Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VOTV - New takeover news

Comments

• Options

SLP says Roland wants £38m. I bet he bloody does. I can't see anyone paying £38m for what is essentially now a League One outfit. Even if we were safe it would be a stretch to get that kind of cash.

Roland just has to accept that sometimes a business decision goes wrong and you lose money. It's all down to how he can get out without losing too much face and how much he can cut his losses. There's no way the club's worth what he paid for it, so he's lost on the original £19m(?), but he has paid off the bank debt and improved the pitch, so he can reasonably ask for those monies, no?

What chance he just gets shot of the club for a nominal fee and keeps taking the interest on the £38m we owe him?
    Your logic assumes that he wants to sell. The last thing that came out of the club was that the club was not and would not be for sale any time soon.

I don't want to sell my house, I mean I really don't want to sell it, but if I were offered enough for it I would do. If I don't get a silly offer for it I won't sell.

The £38m price tag might be to say to the fans 'Fine, I'll sell the club. Find a buyer that will give me my money back and I'll be off. Fail to get that price and I'm staying!'

The fact that Roland and Kartien have made so many stupid decisions, and continue to do so, makes it so difficult to predict what they will do or what they are thinking.

It occurred to me (and my Dad) on Saturday that Roland is wealthy enough to, literally, destroy the club just to piss off the fans that have opposed him and the financial cost to him would make no more difference than a round of drinks makes to me. If he is stubborn/arrogant and/or vindictive enough he could hold on to the club, racking up loans while we suffer relegations in each of the next four years before putting the club into administration/liquidation and refusing to accept anything less that 100p in the pound for the money the club owes him. If he's worth £500m then he can easily wrote off £50 if he sees fit.

All the suggestions that he is a business man and will look for the best business approach are inconsistent with the way he's run the club, and the network, up to now.

Will he get £38m? Maybe not, but if the team being put forward by Peter Varney really do intend to drop £250m to establish Charlton in the Premier League (and I'm not sure it can be done for much less than that) then why wouldn't they pay £38m for the club?
  • Options

SLP says Roland wants £38m. I bet he bloody does. I can't see anyone paying £38m for what is essentially now a League One outfit. Even if we were safe it would be a stretch to get that kind of cash.

Roland just has to accept that sometimes a business decision goes wrong and you lose money. It's all down to how he can get out without losing too much face and how much he can cut his losses. There's no way the club's worth what he paid for it, so he's lost on the original £19m(?), but he has paid off the bank debt and improved the pitch, so he can reasonably ask for those monies, no?

What chance he just gets shot of the club for a nominal fee and keeps taking the interest on the £38m we owe him?
    Your logic assumes that he wants to sell. The last thing that came out of the club was that the club was not and would not be for sale any time soon.

I don't want to sell my house, I mean I really don't want to sell it, but if I were offered enough for it I would do. If I don't get a silly offer for it I won't sell.

The £38m price tag might be to say to the fans 'Fine, I'll sell the club. Find a buyer that will give me my money back and I'll be off. Fail to get that price and I'm staying!'

The fact that Roland and Kartien have made so many stupid decisions, and continue to do so, makes it so difficult to predict what they will do or what they are thinking.

It occurred to me (and my Dad) on Saturday that Roland is wealthy enough to, literally, destroy the club just to piss off the fans that have opposed him and the financial cost to him would make no more difference than a round of drinks makes to me. If he is stubborn/arrogant and/or vindictive enough he could hold on to the club, racking up loans while we suffer relegations in each of the next four years before putting the club into administration/liquidation and refusing to accept anything less that 100p in the pound for the money the club owes him. If he's worth £500m then he can easily wrote off £50 if he sees fit.

All the suggestions that he is a business man and will look for the best business approach are inconsistent with the way he's run the club, and the network, up to now.

Will he get £38m? Maybe not, but if the team being put forward by Peter Varney really do intend to drop £250m to establish Charlton in the Premier League (and I'm not sure it can be done for much less than that) then why wouldn't they pay £38m for the club?
    Same reason I won't pay £37 to get in at Leeds. I don't want it enough to be ripped off, because there are other things I can do that day.

You must drink very expensive wine . . .
  • Options

Was at the FPA dinner last night, (or at least the reception before hand) and photographed Roy Hobson and Graham Tutt's agent Allen David of Allen David of international Entertainment. The letter that 'Roy' is holding is from the Department of Media and Sport, from the acting minister of Sport. I will let Roy explain the 'Graham Tutt' situation re CAFC.

