Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player of the Year Vote

Comments

• Diarra for me also, and I think he'll win the Statbank one as well.
  • Vote Jordan Cousins to show how much we appreciate him.

Could be the fine line between him showing his loyalty to the club (We know he has bucket loads anyway) by staying when someone like Derby or Reading come calling for him in the summer!!

Yeah like remember how it worked for Diego poyet

I get the sentiment but I'm sceptical
    I know what you mean but to be honest Lawrie Wilson was always POTY for me that season.

Don't forget Diego also has a prick of a Dad who gave him superb advice!!
    Lawrie got my vote that season.
    And mine
  • Should have been Wilson last year imo.

The event this year really should be cancelled though, all things considered.
  • Diarra will be getting my vote.
    A terrific player in a mostly awful team.
  • Again with JBG, he had already matched the tally from last season regarding him being directly involved with goals, sure instead of 10 goals 4 assists it's the other way around, but surely this just highlights how good a player he is.

Anyway, I'd love to see what stats he'd post up in a season if he "gave a shit"
  • Still JBG for me. To some extent he's been worked out by the opposition, no doubt when he signed up extended contract he expected to be challenging for promotion not being relegated, has played and played though up to concussion, always puts in a good shift, technically very good and provides a huge number of assists to a range of dubious strikers.

Cousins has improved a lot over the year and if I was rating on the last 5 games I saw him rather than the first 5 he may have stood a chance.

Diarra and Bauer have both been very good especially Diarra who is simply a fantastic footballer. It's been a privilege to watch him even in the twilight of his career and under the shite circumstances this season.

• Given his talent, JBG should be storming the POTY vote in this team, but the fact he probably won't win it speaks volumes about his lack of effort at times this season.
  • I'm voting Jacko... Missed his leadership when injured and one of the few who's gave his all all season. Not technically the best, but wears his heart on his sleeve... Proper Charlton
  • How JBG didn't win it last year was madness! But so sad to see he's a shadow of his former self this season!
  • Would vote for Diarra but he has not played enough games (poor sod) so Cousins for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

I'm voting Jacko... Missed his leadership when injured and one of the few who's gave his all all season. Not technically the best, but wears his heart on his sleeve... Proper Charlton

so for 3 games then :lol:
  • Cousins, Diarra and JBG in top 3. Which order they are in is anyone's guess.
  • Pope might be an option on current form ?
  • Jordan Cousins for me. The most improved and consistent first team player. Impressed when given the captain's armband.
  • Pope gets my vote. Would be a nice confidence booster for him before next season where he will don the number 1 shirt
  • Cousins (passion) or Diarra (ability) for me. Bauer, if he'd had a whole season, could have stormed it... but there's lots of what ifs, this season. JBG has lots of assists but no way has he shown enough guts to get this.
  • Leuth said:

If a player with the limitations Cousins has is POTY then that underlines our predicament beautifully.

Would have been Bauer but for his injury - Diarra, then

Can't believe I'm seeing a clamour for Fox. On your point about Cousins limitations , don't forget that Matt Holland won player of the year on just being a decent bloke
  • I do remember Holland taking on Ronaldo etc.

Kept his shorts clean and clapped the fans a lot, that's about it!
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree Villa showing Respect for the supporters

Relegation and player of the year is a slap in the face to many I would say!
  • After much consideration I am going for Cousins and one particular game stands out for me because it was quite recent and that was his beast like performance against Birmingham. He is is proper Charlton.
  • Diarra, Cousins, Harriott.
  • Diarra for me.
    A class above
  • All due respect to the organisers of POTY, but it just isn't appropriate this season, no matter who organises it. I also think whoever does win it will feel exceptionally awkward collecting his award knowing the shit that has been churned out by most of the players and the club. I totally make Villa right and if it's not too late, CAFC should follow their lead. Quickly.
  • it's between Cousins and Diarra for me. Lookman might do well too.

Although I reckon Kashi would have walked it but for his injury.