Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player of the Year Vote

Comments

• Jordan Cousins. Has been superb in the close season.
  • Think Diarra has been comfortably the best player when he's played, and without him results turned fast. It's hard to vote for him with so long out though.

Cousins is in a good patch right now, and I rate him, but he was close to Morgan Fox-level scapegoating a month or two ago for his passing (which is actually pretty good IMO) and general performance levels.

JBG still good but not as good as last year... But who has been as good as last year?

Think I've talked myself into 1. JBG, 2. Diarra, 3. Cousins

I can't think of anyone else who could really be up there? Pretty much every other outfield player has either been dropped after a stinking spell or out injured fairly long-term (or loaned out), except maybe Solly? He's had a tough season, but not been bad.

Really pleased for Pope of late, so he could be close... But over the season can't really consider him, surely?

Anyway, if you read all of this long, pointless ramble... I'm sorry.

This sums up exactly how I feel. I never like the idea of voting for players that have missed large portions of the season, so the options, for me, are very limited this year: Cousins, Solly, Fox (although I think he's had one or two spells out of the team) and JBG are all I can think of.

I don't particularly want to vote for JBG, but I do feel he's probably been our best player, on balance. The attacking threat (such as it's been) we've carried this year has been down to him. It doesn't bear thinking about how much worse this season would have been without him.
  • Vote Jordan Cousins to show how much we appreciate him.

Could be the fine line between him showing his loyalty to the club (We know he has bucket loads anyway) by staying when someone like Derby or Reading come calling for him in the summer!!

Yeah like remember how it worked for Diego poyet

I get the sentiment but I'm sceptical
    I know what you mean but to be honest Lawrie Wilson was always POTY for me that season.

Don't forget Diego also has a prick of a Dad who gave him superb advice!!
  • Lloyd Doyley.

Well, three wys, three els, two dees and two os in such a short name surely has to be worthy of some sort of recognition?
  • If a player with the limitations Cousins has is POTY then that underlines our predicament beautifully.

Would have been Bauer but for his injury - Diarra, then
  • Steven Kelly has done well for us at times.Shown great pace on the M25
  • edited April 2016
    Diara for me. Let's give him the trophy before he buggers off.
  • edited April 2016
    Diarra has been the best player whenever he has played
    Cousins commitment and effort to drive the team on has been immense at times
    Pope has improved to the point I think he is now our number 1

For me it's Diarra he has been our best player and had he played more games we might just have survived
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldnt surprise me if Diarra either retires or returns to France to play his final days at home.
  • I cannot believe people saying JBG. You cannot be serious. He's hardly bothered most of the season, verging on the "stealing a living". Whether it's because he felt let down by our lack of signings or not.

This X 100.

People have short memories it seems. Do we want this belligerent lazy bastard alongside names such as John Humphrey?!!
  • Whilst he has worked his nuts off, Cousins hasn't been as good as some are saying, without Diarra behind him, he at times looked uncomfortable, lacked skill and didn't make the right runs, passes and let's forget about 90% of his shots lol

Cousins it is.
  • Vote Jordan Cousins to show how much we appreciate him.

Could be the fine line between him showing his loyalty to the club (We know he has bucket loads anyway) by staying when someone like Derby or Reading come calling for him in the summer!!

Yeah like remember how it worked for Diego poyet

I get the sentiment but I'm sceptical
    I know what you mean but to be honest Lawrie Wilson was always POTY for me that season.

Don't forget Diego also has a prick of a Dad who gave him superb advice!!
    Lawrie got my vote that season.
  • Don't forget...

If everyone was to vote Rhys Williams (or another joke vote) as a way of protesting against the owners then thats fair enough... Yet one day these Belgians will sell the club and we will go back to the old days of having a Charlton we can all be proud of, but the problem will ALWAYS remain...

Rhys Williams will forever be on the list of Player of the Year winners which will forever be a clear reminder of this ownership which is surely best forgotten when they do finally go?

I'd view that as disrespect for the players, the award and the past winners.

Diarra, Texeira and Cousins for me.
  • Simonsen said:

Don't forget...

If everyone was to vote Rhys Williams (or another joke vote) as a way of protesting against the owners then thats fair enough... Yet one day these Belgians will sell the club and we will go back to the old days of having a Charlton we can all be proud of, but the problem will ALWAYS remain...

Rhys Williams will forever be on the list of Player of the Year winners which will forever be a clear reminder of this ownership which is surely best forgotten when they do finally go?

I'd view that as disrespect for the players, the award and the past winners.

Diarra, Texeira and Cousins for me.
    I'd view it as disrespect to the club more than anything... Don't forget that the club is more than the Belgian owners and the club will be around long after they and we're dead and buried (I hope so anyway!!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Tony Watt. Just for the corner flag thing. Was that this season...? Also sends a bit of a message...
  • HandG said:

In the face of a lot of adversity, I think Morgan Fox is improving every week and overall has ended up having a decent season and, having been involved the most (38 games), would get my vote.

Of the other contenders (imho), Cousins set high standards last season which he is only lately reaching in the last few games and Diarra has been injured too much

If Morgan kept his performances at the level he's playing now, he'd be a top Championship Left-Back and a top shout for Player of the Year (i.e. We've played against teams with a lot of top Right-Wingers recently and he's kept them all in his pocket).

Sadly Morgan's achilles heel is his confidence and his consistency.

As I always say though, we cant expect Morgan to be the best Left-Back in the World and that he will have days where he'll have an awful match, if he was the best, he wouldnt be playing for Charlton, he'd be at a much bigger club.
  • cafc-west said:

Tony Watt. Just for the corner flag thing. Was that this season...? Also sends a bit of a message...

That was last season (against Forest?)
  • You have to feel sorry for Diarra..real class act, world cup winner and a determined pro who gave always gave his best, reduced to ending his career in this circus. Far too good for us any time I saw him play, like one of those ex-pros playing in their 40s at local league level.

Hope he gets one more decent season somewhere else rather than have this season etched on his memory.

Least he kept his dignity by not chasing the money in China... (No disrespect to Jessie there)
  • No online voting, guys for several reasons.

We may not break even this year due to lack of support and to set up such costs money.

Ian would also add that votes have always been taken in person and there's no reason to change this tradition.

However, and I'll check with Ian & get back on here with his response, you may be able to email your vote to one of us if you won't be at The Valley for either the Derby or Brighton game.

Watch this space.
  • Has anyone from the opposition scored an own goal for us this season? If so, they should get the vote.