Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ipswich v Charlton post-match views 2016

Too little, too late.

Sounds like we played well though, so there's that.

Comments

• edited April 2016
    Anyone know what diarra's injury is?
  • Assumed we were down anyway. Sounds like they had a good go though.
  • Wouldn't have scored if we played another ninety minutes!
  • A nil nil draw against Ipswich back in October would have been a point gained, a hard earned draw. Sadly, it's not enough now but the damage was done earlier in the season
  • Sponsored links:

• Devastated. Thought after Saturday that a point here would be OK. Couldn't have asked for worse results around us. Win on Saturday and there's a slight chance but feel like it's too late now.
  • Anyone know what diarra's injury is?

He's playing with an injured foot. I assume they are jabbing him up.
  • Really good result but as others have said - too little, too late.

Even more reason to hate the regimé.
  • CafcSteve said:

Wouldn't have scored if we played another ninety minutes!

Oh, I only heard the commentary and followed the match thread, I thought there were several chances which were either good saves or narrowly wide.

What I heard was we played a good game against solid opposition away and had probably the better of it but just couldn't quite score.

Happy to be corrected by those present.

Also sounded like every player put themselves properly into it.

Very disappointed about Diarra. He is total quality.

Bauer coming back (and Lennon) can help but to lose Diarra and possibly JBG is bad news for me.
  • Very disappointing that we're in this mess - could so easily have been avoided. God knows how many points will be needed to avoid relegation this season.....
    Will need a miracle to catch Fulham, Rotherham or Bristol City...
  • Really good result but as others have said - too little, too late.

Even more reason to hate the regimé.

Are you using a French keyboard? I would have to try to get the e accent character.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tutt-Tutt said:

Broken, actually, I think?

• Listened on player. Have basically known we're going down for a month or two but still gutting when it sounds like we played well. The effect of bringing in a marginally experienced manager and a couple of extra championship-level players just shows how little effort or commitment from RD and the board would have been necessary to keep us up...
  • I am afraid Diarra may not play again this season. I think we have an extension option for next but what a loss he would be.

He's different gravy.
  • Lady fat singing is.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Broken, actually, I think?

I doubt if he is able to play on a broken foot, even with jabs, unless it's a toe. The foot wouldn't be able to support his body weight without extra support.
  • Oakster said:

Fraeye did have a significantlyinferior squad available to him to be fair - even though I 100% agree he was an absolute waste of space.

Riga has the likes of Texeira, Fanni, Motta, Suk-Young, Sanogo & fit again Diarra & Vetokele.

Fraeye was bumbling along with Sarr, Lennon, Holmes-Dennis, Vaz Te, Charles-Cook & Reza.

Other than Teixeira they're all loans that have come in... Fraeye could have used the loan market
  • Oh bloody hell Yaya Diarra. If only you could stay injury free.
  • Lady fat singing is.

Thanks Yoda.