Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VOTV - New takeover news

Comments

• Options

Tutt isn't it?

Davo55 said:

Don't forget the Graham Tutt "approach" that got airtime on here recently. May well be the 3rd possibility. Judging on apparent credibility the odds must be:

1. Varney
    2. Elliott
    3. Tutt

Where's @PeanutsMolloy to give us the form and odds? :smile:

For those that missed it first time around:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/71882/tutt-and-american-investor

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/72215/charlton-athletic-crisis-graham-tutt-cares
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Once RD and the puppet have gone then we need to go after Tony the Pony.

I wouldn't want an owner who couldn't see Tony for the incompetent little man he truly is: we've already had an inept ownership once.
    Davo55 said:

Don't forget the Graham Tutt "approach" that got airtime on here recently. May well be the 3rd possibility. Judging on apparent credibility the odds must be:

1. Varney
    2. Elliott
    3. Tutt

Would Duchatelet have the guts to open discussions with Varney after his public disclosure though? When Varney sent his emails to Airman - and further recorded a video for CARD - he directly strengthened the protesters position and hurt Roland where it hurt: his ego.

Given the three options, would Roland really consider them all equally and in a businesslike manner when his prize possession - his ego - was wounded?

On the other hand, Elliott wasn't looking too pleased yesterday according to some (such as Richard Cawley) - which potentially suggests that he wasn't quite prepared to go public yet. In Roland's eyes this may be seen as a strength and a sign of trustworthiness.
  • Options
    The door may be ajar, however I can't see Roland selling at the moment. In reality, what is the club worth in League 1? It has I suspect now nearer £45m of debt come July, is run on a budget too low to run a club even remotely effectively (not just playing side but behind the scenes).

Like it or not we are a club probably likely to add 8-9m a year to the debt pile which I think would mean Roly will need to write off getting towards £40m, is he really likely to do that?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

The door may be ajar, however I can't see Roland selling at the moment. In reality, what is the club worth in League 1? It has I suspect now nearer £45m of debt come July, is run on a budget too low to run a club even remotely effectively (not just playing side but behind the scenes).

Like it or not we are a club probably likely to add 8-9m a year to the debt pile which I think would mean Roly will need to write off getting towards £40m, is he really likely to do that?

But the longer he keeps hold of the club, the larger his losses will become. When will he decide to cut his losses and move on?
  • Options
    I have had no discussions with Keohane, I've only seen him on video, was enough for me to call him out as a useless wanker.

Other comments on this forum from people who have been unfortunate enough to meet him have solidified my view.

But as I said before, with no real knowledge, I may be wrong. He may be a great guy.
  • Options
    Gillis said:

Hex said:

Despite all the evidence to the contrary, Roland must understand that at this point all he's doing is throwing away more money.

He might want £38m, but if he keeps hanging out for that, with no takers, he'll have to keep loaning the club more money to stay afloat, unless he really believes he has a pipeline of £5m players coming through the academy.

The worry would be that he thinks he can raise a bunch of money from selling JBG and Lookman, enough to fund next years losses

With FFP in L1 he will have to put in real money and that will hurt him.
    I admit my grasp of FFP is shaky, but, worryingly, I think he could cut the playing wage budget to 60% of turnover, and continue to fund the club through loans. I don't think FFP prohibits loans as such, it's just that loans don't count towards turnover in the percentage of turnover calculation.
    It's the wage limit to 60% of turnover that will greatly limit what RD can do. Loans don't count in turnover so what could he spend the loans on? However, a gift (equity) is included in turnover so he could cover extra spending that way. Also, however, he could also use FFP has an excuse to downsize the club still further.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

jamescafc said:

I've seen a limited amount of keohane but what I and absolutely sure of, and I hope you are reading this, you are a useless bullying c**t who isn't fit to hold a senior post anywhere.

I may be wrong though ;)

Care to expand? I hear a lot of bad things said about this bloke but not really any supporting evidence.
    My only 'evidence' about Tony is that when we were protesting at Sparrows Lane (sponsors meeting) he sent some poor sod out to video us during our peaceful protest. Bullying twat - come out and do it yourself .
    He'd get a strongly worded letter from my agent if he filmed me without prior authorisation
  • Options
    PL54 said:

But what will the busybodies do if anything goes wrong in the first few months of any new buyer's ownership.

CAPE

Who are the busybodies?

HORN
  • Options
    Hex said:

Gillis said:

Hex said:

Despite all the evidence to the contrary, Roland must understand that at this point all he's doing is throwing away more money.

He might want £38m, but if he keeps hanging out for that, with no takers, he'll have to keep loaning the club more money to stay afloat, unless he really believes he has a pipeline of £5m players coming through the academy.

The worry would be that he thinks he can raise a bunch of money from selling JBG and Lookman, enough to fund next years losses

With FFP in L1 he will have to put in real money and that will hurt him.
    I admit my grasp of FFP is shaky, but, worryingly, I think he could cut the playing wage budget to 60% of turnover, and continue to fund the club through loans. I don't think FFP prohibits loans as such, it's just that loans don't count towards turnover in the percentage of turnover calculation.
    It's the wage limit to 60% of turnover that will greatly limit what RD can do. Loans don't count in turnover so what could he spend the loans on? However, a gift (equity) is included in turnover so he could cover extra spending that way. Also, however, he could also use FFP has an excuse to downsize the club still further.
    Yes, sorry, having read my post back, I haven't expressed myself very clearly. My concern is that he won't, as it were, inflate turnover through injecting equity, and will reduce expenditure on wages to 60% of actual turnover, whilst funding the redevelopment of the academy/training ground (if he decides to continue with it) and player acquisitions (if he actually spends any money on players) through loans from Starprix.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    _MrDick said:

All of this takeover rumour, I believe it when it's on the OS someone posts the 'it's happening GIF'

You haven't read the whole thread...it's already in there... Somewhere...
  • Options
    Excuse my ignorance what the hell is a 'Gif'??
  • Options

FP?

We've already got a FP running the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

An animated image
  • Options
    edited April 2016

This is mate;

nounCOMPUTING
    a lossless format for image files that supports both animated and static images.
    "a GIF image"
    a file in GIF format.
    plural noun: GIFs
  • Options
    @Ben18 Thanks
  • Options
    Damn you new takeover thread. Checking morning noon and night for "news".
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I wouldn't want an owner who couldn't see Tony for the incompetent little man he truly is: we've already had an inept ownership once.
    Davo55 said:

1. Varney
    2. Elliott
    3. Tutt

On the other hand, Elliott wasn't looking too pleased yesterday according to some (such as Richard Cawley) - which potentially suggests that he wasn't quite prepared to go public yet. In Roland's eyes this may be seen as a strength and a sign of trustworthiness.
    I was surprised by the timing of Elliott's interest being made public in VOTV. Was this done with Elliott's approval or not?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

LuckyReds said:

Davo55 said:

1. Varney
    2. Elliott
    3. Tutt

I was surprised by the timing of Elliott's interest being made public in VOTV. Was this done with Elliott's approval or not?
    I'm going to 'no comment' that question (as opposed to ignoring it), because I'm not going to be drawn into discussing sources.