Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Refunds for North Lower

Comments

• Options
    Surely 'wrongly' not 'wrong'?? :-)
  • Options
    Incorrectly, to be... er ... correct
  • Options
    Can we not get a dozen small claims going the the courts? If nothing else the inconvenience and the publicity would upped.
  • Options
    Anybody had anything back? It's now 14 days since I sent mine will probably follow up with the football ombudsman today.
  • Options
    They've ignored me for 3 weeks now. I will be writing some stroppy emails this weekend
  • Options
    Just received and I didn't complain.

We are writing to you as our records show that you purchased a ticket in the North Stand or Quadrants for Charlton Athletic’s home game against Burnley on Saturday 7th May and attended the match.

We have received a number of complaints from fans saying they had a restricted view of the game because of netting that was erected in front of the Lower North Stand. The Club does not consider that the netting restricted the view and if fans were not happy they were offered a chance to move seats.

However, we apologise if you felt that your view was restricted. These steps were taken as a precautionary measure in response to anticipated disruption and due to the dangerous objects thrown by individuals from the Lower North Stand at previous games.

While we were not breaking any regulations, as a gesture of good will, we are offering all fans who attended in the North Stand or Quadrants for the Burnley game, a complimentary matchday ticket to the first league game at The Valley for the 2016/17 season. This ticket will be allocated as close as possible to the ticket that you purchased for the Burnley game.

Should you not be able to make that game, the ticket can be redeemed for any league game before the end of September.

Should you have already purchased a season ticket, the matchday ticket would be transferable so you could take a friend or family member to the game with you.

For further assistance in claiming the ticket, please send a copy of the ticket, season ticket or online purchase to the below address along with your name and contact details.

Address: Charlton Athletic Ticket Office/Burnley game, The Valley, Floyd Road, London, SE7 8BL

Many Thanks,

Charlton Athletic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Just received and I didn't complain.

We are writing to you as our records show that you purchased a ticket in the North Stand or Quadrants for Charlton Athletic’s home game against Burnley on Saturday 7th May and attended the match.

We have received a number of complaints from fans saying they had a restricted view of the game because of netting that was erected in front of the Lower North Stand. The Club does not consider that the netting restricted the view and if fans were not happy they were offered a chance to move seats.

However, we apologise if you felt that your view was restricted. These steps were taken as a precautionary measure in response to anticipated disruption and due to the dangerous objects thrown by individuals from the Lower North Stand at previous games.

While we were not breaking any regulations, as a gesture of good will, we are offering all fans who attended in the North Stand or Quadrants for the Burnley game, a complimentary matchday ticket to the first league game at The Valley for the 2016/17 season. This ticket will be allocated as close as possible to the ticket that you purchased for the Burnley game.

Should you not be able to make that game, the ticket can be redeemed for any league game before the end of September.

Should you have already purchased a season ticket, the matchday ticket would be transferable so you could take a friend or family member to the game with you.

For further assistance in claiming the ticket, please send a copy of the ticket, season ticket or online purchase to the below address along with your name and contact details.

Address: Charlton Athletic Ticket Office/Burnley game, The Valley, Floyd Road, London, SE7 8BL

Many Thanks,

Charlton Athletic

Just got the same.
  • Options
    Got one too. I left my season ticket under the Sam Bartram statue, which makes me wonder if they're going to demand the actual ST to get hold of the freebie.
  • Options

Firstly, blimey, a proper response for once. Secondly, a ticket for the first game at The Valley. I'd suggest all those affected take up the offer, hand them to CARD, fill the North Lower and throw the kitchen sink at that game, show them nothing has changed, we are not going away.

Note that the reply makes no mention of whether the netting will be there for the first match. Clearly the "does not consider that the netting restricted the view" part is to give them the get out if (when ) they use the netting again. As it's still there is it safe to assume it's remaining until the protests end?
  • Options
    I purchased four tickets for the match but have only been offered a singular ticket as compensation.

Also was anyone at all offered to move seats? News to me.
  • Options
    Planning a strongly worded email reply.
  • Options
    Also the fact that I have to post something to them to claim my tickets? Seriously? Post?

I shouldsimply be able to give red card number, name, address, booking ref and it should be done.

Post something. They're hoping no one can be arsed. So let's all do it just to pisss them off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've received the same email and never filed a complaint, a free ticket at Rolands expense to protest against him at the game !!!!!!
  • Options
    Terrible, terrible English grammar.
  • Options
    HandG said:

Cue finding as many faults as possible in the wording of the email......

In all seriousness, that's a decent response from the club and a sensible way of potentially increasing the attendance for the first game.

If they stuck netting up for a film you were watching, you complained then they said we were happy this didn't affect your view but here's another ticket to a film that may or may not have netting again, you'd be happy?

It's football not a cinema, as we know (KM doesn't) but it's an event and you go to watch it, if you are low in the stadium it will affect your viewing. I wasn't there, but you pay your season ticket fee (or match ticket fee) for the view, if you knew there was going to be netting in front I highly doubt you would sit in the same position
  • Options
    If they're going to hide behind a 'dangerous objects thrown' defence perhaps they should have put netting up in front of the north upper too. I was struck by several 'dangerous objects' thrown from above. They can't have it both ways. They have knowingly exposed me to this 'danger' - should i sue them?!
  • Options
    I will be declining their offer and i will continue to ask for a refund. A free ticket for somebody else who did not attend the Burnley game is not adequate compensation for my restricted view of the game.

Apart from that, i'd like to keep my friends. Making them sit through a shitty league one match won't help that!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    We asked for compensation, not punishment!
    I wonder if they might offer a free ticket to the first away match instead?