were throwing dangerous things onto the pitch. Good thinking guys. Are you sure you have thought this through?

Some may take the view that you are deliberately enticing trouble? Criminal in my opinion.
  • Options
    Any complimentary tickets for those whose view was ruined by the Liar flag? And I'm sure some of the filling from the sofa got in my throat.
  • Options

Did anyone bother to keep their ticket?

Mine ended up on the pitch!
  • Options

Take the freebie, use it to protest

#firstgameabandoned

This.
  • Options
    One thing though. I purchased 4 match tickets for myself and 3 friends for the game. Yet have only been offered one complementary ticket. How does that in any way equate?
  • Options

Take the freebie, use it to protest

#firstgameabandoned

This.
    Also this