Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is Card dealing from the right deck?

That's it I said it.

I am not here for a row. I welcome and will respond to reasoned debate on this but really can't see how further protest can help CAFC.

The Card campaign is flawed. It won't win. Roland will leave when he wants to, and no beach/stress balls, Pinocchio masks or walk outs will make the slightest difference. The trenches on either side have been dug and instead of the swift resolution that Card thought it would achieve, as far as I can see this campaign has now become a stand off between an egotistical owner protecting his CEO, and a well meaning but ultimately misguided fan base. The current form of protests in my view , simply reinforce the stubborn es in the regime to stay longer. Your not dealing here with a normal owner - but a politician, and like any politician, Roland has it in his head that the electorate knows shit and should be protected from themselves. Card are just playing into his that psychosis. In fact , Card seem now to suffer from the same problem that Roland has - engaging with the fans. nobody seem to know what will be happening from one week to the other, but a favoured and self important few. Card had the chance to make the TV world sit up and take notice, and they bottled it. Now the protest seem tiresome, repetitive,and completely without direction. It also does not reach out to the majority of fans. It excludes them and appears self righteous. Before winning over Roland surely Card should be winning over the majority of cafc fans. As much as Card won't want to hear it, most of the fans that sit by me, find the protest irritating and self serving.

I honestly do not know what Card want. And how they seriously expect to make CAFC a better club. It's never really been properly explained.

I read these boards regularly and have done for years. It seems to me that there is a repeating 'same faces' political element that want to exercise some sort of fan power. Why? I don't want anyone speaking for me. Particularly as they seem to be the same people wearing different hats. At least they should have the courtesy to ask my opinion because in the past many of those fans have got it fantastically wrong.

We were told by on these boards that the previous regime under Jimenez and Slater were heading us off into administration. Yet they got us out of a massive hole and improved this club no end . Funnily enough they also refused to enter an 'engagement' with the fans and got dogs abuse on here. And what happened? They sell us to this lot? Be careful what you wish for?

I also sat through the Curbs abuse. He can't take us to the next level they said, we need new management they said. And what happened? again be careful what you wish for.

We were told Murray was a great guy. Of course he was not. Although he did give some of the fans a biscuit or two in the boardroom which kept him on their side - that is of course why he was kept out of the firing line for so long. Now it has dawned on so many of you that he was in it for his cash and your former favourite has been dropped like a bad smell.

We are stuck with this regime. We can't tell Roland how to spend his money nor can we replace Katiren. The abuse that woman keeps getting ensures her future. It's obvious that she is out of her depth but what is the alternative? Roland will not buckle and as I see it Katrien has bigger balls than the fans that despise her so much.

What we should be doing is supporting the team. Because I now wonder if Card really are about their own glory and not the glory of CAFC. It's time for CARD to put up or shut up. Show us that you can change this club for the better and have viable workable alternatives. If not, leave the protests to after the game.

Comments

• Jesus H Christ
  • Cheers Roland;)
  • Hmmmmm... shall I get the popcorn?
  • Barnsley just about to lift the JPT. That'll be our aspiration for next season under this regime. That's why we have to keep going.
  • Yeah let's sit on our hands doing nothing and hope Roly poly changes tack - which he won't of course. And yes let's keep giving him our money too. Is that the sound of water dripping into this sinking ship I hear? I'll just sit here and wait for someone to rescue me.
  • NugNug
    edited April 2016

Barnsley just about to lift the JPT. That'll be our aspiration for next season under this regime. That's why we have to keep going.

Not sure they have any aspirations linked to football success this lot.
  • "Card are just playing into his psychosis". Please don't make me get on my mental health soapbox again.......
  • Nug said:

Barnsley just about to lift the JPT. That'll be our aspiration for next season under this regime. That's why we have to keep going.

