Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ipswich v Charlton post-match views 2016

Comments

• RobRob
    edited April 2016
    It has all been said. Too little, too late. The galling thing is that we are now playing well and they don't deserve to be where they are. However, the other team(s) did. Thank you RD, KM, Luzon and especially Mr Smoothy Fraeye.
  • Not relegated yet, can still see us picking up 3 or 4 more wins if we can put that commitment in till the end of the last game of the season.

An unlucky night, sounds like there was some poor decision making up top.

Rotherham result bummed us a touch.
  • Sounds like we gave it a really good crack.

Agree staying up is looking less and less likely by the week, It's not in our hands anymore as we will need results to go our way each and every week as well as winning ourselves.

But you never know, we thump QPR Saturday and MK Dons beat Rotherham makes it Rotherham 43, MK 40 us 39.

Following week NF turn over Rotherham and Preston beat MK then all of a sudden...........

Then again that'll all probably happen but we won't get 6 points from QPR and Derby....
  • cabbles said:

I hate to sound like an absolute miserable bastard but I have accepted relegation as the sum total of our efforts under this regime for a long time now. 2 years of incompetence, lies, mismanagement and arrogance catches up with you. Roland you are now staring the fruits of your work in the face. It's what you deserve.

It's not what we deserve and some of you who I respect greatly still had hope. I haven't been celebrating goals or wins for a long time now. The wins against Boro and Brum were token gestures for me. Why should I accept that we cobble together a few results in the last 10 games to put up with having my love and faith for this club crushed and stamped on by the mismanagement and incomptence of our fool of a leader and his toy box of fools doing his day to day bidding.

And now we will see Roland's clueless backlash - there has been and there will be no planning for League One. We will not do a Wigan. They like us, went down last year in a mess. They've gone back to basics and should go back up. Roland will leave the league one burden on yet more youth players. Riga will have less to work with. More support staff will probably get axed as Roland looks to cut his spending even more, yet we will have to put up with paying wages to Nabby Sarr for another 4 years.

So many mistakes, absolutely no accountability and they won't be held to justice. They've just set this club back years. Another club Roland has infected, his cancer destroying years of hard work.

I got annoyed on Saturday because at the end of the game the chap who sits in front of me pointed to my Roland out badge as if to say 'why are you wearing it'. I respect him, he's a nice guy, but you cannot hide from the facts. Roland has done FAILURE. There are no excuses. Time to go

Post of the season?
  • Sponsored links:

• As others have said, it's gutting to have been the better team away at a solid Ipswich, earn a decent draw and it be 'pointless'.

If KF went two/three weeks earlier, we may be in a better position. But it's all in hindsight.

Diarra has been playing through the pain barrier as it is. Goes back to us having such a paper thin squad, which cannot cope with injuries.

Hopefully the players can now relax, and play football with no pressure. We are down regardless. The experiment is going great though isn't Roland? Absolute bell....
  • Had we won last night I might have started to believe...

Unfortunately we couldn't manage it and other results didn't go out way...
  • a decent point in any other circumstances but...

Karel - the bell was ringing for you and now it's tolling for us - thanks a lot
  • Played really well and was the better team. Diara was awesome sitting deep and winning the 2 balls which seemed to unsettle Ipswich as that is what there game seems to be based around.

If we had not dicked about with Karel for so long i think Riga may have kept us up.
  • also big mick's comments are telling...

"It was a difficult game with neither side doing enough to win it. Both had chances and why they are in the bottom three, heaven only knows.

"They are a pretty tight unit and we weren't good enough to break that down.

"It did neither of us any favours - us trying to get into the play-offs and them out of the bottom three.

"We will try and win our next game and win as many as we can and see where that takes us.

But we are now in a must-win situation - there is no getting away from that."

• If we kept the majority of team together we should walk next season but we all know the Rat will sell everyone he can and cash out.

• Very disappointing that we're in this mess - could so easily have been avoided. God knows how many points will be needed to avoid relegation this season.....
    Will need a miracle to catch Fulham, Rotherham or Bristol City...

the positive is that you have quoted three teams - not inconceivable one of them goes on a bad run. However, I think we need to chase 51 points for certain safety rather than a particular team though - which means 5 wins out of 6 - 4 wins and a draw if one of the three have a poor run. It is looking hard isn't it? Especially if Diarra is significantly injured.
  • On Sky Sports last night just before kick off they discussed our chances of survival and one of the ex WetSpam players, Tony Cottee?, stated that we had seen us a few times this season an we were poor plus the fans were in revolt, making it sound as if the fans are to blame for our current plight.
  • Sponsored links:

• On Sky Sports last night just before kick off they discussed our chances of survival and one of the ex WetSpam players, Tony Cottee?, stated that we had seen us a few times this season an we were poor plus the fans were in revolt, making it sound as if the fans are to blame for our current plight.

I just stop listening to Tony Cottee... Bloke constantly moans that he's got an awful game when he's on the Soccer Special
  • Just spoken to a colleague who supports Ipswich and went last night. He said we deserved the three points and were much better than them, but our final ball and composure in front of goal was lacking.
  • Oakster said:

If we somehow duplicate our unusual form from the last 6 games into the next 6 games we would end on 47 points.

If every team carried their last 6 games form into the next 6 games the table would end up:

Rotherham 57
    Blackburn 52
    Fulham 52
    Bristol City 51
    Huddersfield 51
    Forest 50
    ————————
    Charlton 47
    MK Dons 42
    Bolton 27

You would think that both Huddersfield & Forest who are on very poor runs - will snap out of it as they get dragged further down.

Rotherham are the form team at the moment.

One problem we have is we don't have any "six pointer" games left against relegation rivals.

Thanks Oakster. This shows the sheer folly of not getting a proper manager with Championship-experience when they sacked Luzon. At the time they appointed Fraeye, it was a move so ridiculous that it felt at the time like the vindictive regime was doing it just to punish the fans for having the temerity to be unhappy. Now it' backfired on them, and will cost them badly. Whoever it was who appointed Fraeye should be sacked for their incompetence.
  • We were fielding teams that we knew would be beat before the game - when the window is open it is inexcusable. When we did bring players in, it was instantly clear from the fans reaction that they were the wrong players - probably because the club had lost it's scouting capacity. This is what cost us. But we are not down until we are down.
  • The annoying thing is if we keep this squad together next season I think we would go up , but you know half will leave.

Yes, Riga has shown that given a few weeks he can build a decent team. Sadly he had to do his building during the season, hence some poor results while the new players were getting fit, but given a summer I have a lot more confidence that he can build a solid base for L1
  • We might need to win everything. But gave it everything last night.
  • The annoying thing is if we keep this squad together next season I think we would go up , but you know half will leave.

Yes, Riga has shown that given a few weeks he can build a decent team. Sadly he had to do his building during the season, hence some poor results while the new players were getting fit, but given a summer I have a lot more confidence that he can build a solid base for L1
    Depends if Riga is still here.
  • If/ when we go down , Roly being Roly, he will sack Riga and make him the scapegoat for the relegation. That, and the fans.