Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Refunds for North Lower

Comments

• Options
    Nope no response either
  • Options

CWadlan said:

Have received this email from Mandy (Head of Ticketing) Regarding refunds!

What was the email that you sent to her?
    Move to North Upper - barrier was so tall it affected views from top of N Upper to some extent as well! See pic in Burnley pics!
  • Options
    Nug said:

Nope no response either

I received an email back from her 2 days ago saying my email was being handled by the fans@cafc.... Address and I would receive a response shortly.....
  • Options

Nug said:

Nope no response either

I received an email back from her 2 days ago saying my email was being handled by the fans@cafc.... Address and I would receive a response shortly.....
    When will this woman ever take responsibilty for anything that happens in her department?!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I've emailed and asked for a refund as it was not the experience I expected at all... The sole reason I went was to throw things on the pitch and the net prevented this.

Didn't even get a response... Appalling customer service!
  • Options
    Not received an e-mail from my question (not on the exact same topic)

I will forward my lack of reply to the Football League who are very quick at pushing this to CAFC and they will reply.
  • Options
    Wtf is going on in the corridoors of Charlton Athletic Football Club?

I go through varying degrees of emotions, ranging from resignation and giving up to being very upset.

The sheer incompetence and how amateurish certain individuals are is astounding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nug said:

Nope no response either

Me too. I replied it was a ticketing issue and that a copy and paste response from the fans address would not be good enough. Nothing back since..
  • Options
    They bought the can of worms themselves - they put the netting up without considering all the consequences properly. Now they are going to have to eat their worms, force fed by us if necessary!

The way they have dealt with the issue so far is insulting and cowardly. Ticket office Mandy ignores everybody's emails then abdicates her responsibility by fobbing it off on fans@cafc.co.uk

Hopefully, this will cost them thousands
  • Options
    I had the same reply about a week ago,heard nothing since. also asked Mandy for assurances,that the netting will not be up next season.
  • Options
    someone posted a well crafted email on another thread I think relating to this. can someone post it up as I want to email for a refund as well.
  • Options
    so what can you do,if they just ignore these emails, how do you escalate the compliant - anyone know?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Macronate said:

someone posted a well crafted email on another thread I think relating to this. can someone post it up as I want to email for a refund as well.

It's @Bournemouth Addick 's post on the second page of this thread.

so what can you do,if they just ignore these emails, how do you escalate the compliant - anyone know?

@Bournemouth Addick can probably be more certain than I am but to actually get money back if the club refuse to play ball, you probably have three possible choices.

First the small claims court. An easy process which can be done on-line here I believe https://moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Second, section 75 of the consumer credit act might apply but because of the £100 limit probably only if you are claiming for a pro rata portion of a season ticket or a group of match day tickets bought together as one transaction.
    In short, if those things apply, and you have paid by credit card or other finance agreement (zebra finance or whoever the club recommend) then the finance company is jointly and severally liable and should cough up. There are plenty of template letters available on-line. (The card company would then claw the money back from the club.)
    Third, if under £100 and paid for by either debit card or credit card, try the charge back scheme operated by the card provider and part of their Scheme Rules.

Obviously option one is your only recourse if you paid cash.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

Page 2 of this thread.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Macronate said:

It's @Bournemouth Addick 's post on the second page of this thread.

@Bournemouth Addick can probably be more certain than I am but to actually get money back if the club refuse to play ball, you probably have three possible choices.

First the small claims court. An easy process which can be done on-line here I believe https://moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Second, section 75 of the consumer credit act might apply but because of the £100 limit probably only if you are claiming for a pro rata portion of a season ticket or a group of match day tickets bought together as one transaction.
    In short, if those things apply, and you have paid by credit card or other finance agreement (zebra finance or whoever the club recommend) then the finance company is jointly and severally liable and should cough up. There are plenty of template letters available on-line. (The card company would then claw the money back from the club.)
    Third, if under £100 and paid for by either debit card or credit card, try the charge back scheme operated by the card provider and part of their Scheme Rules.

Obviously option one is your only recourse if you paid cash.
    ...annoyed at myself for not spotting the autocorrect "sight" to "site" looking back at the letter now but essentially @cafcfan is right in terms of available options and the application of S75. The next stage, if no satisfactory response is received, would be to send a letter before action.

One thing I'd throw into the mix also is if and when the club do respond and if those affected are still unhappy then consider a complaint to the theifo.co.uk/complaints.html too.

It would be dreadful if the club spent all summer dealing with small claims or complaints to the IFO.

• Options
    I had a reply from Mandy on May 10 as follows (in response to question whether the netting would be used again)

To my knowledge the netting put in place for the last home match of the season was used for exceptional circumstances. It is not the decision of the ticket office as to when it is going to be used. As per the Burnley fixture I believe that we again offer supporters alternative seating
  • Options
    Lol, shunning it off as if it's not the Ticket Office's problem - well obviously if someone wants a refund they are going to go through the TO. It's her departments problem, if you wasn't offered alternative seating you are entitled to a refund - chase it up guys.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

I had a reply from Mandy on May 10 as follows (in response to question whether the netting would be used again)

To my knowledge the netting put in place for the last home match of the season was used for exceptional circumstances. It is not the decision of the ticket office as to when it is going to be used. As per the Burnley fixture I believe that we again offer supporters alternative seating

I would throw it straight back at her stating it IS a ticketing issue because you are demanding a part refund of your season ticket, and make it clear no alternative seating was offered.
  • Options
    Those who have the time and inclination to do so should give 'em hell over this.
  • Options
    Just keep asking and keeping copying in the football league.

If you haven't had a reply then esculate it to a formal complaint.
  • Options
    The Money Claim On Line website quoted above is quite straightforward to use and it'll probably cost £25 as you're claiming less than £300. You need to specify the refund you want, why you should have it, claim the £25 back (and any other costs, such as cost of postage, if you've written to them) as well as interest on the money they owe. Worth doing, if you don't mind risking the £25, because if you are successful then presumably everyone in the NL will claim, costing them no small amount of money or risking having CCJs against them which will make getting credit difficult. Ideally of course the poor sods who were sitting on the sofa would also claim, as presumably they had tickets but were moved to this "prime" position, the view from which was then continuously blocked by stewards.