Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who's going to stay/go when we go down(players)

What players should stay or go?

Comments

• New LOL record impending
  • Tobi has left the club already so should surely be removed from the squad list?
  • get used to the names from the development squad.......
  • edited April 2016
    I standby my earlier list of players for next season.

Goalkeepers: Nick Pope / Dimitar Mitov
    Defence: Chris Solly / Harry Lennon / Morgan Fox
    Midfield: Johnnie Jackson / El-Hadji Ba / Callum Harriott / Tarieq Holmes-Dennis / Jordan Cousins (?) / Regan Charles-Cook
    Strikers: Ademola Lookman / Karlan Ahearne-Grant / Josh Umerah / Mikhail Kennedy

With a lot of holes being filled...
  • I would hope we keep Tiexiera and Bauer .. a defence of Solly, Bauer, Tex and Fox would be a good start .. midfield .. Cousins, Ba, an experienced ENGLISH newcomer, Bergdich (I know he's not rated by the majority on here) can't see Diarra, Fanni, Motta, Ceballos, JBG still being around .. Big Mak, Reza, Vetokele will be gone I reckon... so we'll need another striker or two as Lookman and the other youngsters won't last for the full 46 plus cup games .. Like to see Madden of Scunthorpe or Winnall of Barnsley, regular scorers in the 1st Div, but can't see it happening .. .. ask me again in a few weeks when the whole contract/transfer/retained list situation is clearer.

As I wrote on another post, SOOOOO much is up for grabs .. owners, managers, new money, take-overs, suicides, murders ...... time will tell
  • edited April 2016
    Gudmundsson will be the first in contract player sold I would imagine
  • Sponsored links:

• Gudmundsson will be the first in contract player sold I would imagine

He'll get injured at the Euros and be out for 9 months.
  • Pigott could feature for us next season - he was well liked at Southend and proved he could score goals at League 1 level when given the service. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of other League 1 teams looking at him if his contract is up this year?
  • Whoever does go it will be for a lot less in league 1 than if we remained in the Championship, especially with the new premier league TV money swimming around next season and that is bad news for RD!

I am guessing that we may see the following moved on to help balance the books;

Henderson (Could have fetched around £1m if in Championship for an Intl keeper, lucky to get £500k in league 1)

Bauer (Again, probably looking at around £1m in Championship, lucky to get £750k in league 1)

Teixeira (Made a decent impact at Championship level so could have got around £750k at that level but more like £500k in league 1)

JBG (With a half decent Euro Championships behind him we could have asked for around £5m if still in Championship, would be lucky to get £3m tops in league 1 and that is at a push)

Cousins (In the Championship maybe £3m at a push but in league 1 would be looking at around £1m)

Lookman (In the Championship we could have asked for around £5m for a young forward with potential, would be lucky to get £3m tops in league 1)

Of course we will never know the true fees as all will be undisclosed and straight into Roly's pocket. He will asset strip the squad to the bare bones before selling up and heading back to Belgium, just like he did at SL!

• Is Lookman coming back on loan then ? Because that's the only way he will be with us next season.
  • edited April 2016
    I don't think Lookman is ready for a top side to be honest, one season in League One (like Chamberlain at Southampton) will do him a world of good... At the moment teams know he's dangerous and are marking him out of the game bar a handful of teams.

If he leaves for a top team he's going the same way as either Diego Poyet or Kasey Palmer (i.e. U21s and then who knows!!)
  • He's off to Arsenal
  • He's off to Arsenal

Is he?
  • Alou Diarra 2016 plus one year option;

What does this actually mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• Simonsen said:

Alou Diarra 2016 plus one year option;

Its like Callum Harriott... Doesnt it mean that if the club decide we can offer one more year to the player (Who knows its there so for 2016/17 their career is safe) who can then decide whether they too wish to take it up or not?
  • Simonsen said:

Its like Callum Harriott... Doesnt it mean that if the club decide we can offer one more year to the player (Who knows its there so for 2016/17 their career is safe) who can then decide whether they too wish to take it up or not?
    So, the same as any other contract that is about to expire?
  • Simonsen said:

Simonsen said:

Not really because I guess if Kennedy's Contract was to expire without the option, he has to sweat and wonder if an offer will come.

