Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is Card dealing from the right deck?

Comments

• This thread could go on forever & ever if we ALL justify the purpose of CARD to the 2% !!
  • edited April 2016
    ^^^^ terrific interview with Varney .... BUT .. where were these interested investors when Duchatelet bought the club .. are they now hoping to get their hands on CAFC in a fire sale situation if R D decides enough is enough and runs for the hills ?
  • stonemuse said:

Not even a good try ...must try harder.

I think he's trying way too hard myself...
  • Mrkinski said:

Maybe I'm a little cynical, but there is a rash of anti-Card posts at the moment. I suppose club employees don't have much to do at the moment.

Seems that way doesn't it. £20,000+ donated to the protest fund says to me that most are right behind CARD.

The suggestion that RD well stay longer out of stubborness is nonsense. He was forced out of Standard Liege by aggressive protests, we can force him out the same way. Furthermore, his stupid experiment must be costing him a fortune - not just the costs that CARD are causing him to incur, but the self-inflicted wounds from giving away good players and shelling out big money on rubbish, from driving out thousands of "customers" who chose to stop coming rather than stick around and protest. Will be even more expensive next year in an empty stadium with no tv or sponsorship money.
  • edited April 2016
    I think CARD have been terrifically well organised and are doing a great job of raising awareness of a problem.

But as I've said before; it isn't clear in its aims. Obviously we all understand the problems at Charlton, but the usual mantra spelt out is "We want our Charlton back" which means nothing to anyone. Why can't we have big signs up highlighting the actual flaws; something that points out that we sold Kermorgant, Morrison and Stephens and brought in creap Eurotrash to replace them, something that tells people that we hired a manager from Belgium's third tier, something that tells people that Roland will always hire unqualified managers from other clubs, something that explains how the club lies about managerial searches, only have someone set up.

I feel a real stumbling block is that people not concerned with Charlton don't know what the problems are. "We want our Charlton back" means absolutely nothing to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

You can't tell anyone how to spend their money. If you have 40m please buy us out.

Buy 'us' out?

So, which of the 'us' are you?

Is 40m the price you are now looking for?

:wink:
    stonemuse good spot.
  • Ok here we go.

Card's mandate was to ensure a 'swift resolution' to the problems with the board and fans. Or at least that what was on the bumf I read. So card got it wrong.
    Problems with fans? So giving the majority a entity to adopt to show their anger etc is failure then?

Replace Roland with who?
    Any businessman/group of people who can further us as a club - but most importantly admire and at least consider the history of Charlton Athletic FC and its fans (not customers!). Someone who is willing to listen to fans, and ask what THEY want and what THEY think could and should be done (not necessarily acting upon it but at the minimum considering the fans when deciding!

Replace Katrien with who.
    An experienced CEO in ANY business would be a start , let alone one who knows The business of football , or even someone who understands Charlton ands its fans!
    Someone who is willing to listen to EVERY party involved in Charlton and not just the person who pays him/her! Someone who is willing to learn from mistakes others have made but also mistakes he/she has made!

There are other fans at this club as well. There are fans that care just as much about CAFC than those that throw plastic balls about. They need convincing that an action group is not a wrecking crew.
    Of course there are , but when and where has CARD and its folk tried to wreck? It's about giving Charlton fans a voice AT CHARLTON! Of course there are fans out there who question CARD et all but surely those of them who go to home games have to question why at least 80% of fans are chanting "we want Roland out" and throwing stuff - so why aren't they?!

There are alternatives to fighting
    Agreed , but both CAST & CARD have both tried to have amenable and constructive communication with the club but that has not been successful- so fighting it/them is the last option and the one we have been forced to choose

The egos on this board demonstrate that reasoned debate is difficult.
    So anyone who disagrees with you has an ego? Maybe it's because the vocal posters in this forum/board have had enough of being walked over by an owner who is adamant the hard work put in by the fans and previous owners is nothing but rubbish and not going to effect him... Why is he so quick to rubbish the history of the club when the fans are what make up a bloody large proportion of it?

The club was relegated to the old third division before and none of this abuse was experienced against the board - why? Maybe some of the fans liked being mates with the board at that time.
    Should relegation occur this season , and let's not ignore the fact that it's still inevitable at the moment , it has been the most avoidable relegation in this clubs (and potentially in the English football league) history! Of course relegation to league one has occurred many times but that's been through mismanaging the finances or lack of said finances and just crap football! Today we are owned by a man who's wealth totals almost half a billion pounds- so does spending little or no money on experienced and talented footballers who have been properly scouted sound fair? Compare that to spending a few million of players like Naby Sarr who hasn't had a look in for a good few months , as well as spending £12 million to gain a premier league standard training ground/academy yet neglecting the first team! Maybe fans do like being 'mates' with board members but that's probably because they were listened to and appreciated (the fans that is). There was no animosity because directors and board members didn't brand its patrons as customers nor did they anger and upset them and even call their love for a club "weird" {...}

Card does not go on other forums and promote themselves - why?
    No idea why , you'll have to ask who ever posts as CARD on here , however I agree that they should promote themselves on ALL cafc forums!

