Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VOTV - New takeover news

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

bobmunro said:

Why would RD break the habit of a lifetime and communicate that a takeover bid(s) are being considered?

If I were involved in one of these deals I would want to keep quiet about it until it was all wrapped up and I would rather expect the other side to as well. Not least, as a buyer, I wouldn't want to alert other potential interested parties and risk sparking a bidding war.

This is what I don't understand; why would Roly be quiet about selling whilst potential buyers are making noises. If I were the vendor I'd wan't as many people to know as possible in the precise hopes of starting a bidding war. I'd expect those wanting to buy to be the ones wanting to keep it quiet. But then, I've never sold anything more expensive than a second-hand Mondeo, so what do I know?
    I guess with modern social media it isn't hard to put out feelers that you are willing to sell. RD probably wants to look like a reluctant seller too, who will only sell if paid top whack...
  • Options

Did Varney ever explicitly confirm he was fronting a bid?

yes
    My bad, last time I read in detail he was talking about a commercial opportunity. Where would I find details of the offer, thanks?

• Options

Did Varney ever explicitly confirm he was fronting a bid?

yes
    My bad, last time I read in detail he was talking about a commercial opportunity. Where would I find details of the offer, thanks?

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/71791/card-video-peter-varney-interview-on-the-situation-at-cafc-part-3-page-3/p1

You can watch him say it in his own words here.
  • Options
    Thanks