In terms of the Option I wonder if the club even have to decide to offer it... I wonder if Diarra / Harriott only have to walk up to Katrien and say: "I will take you up on that one year option" and it has to be honoured.
  • Simonsen said:

Simonsen said:

In terms of the Option I wonder if the club even have to decide to offer it... I wonder if Diarra / Harriott only have to walk up to Katrien and say: "I will take you up on that one year option" and it has to be honoured.
    Yes, that would make more sense (presumably at the same money?). PS: I hope that's the case and both players do exactly that.
  • Simonsen said:

Simonsen said:

Not really because I guess if Kennedy's Contract was to expire without the option, he has to sweat and wonder if an offer will come.

Yes...that would make more sense. I hope that's the case and both players do exactly as you've suggested.
  • Simonsen said:

Simonsen said:

Simonsen said:

Yes...that would make more sense. I hope that's the case and both players do exactly as you've suggested.
    Its probably no different to a Contract which has a trigger based on the number of Appearances.

The new Contract is honoured the moment the player activates it rather than the club (Although the club do have control over the appearances one; e.g. Rob Green at QPR / Jeffers with us and erm Yann Kermorgant)
  • It's not who should stay, but who will we be able to afford...with RD in control, revenue will be so low that almost all will be sold in the summer, or if we cannot off-load them for a fee, then loaned out prior to the end of August. RD will want to maximise transfer revenue to give him an option of selling the club, so don't expect anyone of value to be left...

I expect the following to be gone by the end of August -

Henderson
    Motta
    Suk-Young
    Bauer
    Teixeira
    Diarra
    Fanni
    Fox
    Kashi
    Cousins
    Gudmundsson
    Vetokele
    Lookman
    Bergdich
    Ba
    Sarr
    Ghoochenajhad
    Poyet
    Makienok
    Sanogo
    Watt
    Ceballos
    Tucadean

This will leave us with a squad of -

Pope
    Mitov
    Solly
    Charles-Cook
    Holmes-Dennis
    Lennon
    Johnson
    Jackson
    Muldoon
    Lapslie
    Harriot
    Hanlon
    Umerah
    KAG

plus a couple of free transfers and the younger youngsters.
  • Whoever does go it will be for a lot less in league 1 than if we remained in the Championship, especially with the new premier league TV money swimming around next season and that is bad news for RD!

I am guessing that we may see the following moved on to help balance the books;

Henderson (Could have fetched around £1m if in Championship for an Intl keeper, lucky to get £500k in league 1)

Bauer (Again, probably looking at around £1m in Championship, lucky to get £750k in league 1)

Teixeira (Made a decent impact at Championship level so could have got around £750k at that level but more like £500k in league 1)

JBG (With a half decent Euro Championships behind him we could have asked for around £5m if still in Championship, would be lucky to get £3m tops in league 1 and that is at a push)

Cousins (In the Championship maybe £3m at a push but in league 1 would be looking at around £1m)

Lookman (In the Championship we could have asked for around £5m for a young forward with potential, would be lucky to get £3m tops in league 1)

Of course we will never know the true fees as all will be undisclosed and straight into Roly's pocket. He will asset strip the squad to the bare bones before selling up and heading back to Belgium, just like he did at SL!

Thats a huge amount of money coming in presuming we sell them all, but we won't have anyone here that will be able to spend it wisely.
    Look what SCP was able to build from just the sale of Jenkinson. Although Riga doesn't have the worst transfer record I'd be worried at the proposition of him spending all that money when that kind of cash won't come about again in League 1.
  • Bauer and Tex would be a great pairing (shame we haven't had the chance to see this so far), however both were playing in the Europa League not long ago, so can't see them wanting to hang around to play in League 1!

Lennon & (unfortunately) Johnson is a more likely pairing next season
  • Bauer and Tex would be a great pairing (shame we haven't had the chance to see this so far), however both were playing in the Europa League not long ago, so can't see them wanting to hang around to play in League 1!

Lennon & (unfortunately) Johnson is a more likely pairing next season

Not if they want an increase in Season Tickets it wont