Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ipswich v Charlton post-match views 2016

1235»

Comments

• edited April 2016
    sm said:

Fraeye was a woeful appointment.... But, personally I think Luzon is the worse of the two of them. Utterly inept managers to start the season. Riga is average and so has had better results but compare him to Warnock...

We bought in good players on loan/short term contracts, but, as I said at the time, they were not match fit and by the time they were it was too late.

A 0-0 draw away at Ipswich has not sent us down, it was the total incompetence that came beforehand. What a shame, a totally needless relegation.

*uck the regime. Sell up and get lost.

Admittedly it is all relative but I wouldn't want to see a manager like Warnock for whom results are everything and the style of football played counts for very little.
    For a relegation dogfight, results are everything

It'll be interesting where Colin goes next season, but the sound of things he's enjoyed himself and has been putting feelers out about the Villa job!
  • The annoying thing is if we keep this squad together next season I think we would go up , but you know half will leave.

I think you're being optimistic with only half.
  • Johnson will probably be ok in League One!

No, I don't think so. But after that he'll get another 18 month contract in League 2 - that's the way of our feckless owner/CEO.

No, I don't think so. But after that he'll get another 18 month contract in League 2 - that's the way of our feckless owner/CEO.
    So, contrary to popular opinion, our owner is planning for the future.

So, contrary to popular opinion, our owner is planning for the future.
    He will be thinking forward - how can I get him on the cheap?
  • edited April 2016

The annoying thing is if we keep this squad together next season I think we would go up , but you know half will leave.

This current crop wouldn't go up IMO. Couple too many ego's and not enough hard grit for the entire season. Also way too many injury prone players and it doesn't matter how good a player is for your promotion charge if he isn't playing in it.

League One is harder than when we got out of it last, also.
  • The annoying thing is if we keep this squad together next season I think we would go up , but you know half will leave.

This current crop wouldn't go up IMO. Couple too many ego's and not enough hard grit for the entire season. Also way too many injury prone players and it doesn't matter how good a player is for your promotion charge if he isn't playing in it.

I'm not sure you're right there at all.

Personally, I think the team that we have put out in the last couple of games would be very capable of achieving promotion. Can't see to many ego's either!

The million dollar question is, will they be here to have a go next season?
  • Sponsored links:

• No!

So, where do you claim your million dollars?
  • Essex_Al said:

The annoying thing is if we keep this squad together next season I think we would go up , but you know half will leave.

Personally, I think the team that we have put out in the last couple of games would be very capable of achieving promotion. Can't see to many ego's either!

The million dollar question is, will they be here to have a go next season?
    If it didn't get any injuries, it could be a play off contender - I agree - but even that team has poor midfield cover.
  • Any other season we would have been pleased with this result but sadly a win was required. At last Riga has got a competitive team together but it's all too late. Bloody heartbreaking.