Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player of the Year Vote

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

wmcf123 said:

Leuth said:

If a player with the limitations Cousins has is POTY then that underlines our predicament beautifully.

Would have been Bauer but for his injury - Diarra, then

Can't believe I'm seeing a clamour for Fox. On your point about Cousins limitations , don't forget that Matt Holland won player of the year on just being a decent bloke
    Comparing Matty Holland to Jordan Cousin's just isn't a fair comparison.

Can you imagine the likes of JC & MF etc taking on Man Utd players such as Ronaldo etc?

Matt Holland was far better than fans give him credit for.
    Great guy, great ambassador. I enjoyed his performances when he spent a lot time playing on the right ahead of Kishishev to allow Jensen and Parker to play in the middle. Otherwise, he was underwhelming
  • PoTY works in different ways at different clubs. Cancellation is not a decision for CAFC to make - our PoTY is organised by the Fans Forum, not the club.

No-one denies that 2015/16 has been a disastrous season on and off the pitch, but PoTY has a long tradition in good years and in bad (been enough of them).

To give the event a miss this year might count against it being restored in future years.

Sometimes it's better to take the longer view - at present we are living under an army of occupation but they won't be here for ever and perhaps not even much longer. The current regime plainly has little regard for our history or traditions and that alone is all the more reason to continue supporting this long-standing and much respected fans' event.

Well said... Fair enough people might feel as though the Player of the Year event should be cancelled this year but if they have those feelings they can always stay away from voting - No one is forced to nominate a player...
  • wmcf123 said:

Leuth said:

If a player with the limitations Cousins has is POTY then that underlines our predicament beautifully.

Would have been Bauer but for his injury - Diarra, then

Can't believe I'm seeing a clamour for Fox. On your point about Cousins limitations , don't forget that Matt Holland won player of the year on just being a decent bloke
    Holland far better player than Cousins imo. Holland held his own and contributed in the Prem, scoring goals.

Debatable for me if Cousins can operate at that level

• Matt Holland was far better than fans give him credit for.

Great guy, great ambassador. I enjoyed his performances when he spent a lot time playing on the right ahead of Kishishev to allow Jensen and Parker to play in the middle. Otherwise, he was underwhelming

Don't think Parker & Holland played in the same team Graham Stewart played on right in front of Kishishev

• Matt Holland was far better than fans give him credit for.

Don't think Parker & Holland played in the same team Graham Stewart played on right in front of Kishishev

Parker and Holland played in the same team in 03/04. They started in the middle together , but then Jensen moved into the middle with Parker. Holland played on the right and Stuart on the left
  • Got to be Cousins, Diarra has not played enough unfortunately.
  • cancel the vote
  • Don't see how Fox can be POTY. He's finished the season strongly but certainly wasn't one of our better players before Christmas (and that's saying something).

Cousins has been the most consistent performer so probably has to get it on that basis although Diarra has been the best when on the pitch
  • Sponsored links:

• Cousins POTY
    Lookman YPOTY
  • Aston Villa not having a Player of the Year dinner this season
  • can anyone take my vote at the Bolton game?
  • ross1 said:

Aston Villa not having a Player of the Year dinner this season

I've just been reading about this,and I can't really blame them. They're also gonna make lots of staff redundant.....at the same time they are spending a shed load of money redesigning the clubs badge........unbelievable .
  • Lack of playing time didnt stop people from voting for Diego Poyet so no reason why Alou Diarra should be excempt

Diego was instrumental in our survival.

Diarra though brilliant at times hasn't been.
  • Has to be Cousins surely.
  • I very very rarely make it to the Valley .. so my single transferable vote goes to Cousins with an honourable mention for Solly and a long service award to John Jackson
  • 100% Cousins and well deserved in my opinion. Unfortunately I don't think it will mean much to him to be honest.
  • Diarra for me
  • Voting for the least shit player of the season... Great

Are we going to get the appellation inscribed on the trophy?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016

Valley11 said:

Seems to me this is a perfect opportunity to support the team not the regime. I know the options are few and far between but respect the tradition of the award and vote for the player most deserving based on performance or effort.

Personally don't think this is the channel for trying to send a message to Roland, not least because this award is part of the history and tradition of our club, not his club.

Good point, well made. Diarra.
    Indeed. And probably quite right all things being equal. But it would be hilarious if someone like Williams won it
    It would be hilarious for all of five minutes, then we'd have to live with knowing we voted a clown, led by a clown, as our Player of the Year. Rather abstain or spoil your paper than besmirch the history of our club.
  • can anyone take my vote at the Bolton game?

Defintely, lancs.

Just grab me....

• Cast my vote today for least shit player of the year,, then watched him be proper shit for 90 mins... Ho hum
  • edited April 2016
    A smile from the lovely @fannyfanackapan persuaded me to vote rather than spoil so I opted for diarra over cousins. Thanks goodness as JC was utter toilet today. Jean was struggling bless her.
  • I predict (after peeping at the sheet) that it will (deservedly) be Jordan Cousins by a very big margin.
  • seth plum said:

I predict (after peeping at the sheet) that it will (deservedly) be Jordan Cousins by a very big margin.

Yup, seems to be the way from what I saw
  • Alou for me
  • JC getting all the votes, coming a close second will be No-one, must be a new signing.