Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ipswich v Charlton post-match views 2016

Comments

• Before I take my painkiller meds, overall I thought that sounded like a great effort from the whole team away to a good side, we made them look ordinary.

Well done to all the players, and to Riga.

The sort of performance we want from the team. Much better than I expected.

Gutted we didn't squeeze what would have been an amazing but deserved win.

• vffvff
    edited April 2016
    A good performance by the sound of it but in terms of the time of the season not quite enough. If only you could stop the other teams picking up points. The Karel Fraeye appointment is proving to be the thing that broke the season alongside the lack of depth at the start. The mediocre January window didn't help either. It is a pity that the team is finally start to look decent right at the end.
  • Oakster said:

Fraeye did have a significantlyinferior squad available to him to be fair - even though I 100% agree he was an absolute waste of space.

Riga has the likes of Texeira, Fanni, Motta, Suk-Young, Sanogo & fit again Diarra & Vetokele.

Fraeye was bumbling along with Sarr, Lennon, Holmes-Dennis, Vaz Te, Charles-Cook & Reza.

Other than Teixeira they're all loans that have come in... Fraeye could have used the loan market
    Too scared to ask Roly whereas Riga doesnt give a shit.
  • mogodon said:

Missed It said:

I hate Karel Fraeye more and more as every game goes by.

Hate the ones who employed him in the 1st place more
    I think that this is a key question which should be asked and asked again until we have an answer. Who actually employed Fraeye - and lied about him being interim - and then let him stay for almost a quarter of the season when he was clearly not up to it. That's much of the reason we are in the shit and we should demand an answer. Not that we will get one but ...
    I think it was very much a 100% Roland decision and the CEO had no say in it.
  • Whilst I agree the hope is what hurts I am looking at Huddersfield as the surprise team to fall - stranger things but will hold onto that until Saturday!
  • Six games ... if the four sides above us only win one each we still need ten points (allowing for the dire goal difference). Draws, however well we play and hard we battle, aren't good enough any more.

I Know QPR are in the same boat, but I wonder whether we have the fitness and stamina for a third game in eight days. When your backs are against the wall, and have been for months, it takes a toll.
  • English lessons for Roly, #1:

False economy
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A false economy is an action that saves money at the beginning but which, over a longer period of time, results in more money being spent or wasted than being saved.

False economy redefined for CAFC:

Using Katrien Meire as CEO of a complex organisation and Tony Keohone as COO, Karel Fraeye as permanent interim manager are the worst short term examples I can recall so far. There must be others.

For instance the loss to the club of @Airman Brown , Phil Chapple, more recently Mel Baroni are also exceptionally poor decisions.

There must be so many more.

Well done Roland, poor decisions will cost you, both cash and credibility. The longer you stay as owner, the more you will lose of both.
  • Sponsored links:

• On the train home. Had to sit amongst some friends in the Ipswich end which was painful... although some of the comments around me were amusing, 'we should be looking to buy that no. 37 when they go down'... of course you will...

Lookman and Callum were standout players again. Sanogo was awful - couldnt hold the ball up, touch was poor, and considering he has a lot of making up to do after that red card, he did nowhere near enough.

Oh and Fox's crossing was completely abhorrent, though I couldnt get too vociferous about it in the home end...

But if you were a neutral tonight you would have thought Ipswich were the side in the bottom three and us in the top half, which is probably the most succinct way of summarising it.
  • Feels like the final nail in the coffin this evening - the miracle is not going to happen.
  • edited April 2016

Really good result but as others have said - too little, too late.

Even more reason to hate the regimé.

Are you using a French keyboard? I would have to try to get the e accent character.
    I think he meant "régime" but we can hate the regimé, too. To get the é on Windows it's Alt 130 on the numeric keypad (never tried the numbers along the top), on a Mac it's Alt e then e again (similarly, Alt e then a gives á and so on).

Edited to show the Alts.
  • Very clear now that the determination to choose unqualified manager/coach/interim again and again, because the owner wanted someone to push around, so he went with those greatful to be in this league and weak with no experience, has totally cost us our Championship status.

The owners choices along with Mieres, have sent us down. No two ways about it. But we all know this anyway.
  • Really good result but as others have said - too little, too late.

Even more reason to hate the regimé.

