Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VOTV - New takeover news

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Been staring into a deep deep and dark chasm over my football club for what seems so long now, I will need these rumours to get me through the close season. Let's hope there is some substance in this.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

ross1 said:

I remember getting excited when we were told 2 years ago that a multi-millionaire was taking us over to replace the broke owner we had. Excuse me if I do not get too excited over rumours of a new owner

True, but any new potential owner would have to go some to top Roland, Daisy and Cahones
    I thought it was bad enough with The Krankies pi55ing off the customers, but then the Pilbury Dough boy turned up and upset those on the inside of club. Someone please tell me it can't get worse, can it, surely not?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    He hasn't increased it's value, he has messed it up which has to be reflected in the price.
  • Options
    I'd love to see some of your go on Dragons Den with your grasp of business valuations!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £38,000,000 is the opening Gambit.
    He should take £18,000,000 and think himself lucky.
    The A star Cockwomble.
  • Options
    Yes so write off all debt (don't worry Roland I'm sure you'll get a tax deduction for your loss),

Please sell the club company to a buyer who does not debt load the acquisition vehicle but instead buys it with honest (dodgy oil or laundered Eastern European or Asian cash) dollar.

After west London property a potentially big club has to be the best way to launder money ever. Just call Saul, he will tell you.
  • Options
    Can't help but feel this is probably more pissing about from Duchatalet. Open the door to a possible buy-out (he got stung before when he didn't and doesn't need a repeat of that) as it may calm protests a little for the last two home matches, but name a ridiculously high price. If the buyers withdraw he has tried but they couldn't pay what it was worth (ie what Roland thinks it is still worth), and if they buy at a crazy price he's got out of a bad situation with minimal losses.
  • Options
    Despite all the evidence to the contrary, Roland must understand that at this point all he's doing is throwing away more money.

He might want £38m, but if he keeps hanging out for that, with no takers, he'll have to keep loaning the club more money to stay afloat, unless he really believes he has a pipeline of £5m players coming through the academy.

The worry would be that he thinks he can raise a bunch of money from selling JBG and Lookman, enough to fund next years losses
  • Options

Despite all the evidence to the contrary, Roland must understand that at this point all he's doing is throwing away more money.

He might want £38m, but if he keeps hanging out for that, with no takers, he'll have to keep loaning the club more money to stay afloat, unless he really believes he has a pipeline of £5m players coming through the academy.

The worry would be that he thinks he can raise a bunch of money from selling JBG and Lookman, enough to fund next years losses

With FFP in L1 he will have to put in real money and that will hurt him.
  • Options

Once RD and the puppet have gone then we need to go after Tony the Pony.

A decent owner should quickly get a measure of those that are out of their depth and act swiftly. We still have to get rid of Roly and Meire first. Whilst the signs may be looking a bit more positive, they are still here, and could still be for some time yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've seen a limited amount of keohane but what I and absolutely sure of, and I hope you are reading this, you are a useless bullying c**t who isn't fit to hold a senior post anywhere.

I may be wrong though ;)

I doubt it
  • Options
    Hex said:

With FFP in L1 he will have to put in real money and that will hurt him.
    I admit my grasp of FFP is shaky, but, worryingly, I think he could cut the playing wage budget to 60% of turnover, and continue to fund the club through loans. I don't think FFP prohibits loans as such, it's just that loans don't count towards turnover in the percentage of turnover calculation.
  • Options

I've seen a limited amount of keohane but what I and absolutely sure of, and I hope you are reading this, you are a useless bullying c**t who isn't fit to hold a senior post anywhere.

I may be wrong though ;)

Care to expand? I hear a lot of bad things said about this bloke but not really any supporting evidence.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    This just posted on FB...

"Yes, Elliott is heading consortium to buy club, as is another FP based in America. Along with Varney's, if they were interested in purchase rather than investment, that makes three potential buyers."
  • Options
    FP?

A choice of buyers sounds promising though
  • Options

FP?

A choice of buyers sounds promising though

Former player
  • Options
    John Robinson?
  • Options
    Tutt isn't it?