That looks the the reunion of two ageing rockers!
    Surely that's Bob Chagnall and Patch Lafayette from Crème Brûlée.
  • Options

Roland is lots of things....but foremost he is a businessman and he won't write off money out of spite. He is seemingly listening to offers but of course he wants the best deal. How realistic he will be is the big question.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

£38million must be the right price, I mean the barrow boys over the river just paid £15million just for a stadium, whereas this £38m gets you a stadium, a shop, an NHS call centre, the best outdoor screen in the land, a half built training ground, a laundry van and 25-odd below average footballers

Don't forget the sofa.
  • Options
    Excellent editorial in this edition of VOTV
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roland needs to think:
    cafc999 said:

T.C.E said:

cafc999 said:

ross1 said:

I remember getting excited when we were told 2 years ago that a multi-millionaire was taking us over to replace the broke owner we had. Excuse me if I do not get too excited over rumours of a new owner

True, but any new potential owner would have to go some to top Roland, Daisy and Cahones
    I thought it was bad enough with The Krankies pi55ing off the customers, but then the Pilbury Dough boy turned up and upset those on the inside of club. Someone please tell me it can't get worse, can it, surely not?
    Yes, Tony the Pony is quite something else, his latest "brainwave" is that he wants staff to ring up people that have not renewed there season ticket and ask them why. When one member of staff told him that they already knew that answer, our hero, Tony the Pony then went on to say that "He wanted to hear it from them..!!"

What a complete loser
    This bloke might be a complete tit but I don't see anything wrong with the above.
    At least when asked, "why are you not renewing"? With that more direct approach, Fans can just say "because Tony Cahone is a useless pr*ck".

I wonder if tony wanted to make more of a name for himself via the fans protests.

Might bugga off to Dubai in the next couple of days
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    cafc999 said:

T.C.E said:

cafc999 said:

ross1 said:

I remember getting excited when we were told 2 years ago that a multi-millionaire was taking us over to replace the broke owner we had. Excuse me if I do not get too excited over rumours of a new owner

True, but any new potential owner would have to go some to top Roland, Daisy and Cahones
    I thought it was bad enough with The Krankies pi55ing off the customers, but then the Pilbury Dough boy turned up and upset those on the inside of club. Someone please tell me it can't get worse, can it, surely not?
    Yes, Tony the Pony is quite something else, his latest "brainwave" is that he wants staff to ring up people that have not renewed there season ticket and ask them why. When one member of staff told him that they already knew that answer, our hero, Tony the Pony then went on to say that "He wanted to hear it from them..!!"

What a complete loser
    That's a lot of phone calls - I thought the Ticket Office could only use the lines when the NHS Call Centre wasn't using them......?
  • Options
    Silly question maybe but if RD is refusing to deal with Peter Varney then why don't that consortium get a new frontman/representative?
  • Options
    If we are being bought by another consortium, as long as Murray says they are OK, then it will be fine. Sorry, forgot, he always says they are right for the club, providing they agree to give him he's £7m
  • Options

Silly question maybe but if RD is refusing to deal with Peter Varney then why don't that consortium get a new frontman/representative?

Late 20's
    Female
    Educated to degree level
    Laughs at his jokes and not his dress sense.

He'll sell for less than a £million
    Matches my other half's description, sadly she laughs at his biggest joke, what he's done to Charlton.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

If we are being bought by another consortium, as long as Murray says they are OK, then it will be fine. Sorry, forgot, he always says they are right for the club, providing they agree to give him he's £7m

Just to be clear, in fairness to him and others, he's not owed £7m - that's the combined total for seven former directors.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Was at the FPA dinner last night, (or at least the reception before hand) and photographed Roy Hobson and Graham Tutt's agent Allen David of Allen David of international Entertainment. The letter that 'Roy' is holding is from the Department of Media and Sport, from the acting minister of Sport. I will let Roy explain the 'Graham Tutt' situation re CAFC.

That looks the the reunion of two ageing rockers!
    Surely that's Bob Chagnall and Patch Lafayette from Crème Brûlée.
    Voodoo Lady?

• Options

Maybe they have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I had this posting from Graham Tutts agent on facebook earlier today.
    I can confirm that he did speak to Keith Peacock, but I have no idea as to what they discussed. I photographed him prior to this at the reception, I did NOT stay for the dinner.
    I did see a letter from The acting Sports minister, but no nothing of the details of the 'approach', which I understand has NOT been acknowledged by the club, at least as of Sunday to there prior approaches.!

Here is what was posted, If I hear anything that I am allowed to 'share' I shall post it.
    The photograph I will post is not the one on 'facebook', but one I took of the individuals involved.........

David Allen shared Dave Gibbs's photo.
    14 hrs ·
    AFC CHARLTON Athletic's Ambassador Keith Peacock listens to me about the new consortium proposed by Ex-Goalkeeping Addicks Legend Graham Tutt from Atlanta in USA .. Keith was Coach of the Tampa Bay Rowdies in 70's & 80's . My Client Graham Tutt has competition from Paul Elliott CBE & Peter Varney in a Three Horse Race which we are leading

Apparently he spoke to Lennie Lawrence that was there at the dinner, which I was allowed to attend as photographer through John Rooke who organised the event.
  • Options
    How do people get selected to front for these consortiums?

I sometimes wish I had mega-rich friends who I could sorta ring up and say "Yo, there's a football club down the road I think you should buy. Want to get your chequebook out and I'll send them an email and see what I can do?". Sounds like fun.
  • Options
    To be leading a three horse race, the race has to have started.
    The lack of acknowledgement from the club sounds like the race hasn't started. But if the horses are in the starting gate then it may do soon.