Not sure they have any aspirations linked to football success this lot.
    No, but they'd be after the gate receipts!
  • Sponsored links:

• Everyone is entitled to their opinion but should we just all sit back and applaud everything this toxic regime have and are doing to this club. They don't give a toss about the club, history or fans, they've made that very clear. So, we should do nothing? If that was the mindset before, we would never have set foot in the Valley again
  • That's it I said it.

I am not here for a row. I welcome and will respond to reasoned debate on this but really can't see how further protest can help CAFC.

The Card campaign is flawed. It won't win. Roland will leave when he wants to, and no beach/stress balls, Pinocchio masks or walk outs will make the slightest difference. The trenches on either side have been dug and instead of the swift resolution that Card thought it would achieve, as far as I can see this campaign has now become a stand off between an egotistical owner protecting his CEO, and a well meaning but ultimately misguided fan base. The current form of protests in my view , simply reinforce the stubborn es in the regime to stay longer. Your not dealing here with a normal owner - but a politician, and like any politician, Roland has it in his head that the electorate knows shit and should be protected from themselves. Card are just playing into his that psychosis. In fact , Card seem now to suffer from the same problem that Roland has - engaging with the fans. nobody seem to know what will be happening from one week to the other, but a favoured and self important few. Card had the chance to make the TV world sit up and take notice, and they bottled it. Now the protest seem tiresome, repetitive,and completely without direction. It also does not reach out to the majority of fans. It excludes them and appears self righteous. Before winning over Roland surely Card should be winning over the majority of cafc fans. As much as Card won't want to hear it, most of the fans that sit by me, find the protest irritating and self serving.

I honestly do not know what Card want. And how they seriously expect to make CAFC a better club. It's never really been properly explained.

I read these boards regularly and have done for years. It seems to me that there is a repeating 'same faces' political element that want to exercise some sort of fan power. Why? I don't want anyone speaking for me. Particularly as they seem to be the same people wearing different hats. At least they should have the courtesy to ask my opinion because in the past many of those fans have got it fantastically wrong.

We were told by on these boards that the previous regime under Jimenez and Slater were heading us off into administration. Yet they got us out of a massive hole and improved this club no end . Funnily enough they also refused to enter an 'engagement' with the fans and got dogs abuse on here. And what happened? They sell us to this lot? Be careful what you wish for?

I also sat through the Curbs abuse. He can't take us to the next level they said, we need new management they said. And what happened? again be careful what you wish for.

We were told Murray was a great guy. Of course he was not. Although he did give some of the fans a biscuit or two in the boardroom which kept him on their side - that is of course why he was kept out of the firing line for so long. Now it has dawned on so many of you that he was in it for his cash and your former favourite has been dropped like a bad smell.

We are stuck with this regime. We can't tell Roland how to spend his money nor can we replace Katiren. The abuse that woman keeps getting ensures her future. It's obvious that she is out of her depth but what is the alternative? Roland will not buckle and as I see it Katrien has bigger balls than the fans that despise her so much.

What we should be doing is supporting the team. Because I now wonder if Card really are about their own glory and not the glory of CAFC. It's time for CARD to put up or shut up. Show us that you can change this club for the better and have viable workable alternatives. If not, leave the protests to after the game.

There's "mis-guided" and then there's "hasn't got a clue". I'll leave it to others to pull this to pieces but it shows a frightening level of ignorance of the situation at our club and is riddled with factual inaccuracies.
  • WUM. Move along people nothing to see here.
  • Dealing from the wrong deck, someone has left the joker in your pack.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm hear to listen to argument. Perhaps one post might actually address my concern rather than trying to character assassinate. Which is the reason why we get nowhere with the board.
  • Not even a good try ...must try harder.
  • Look at me look at me.

Read all the previous posts just like everybody else.

CARD got rid of Curbs? Thats a new slant on it.
  • I'm hear to listen to argument. Perhaps one post might actually address my concern rather than trying to character assassinate. Which is the reason why we get nowhere with the board.

With respect your opening post was IMHO a long and detailed character assassination of CARD and those that support them. I don't think you can seriously expect anything less.