Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2016/17

Comments

• Options

Definitely. Can't wait for the inevitable Dolphins march to the Super Bowl (!)

For some reason l quite fancy the Giants to win the whole shooting match, come Feb. Big match temperament. History. Their defence. And with a little bit of Odell...

Those odds above are starting to look quite appealing.

And, with that, kielyskickingboots gave his last-ever NFL prediction. Strong Giants defence. 5(?) makeable catches dropped by Odell.

Couldn't have been more wrong if I'd had Katrien and Roland doing their Nantz-Simms double-team and live-feeding the answers into my ear.

Jeez.
  • Options
    I couldn't pick a winner in a 1 donkey race .. Vikings don't make the p/os, Giants humbled by the pesky Packers .. Seattle coming good again .. lots of good stuff to come in the rest of the season
  • Options

That boat trip was ill advised
  • Options
    All 4 games won by the home team over the weekend but I don't think that will be the case next weekend. New England should be comfortable winners over Houston and I just go for KC over Pittsburgh. However I like Seattle's chances at Atlanta, and having backed the Packers for the Superbowl last week I am not going to desert them now and I think they can win at Dallas. The only sure thing looks the Patriots however, the other 3 should be cracking games.
  • Options
    Anyone else get UK season tickets for next year? No real 'A' list games but it worked out just under £40 a game for my son and I, all 4 games over 5 week period so looking forward to it
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Anyone else get UK season tickets for next year? No real 'A' list games but it worked out just under £40 a game for my son and I, all 4 games over 5 week period so looking forward to it

Yep, three season tickets for us - about £60 a game which is decent considering I paid $160 to watch Bengals @ Giants in New Jersey six weeks ago.
  • Options
    Yes same here two season tickets for us
  • Options
    Only 120 odd miles........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will share with the Rams in Inglewood from 2019.
  • Options

Will share with the Rams in Inglewood from 2019.

interesting .. LA did without a team for years through 'a lack of public interest' and now is getting two moving in within three years .. anyhow, the way LA is spreading, San Diego will be a Los Angeles suburb within a few years
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    The Rams and Chargers moves makes me wish I had never bothered getting involved with following the NFL, honestly.

Devastated for Chargers fans.
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of US Sports but this is one thing I truly despise about it. Having your team stolen from you so the owners can make more money somewhere else is absolutely rotten.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

I'm a big fan of US Sports but this is one thing I truly despise about it. Having your team stolen from you so the owners can make more money somewhere else is absolutely rotten.

Not strictly true Charges have been after a new stadium for years same as the Raiders. NFL has screwed up here though by putting two teams in LA with no real fan base. Kroenke though didn't want the Raiders showing him up in his shiny new place.

The issue is always about public financing and San Diego and Oakland both have been unwilling to pony up the money.

It's the shame for the fans especially for San Diego with a small fan base. At least the Raider Nation is huge and travels so Vegas will rock anyway.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

It's true but depends how far back you want to go. Most have moved. Colts from Baltimore, Cards from Chicago, Oilers from Houston, and even Rams the first time round.
  • Options

Missed It said:

It's true but depends how far back you want to go. Most have moved. Colts from Baltimore, Cards from Chicago, Oilers from Houston, and even Rams the first time round.
    The Chargers first season was in LA as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Seahawks @ Falcons, Sat 14th 9:35pm FOX
    Texans @ Patriots Sun 15th 1:15am CBS

Steelers @ Chiefs, Sun 15th 6:05pm NBC
    Packers @ Cowboys, Sun 15th 9:40pm FOX

Steelers @ Chiefs has been moved to 1:20am GMT (after Packers @ Cowboys) due to the bad weather forecast in KC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Damn it
  • Options
    Well that's me falling asleep at my desk on Monday then.
  • Options
    What you going on about?

Season ended last week.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    This move is gonna kill the chargers.

Playing in stadium for two years that holds less than 30k.

Plus fans in LA are still Raiders or failing that still hold a candle for LA RAMS.

Apparently the viewing figures for RAMS this season were disappointing in the LA area and that is season one !!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Difficult to call 3 of these games. Called all last week's games correctly, so putting my head on the block early.

What I want and think will happen is that next week's championship games will be the Packers at Seattle and Pittsburgh at New England. Would not surprise me if Dallas win, especially if Nelson is out.
  • Options
    Close but going for Patriots and 3 road victories
  • Options
    Just booked Monday off work. Will be watching the Chiefs into the early hours. Charlton and Millwall, Chiefs and Pittsburgh. I have a feeling I might not be in the best mood next week.
  • Options
    Chiefs, Pats, GB and Seattle would be my picks the only one which could go either way in the Dallas game.
  • Options
    Chiefs (fingers crossed), Patriots, Green Bay and Falcons for me
  • Options
    Falcons, Pats (duh), Steelers, Packers

Packers and Steelers really really hard to pick though. Surprisingly confident in this Falcons team to go far stuck a fiver on them to win the super bowl before the wildcard games.