You can't tell anyone how to spend their money. If you have 40m please buy us out.
    True, but you CAN ask! After all why should they buy a season ticket? Fans are not obliged to just be aside they are supporters

If your want to support the club you have to be in Card - how so? Illogical and irrational.
    That's never once been said! But again , surely those who don't support any protests whether from CARD or not , have to ask why a considerably amount of people are subscribing to CARDs ideas but they're not...!

How was Card formed? Is Card actually Cast!
    Why does it matter how it was formed? From information I've seen, it was Charlton fans saw many other Charlton fans disgusted with how the club is and was being run and decided to do something about it. Why is that a negative?

You take the club as you find it. If you don't like it don't go. Season ticket boycotts (really) the club know they same faces will go.

We have been in worse positions.

We 'find' ourself second from bottom of a league we worked hard to get back into , as well as having mass anger and upset at a ownership that doesn't even visit the valley and their 'customers' in person for a match!
    By saying "if you don't like it , don't go" - isn't that you telling people how to spend their money? Something you have painted as negative if CARD do it! If the club think they're going to get similar season ticket numbers to those when we were last in league one then they're seriously misguided! Says a lot that under 1,000 season tickets new and renewing have been sold so far!

• ^^^^ terrific interview with Varney .... BUT .. where were these interested investors when Duchatelet bought the club .. are they now hoping to get their hands on CAFC in a fire sale situation if R D decides enough is enough and runs for the hills ?

There was other interested parties at the time. The spivs wanted a quick sale.
  • Belgium bun you are a tosser.

I'm all for debates but your just not very good at expressing a point of view to where people might think....oh....OK.

You come across as desperate and you don't know what your talking about.

• stonemuse said:

Buy 'us' out?

So, which of the 'us' are you?

Is 40m the price you are now looking for?

:wink:
    I didn't notice that. They've outed themselves in their own post!
  • I'm not sure whether Belgiam is saying he's unhappy with Roland as owner, or unhappy with the way Card are going about trying to get him out. Which is it, Bun?
  • Belgiumbun - if CARD are getting it so wrong, please suggest an alternative...?

As I say to people at work, it's so easy to moan about what's in front of you but much harder to offer solutions...

From your post, I think you're with the rest of us, in that you're not happy with the way the club is being run (let's be honest how could anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence be happy with that) therefore, CARD are taking action, you have every right to disagree with their actions, however, rather than just pulling their actions apart, come up with an alternative...? What's your ideas and suggestions...? Come on Belgiumbun inspire us....????
  • Sponsored links:

• ^^^^ terrific interview with Varney .... BUT .. where were these interested investors when Duchatelet bought the club .. are they now hoping to get their hands on CAFC in a fire sale situation if R D decides enough is enough and runs for the hills ?

Varney's investors wanted to buy the club in August. It wasn't a fire-sale situation then. The fact it took Duchatelet until January to frame a substantive response was down to him and his hopeless chief exec's procrastination, no doubt encouraged by Richard Murray. As to where they were in 2013, who knows, but if they buy another club they won't be around after that either. It doesn't mean they aren't interested now. It's RD who has trashed the value over the last six months, no one else.
    I think the OP is looking for attention but I do appreciate two points that are probably relevant. Some of the fans that sit near me are fed up with the protests and believe that they are being organised by individuals have have a hidden agenda. One of these agenda's mentioned is jobs at the club by the new owners if they ensure a good price on purchase.

It doesn't matter if this is true or not, like many things, it only has to be believed.

The other point, that is related, is that if CARD are seen to be aiming to force the owner to sell at a significant loss it seems very unsavoury. If Roland doesn't want to sell and the potential new owners are determined to shaft him (and I'm not suggesting that they are and I have reason to believe this is not the case) it does leave CARD open to a lot of criticism.

If your neighbour offered to buy your house for less than it's value and then made your like unbearable until you sold it to him I'm sure we would find that unacceptable.

As I say I'm not suggesting that CARD are doing this and I'm, certainly, not looking for attention or an argument, I'm just pointing out that there is not 100% support for CARD and I'm not sure if they are still winning the PR battle with the club.