Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2016/17

Comments

• Options
    Gotta feel for them both. Two young AFC QBs.
  • Options
    CONFIRMED:
    Derek Carr brakes his fibula and is out indefinitely.

There goes our Super Bowl chance...
  • Options
    Bollox
  • Options
    Gutted. Could see straight away he knew it was bad.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Yes....can't see us getting the bowl now.....absolutely gutted for him, the team and us fans.
  • Options
    just had a quick fiver on the Giants (at 25/1) .. it's Christmas after all, be nice to those poor bookies .. too late now .. have they got a chance against (e.g.) .. Cowboys, Pats, Green Bay ? .. we'll soon find out
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Current
    1. Aaron Rodgers
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Matthew Stafford

All Time
    1. Joe Montana
    2. John Elway
    3. Peyton Manning

QB I would want nowhere near my team in any circumstances.
    1. Colin Kaepernick

Unfortunately, I'm a 49ers fan

As am I. Montana is a legend. Kaepernick is a clown. He did manage to pull out a win yesterday though.
  • Options

If your season depended on it which current quarter backs would you want leading your team?

For me it would be:-

1 Rodgers
    2 Brady
    3 Wilson

In my lifetime

1 Montana
    2 Rodgers
    3 Young

Currently
    1. Brady
    2. Carr (as his stats prove this year)
    3. Big Ben

Lifetime
    1. Ken 'the snake' Stabler
    2. Montana
    3. Marino

Ok a little Raider bias, at least I didn't put in Plunkett!!
    There's no way Stabler was better than Montana. Not by the stretch of anyone's imagination.
  • Options
    Bummer for Carr. A real bummer for their authentic fans. But, there are a lot of bandwagon Raiders fans in the Bay Area. It'll be tough now for the Raiders without Carr.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Missed It said:

Current
    1. Aaron Rodgers
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Matthew Stafford

All Time
    1. Joe Montana
    2. John Elway
    3. Peyton Manning

QB I would want nowhere near my team in any circumstances.
    1. Colin Kaepernick

Unfortunately, I'm a 49ers fan

As am I. Montana is a legend. Kaepernick is a clown. He did manage to pull out a win yesterday though.
    Typical Kaepernik though wasn't it. Fail to find a receiver, panic, get away with a desperate play by relying on his athletic ability.

It's a shame there are no stand-out QBs in the next draft (not that Baalke would know what one looks like!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got a feeling Matt McGloin is gonna step up to the plate , threw two great passes when needed yesterday, it's our time Raider Nation
  • Options

just had a quick fiver on the Giants (at 25/1) .. it's Christmas after all, be nice to those poor bookies .. too late now .. have they got a chance against (e.g.) .. Cowboys, Pats, Green Bay ? .. we'll soon find out

Although they already beat Dallas - I think Eli's continual end of season arm fatigue will make the agiants too easy to defend. He struggles to make any rocket passes over 15 yards at the minute.

• Options
    Chiefs make the playoffs, thanks to the Steelers for winning tonight.

All teams have injuries. The Chiefs have had key players missing throughout the season. This is the NFL though and it's next man up. I've never known a sport to forget yesterday's heroes as quickly as the NFL.
  • Options
    Rob said:

If your season depended on it which current quarter backs would you want leading your team?

1 Rodgers
    2 Brady
    3 Wilson

In my lifetime

1 Montana
    2 Rodgers
    3 Young

Currently
    1. Brady
    3. Big Ben

Lifetime
    2. Montana
    3. Marino

There's no way Stabler was better than Montana. Not by the stretch of anyone's imagination.
    That wasn't the question though,it was if your season depended on it. For me it would always be The Snake.
  • Options
    Rob said:

1 Rodgers
    2 Brady
    3 Wilson

In my lifetime

1 Montana
    2 Rodgers
    3 Young

Currently
    1. Brady
    3. Big Ben

Lifetime
    2. Montana
    3. Marino

Highly debatable!
  • Options
    Incredible to think Chiefs could end up winning the divisional matches 6-0 and not win the AFC West.
    Can't happen often.
  • Options
    Regarding the Stabler/Montana debate. I suppose it's all about opinions. I wouldn't put Stabler in the same league as Montana, even for match saving situations, but that's just my opinion. Stabler was a great player and is in the Hall of Fame but I think Montana was, arguably, the best QB ever.
  • Options
    Hard to comment on Stabler as I only saw the tail end of his career with the very poor New Orleans Saints. Granted he won a Superbowl, backed by some excellent receivers but the stats don't back the argument. Montana is 13th on the career QB rating stats list having played most of his career before the NFL went completely pass-oriented. Stabler doesn't even make the top 100.
  • Options
    There are only two QBs left in the "greatest of all time" discussion - Montana & Brady.

On one hand, people cite Montanas superior Super Bowl record, and his late game winning drives.

Brady has had to do it in the salary cap era, so he didn't have a HoF team built around him with money no object. He's also statistically superior to Montana in most categories.

One more Super Bowl win and the discussion is over.
  • Options
    In New York at moment and planning to get tickets for the Jets final game against Buffalo. The Jets have obviously had an awful season but I was surprised to find loads of tickets available for only $9 each!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In New York at moment and planning to get tickets for the Jets final game against Buffalo. The Jets have obviously had an awful season but I was surprised to find loads of tickets available for only $9 each!

That much!!!
  • Options
    Don't they have to sell 98% of tickets for a game or it is blacked out for live tv coverage in that area? If they don't sell em, the game does not get shown in New York.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Don't they have to sell 98% of tickets for a game or it is blacked out for live tv coverage in that area? If they don't sell em, the game does not get shown in New York.

There has to be a 2% joke in there somewhere with that stat!!!
  • Options
    Cowboys masterclass last night. If they get everybody fit, they'll take some stopping!
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Cowboys masterclass last night. If they get everybody fit, they'll take some stopping!

Anyone but Dallas!

• Options
    Texans are living proof that Indians fucked buffaloes!
  • Options
    Watching N England v Miami on SS2 .. so far the Pats are like a well oiled and programmed machine, just slicing up the poor Dolphins
  • Options
    Well we end the season on a high by beating cowboys, but another year of disappointment, I should be used to this!!
  • Options
    Oh dear Raiders getting their arse kicked at Denver whilst Chiefs lead at San diego
  • Options
    Backup quarterback McGloin off injured too. Gonna drop to 5th seeds...