Are you using a French keyboard? I would have to try to get the e accent character.
    I think he meant "régime" but we can hate the regimé, too. To get the é on Windows it's 130 on the numeric keypad (never tried the numbers along the top), on a Mac it's e then e again (similarly, e then a gives á and so on).
    If you have a keyboard with an "AltGr" key then that and the letter e will give you é.
  • cabbles said:

I hate to sound like an absolute miserable bastard but I have accepted relegation as the sum total of our efforts under this regime for a long time now. 2 years of incompetence, lies, mismanagement and arrogance catches up with you. Roland you are now staring the fruits of your work in the face. It's what you deserve.

It's not what we deserve and some of you who I respect greatly still had hope. I haven't been celebrating goals or wins for a long time now. The wins against Boro and Brum were token gestures for me. Why should I accept that we cobble together a few results in the last 10 games to put up with having my love and faith for this club crushed and stamped on by the mismanagement and incomptence of our fool of a leader and his toy box of fools doing his day to day bidding.

And now we will see Roland's clueless backlash - there has been and there will be no planning for League One. We will not do a Wigan. They like us, went down last year in a mess. They've gone back to basics and should go back up. Roland will leave the league one burden on yet more youth players. Riga will have less to work with. More support staff will probably get axed as Roland looks to cut his spending even more, yet we will have to put up with paying wages to Nabby Sarr for another 4 years.

So many mistakes, absolutely no accountability and they won't be held to justice. They've just set this club back years. Another club Roland has infected, his cancer destroying years of hard work.

I got annoyed on Saturday because at the end of the game the chap who sits in front of me pointed to my Roland out badge as if to say 'why are you wearing it'. I respect him, he's a nice guy, but you cannot hide from the facts. Roland has done FAILURE. There are no excuses. Time to go

The shame of it is, though, it's not what we deserve.
  • I hope JBG is OK. He is quality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ordinarily I'd be happy with a draw at Portman Road, but we needed a win really as we are running out of games. Bristol/Rotherham was probably the best result we could have hoped for and 3 points would have put us above MKD and 5 behind Rotherham. We seem to slip up when others around us slip up, and win when they win, which isn't helping unfortunately.

I've been resigned to Relegation since the MK Dons game, so anything is a bonus. I'm glad the team are giving it a go though, there's more fight in them now it seems than at any other time this season.
  • Valley11 said:

I would definitely keep Riga for next season. Partly because he seems a decent manager who the players respond to, partly because it'll mean SOME continuity - and partly because I fucking dread to think who they'll appoint if Jose goes.
    Marc Wilmots?
    Mark Ronson?
    Mark Wahlberg?

No-Mark
  • Have accepted we are down for weeks.

Roland + Meire / Fraeye = failure.

I wouldn't put is past Roland to blame this on those who told him to get Riga in and dump the bloke from Ujpest on us next season.

Can you imagine how bad that will be?

In usual circumstances this would be a decent point. Thanks to the Dear Leader and his cohorts its irrelevant.
  • edited April 2016

Valley11 said:

I would definitely keep Riga for next season. Partly because he seems a decent manager who the players respond to, partly because it'll mean SOME continuity - and partly because I fucking dread to think who they'll appoint if Jose goes.
    Marc Wilmots?
    Mark Ronson?
    Mark Wahlberg?

No-Mark
    'We couldn't get our first choice Marc, but we carry out extensive interview process, huh, and although we couldn't get our second Mark (Ronson), we get our third, huh. He also likes to be called Diggler.'
  • Just got home. We were the better team overall but agree that I couldn't see us scoring as the game went on. Good going forward but final ball every time and poor decision making cost us the three points. That and Sanogo was fucking shit.
  • Lady fat singing is.

Venue bird.

• If we somehow duplicate our unusual form from the last 6 games into the next 6 games we would end on 47 points.

If every team carried their last 6 games form into the next 6 games the table would end up:

Rotherham 57
    Blackburn 52
    Fulham 52
    Bristol City 51
    Huddersfield 51
    Forest 50
    ————————
    Charlton 47
    MK Dons 42
    Bolton 27

You would think that both Huddersfield & Forest who are on very poor runs - will snap out of it as they get dragged further down.

Rotherham are the form team at the moment.

One problem we have is we don't have any "six pointer" games left against relegation rivals.