Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player of the Year Vote

Well, the end of this most unhappy season is finally in sight and the team is at last playing some decent football now it is all too late. If we could just start the whole thing again with the players now available......but no , we are where we are. Anyway whether we are top or bottom of the league, there is always a decision for you to make at this time of the year. Who do we vote as our Player of the Year ?

Fanny (alias Jean ) and I will be surrounding the ground with vote collectors before the Derby and Brighton matches to get your vote. Let us reward the player who has given the most for our club, and don't tell me there is nobody worthy of the prize because that is just not true. In my book there are three genuine contenders and as always it will be very interesting to figure out who the winner will be. The result will be announced at the POTY Dinner on Sunday 1st May and do you know what, there are still tickets available for this the Supporters Event of the Year, run by the fans for the fans (not customers ). Contact the ticket office if you want to join us.

Cast your vote on Saturday and if you would like to help with the vote collecting, please let me know. The more votes we can collect, the better.

Comments

• Cousins again for me.
  • Cousins? Harriott? Well has to be one of our own not a foreigner! Even though Gudmundsson has a good assists count
  • If it goes to anyone but Rhys Williams then the world has gone mad.

agreed, outstanding during his month with us.
  • Diarra or cousins but to be honest I'm going to spoil my ballot paper. It's just been too shit a year to be real.
  • I will vote for Rhys Williams to show my distaste with everything this regime has done on the transfer front, hard on Cousins etc though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Voting for the least shit player of the season... Great
  • Diarra...end of
  • Tony watt for me
  • Serge G.
  • I'd probably vote for Pope. He looked decent during his run at the start of the year, but seems to have improved drastically during his run in the team of late. If there were an award for "most improved" he'd get it by a mile. That one-handed catch and roll-out against Ipswich was the sign of a rapidly maturing goalkeeper.

If not, I'd give it to Diarra. Cousins has really improved of late, but much of that has been when he's paired with Diarra.
  • Can't make the dinner, but I will be voting. While most of this season has been awful, there have still been some moments worth remembering. Not sure who I will be voting for yet, as a lot of our best performers have not had anything like a full season for one reason or another. (OK, let's be honest apart from Nick Pope who was kept out by Hendo, it's because they've been injured...)
    For me, it's between Cousins and Diarra. Had he played more games, I'd think of JJ for his leadership and crucial goals that have kept us off 24th. I think Harriott's been impressive since he's been back, but not long enough in the side. Lookman's been a real breath of fresh air, but again, don't think he's had enough games to get POTY. Fox has had some good games, but he's also had a few terrible ones. JBG has not been as good this season - yes I know he's mustard on his day, unfortunately his day hasn't been Saturdays in SE7 this season. Big Mak has had a couple of good games and loads of terrible ones. I don't think its always his fault, but he's not POTY quality.
    Bauer and Tex both have good qualities, but neither has had a full season. Solly's been there most of the season, and played well, but not up to his usual standards; it seems a bit harsh to judge someone as good as CS against his own high standards, but he's been less consistent this year I feel. Hendo was great earlier in the season and I'm still nonplussed about his injury. If I was going to make any sort of statement about the muppets running the club, it would be to vote for Hendo after he was hung out to dry by the interim one. But this is POTY and I will end up going for one of our defensive midfielders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think Diarra has been comfortably the best player when he's played, and without him results turned fast. It's hard to vote for him with so long out though.

Cousins is in a good patch right now, and I rate him, but he was close to Morgan Fox-level scapegoating a month or two ago for his passing (which is actually pretty good IMO) and general performance levels.

JBG still good but not as good as last year... But who has been as good as last year?

Think I've talked myself into 1. JBG, 2. Diarra, 3. Cousins

I can't think of anyone else who could really be up there? Pretty much every other outfield player has either been dropped after a stinking spell or out injured fairly long-term (or loaned out), except maybe Solly? He's had a tough season, but not been bad.

Really pleased for Pope of late, so he could be close... But over the season can't really consider him, surely?

Anyway, if you read all of this long, pointless ramble... I'm sorry.
  • Seems to me this is a perfect opportunity to support the team not the regime. I know the options are few and far between but respect the tradition of the award and vote for the player most deserving based on performance or effort.

Personally don't think this is the channel for trying to send a message to Roland, not least because this award is part of the history and tradition of our club, not his club.

Good point, well made. Diarra.
  • Seems to me this is a perfect opportunity to support the team not the regime. I know the options are few and far between but respect the tradition of the award and vote for the player most deserving based on performance or effort.

Personally don't think this is the channel for trying to send a message to Roland, not least because this award is part of the history and tradition of our club, not his club.

Good point, very well made. Pleased to see some are taking it seriously. Out of respect for Jean and Ian, if nothing else, please use your votes wisely. Also remember a certain number of matches have to be played to make the list of contenders, so stupid suggestions like Rhys Williams won't count.
  • Can we not vote on line as we can't all get to the ground!
  • Tempted to vote pope as it could do him the world of good when he'll likely be No.1 next season.

Realistically it has to be Cousins/JBG for me as they have actually played all season and at their worst have been part of a collectively shit team imho
  • Lloyd Doyley.
  • Vote Jordan Cousins to show how much we appreciate him.

Could be the fine line between him showing his loyalty to the club (We know he has bucket loads anyway) by staying when someone like Derby or Reading come calling for him in the summer!!
  • Valley11 said:

Seems to me this is a perfect opportunity to support the team not the regime. I know the options are few and far between but respect the tradition of the award and vote for the player most deserving based on performance or effort.

Good point, well made. Diarra.
    Indeed. And probably quite right all things being equal. But it would be hilarious if someone like Williams won it
  • Vote Jordan Cousins to show how much we appreciate him.

Could be the fine line between him showing his loyalty to the club (We know he has bucket loads anyway) by staying when someone like Derby or Reading come calling for him in the summer!!

Yeah like remember how it worked for Diego poyet

I get the sentiment but I'm sceptical