Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2016/17

Comments

• Options
    Just found It's on sky sports mix if you don't have sky sports.
  • Options
    Were watching here, son and I both Chiefs fans as I work in KC each summer at the WWI Museum, were shouting for the raiders tonight just because @northstandsteve is a good bloke! I first saw the game at Wembley in 84? Buckaneers v Rams.

Hard to see beyond Dallas or the Pats this year though
  • Options
    That was USFL not NFL

Tampa Bay Bandits v Philadelphia Stars.
  • Options
    Brock Osweiler now looking like Aaron Rodgers for fuck sake.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Could have been, Burt Reynolds owned the Bandits (just looked it up) I remember
  • Options
    20-7 lead for the Texans. Just over a minute left in the second quarter.
  • Options
    Feel for the Raiders. They look lost without the injured Carr and are surely heading for defeat here.
  • Options
    Raiders have to take Cook out of the game and bring McGloyne on next time they have the ball, what's the worst that could happen ?
  • Options
    Can't see Oakland coming back from this.
  • Options
    Well that's the final nail.

If Matt McGloin was so injured he couldn't play a snap why would he have been dressed to play on the sidelines ? that's a genuine question - I know there are guys with good NFL knowledge who might know the answer here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Texan cheerleaders only highlight of a truly awful offensive game.
  • Options
    Just watch this comeback.
  • Options
    Raiders receiving hasn't helped Cook to be fair the Cooper drop earlier reminded me of playing for the Tonbridge Tigers ffs
  • Options
    Ooh. It's on !!!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Touchdown Raiders... not over yet. 27-14 with around 8 minutes to go.
  • Options
    Now, that was a drive. TD Raiders. Nice play Cook.
  • Options
    Cook building some chemistry with Holmes on that drive.
  • Options
    Bollox
    Going to bed now

• Options
    Looks like that's the game. Texans win 27-14.
  • Options
    I would love to know how many drops the Raiders receivers had, I know Cook missed a few but that was disgraceful the amount of drops that occurred some of them under no pressure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was an appalling game. Two absolutely useless teams, but at least the Raiders had a good excuse.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Raiders that is how to catch a pass!
  • Options
    One handed and obstructed by a detroit player.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Texans beat the Raiders. 27-14
    Seahawks beat the Lions. 26-6

Sun 8 Jan:
    Dolphins @ Steelers 6pm CBS
    Giants @ Packers 9:40pm FOX

Sat 14 Jan:
    Seahawks @ Falcons 9:35pm FOX
    Texans OR Dolphins @ Patriots 1:15am CBS
    Sun 15 Jan:
    Steelers OR Texans @ Chiefs 6:05pm NBC
    Packers OR Giants @ Cowboys 9:40pm FOX

Sun 22 Jan:
    NFC Championship Game 8:05pm FOX
    AFC Championship Game 12:40am CBS

Sun 5 Feb:
    Super Bowl LI 12:30am FOX

• Options
    I can't make my mind up about the Seahawks. They seem to be a flawed team, but took care of Detroit (albeit with a little help from the refs).

They are not the team they used to be, but I can see them beating Atlanta, because every team from Atlanta is a fraud team.
  • Options
    Are Raiders a one man team, seems that way, gutted.
  • Options

A rookie Qb and then losing your starting LT doesn't help. More of an issue was Ken Norton Jr's defence.

Hopefully he gets canned as he is an awful D.C.

We were never a 12-4 team in reality Carr hid many of the deficiencies with his stellar play.

With a good draft and some key free agents I expect to challenge next year though.

I could name all the players to let go but it would be a long list
  • Options

I would love to know how many drops the Raiders receivers had, I know Cook missed a few but that was disgraceful the amount of drops that occurred some of them under no pressure.

I think they mentioned on SS yesterday, Crabtree and Cooper are #1 and #2 respectively in dropped catches since start of last season.
    Feel a bit for cook, Raiders first playoff appearance in yonks and he was thrown in against the leagues #1 defense. All went to pot on Christmas Eve and McGloin must have been seriously beat up against Denver.

Tonights games are interesting. I can see Miami upsetting those terrible-towels and as good as the pack have been during the second half of the regular season, for me this game depends which Eli shows up.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

The quarter back is in reality half the team in its effectiveness......you can have the best outfield players available but if the quarter back is naff, then you are toast.
    So, with respect, your comment really applies to all teams.
  • Options
    Solid start for the Steelers