Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Gold - How do I leave it?

Comments

• Options
    rikofold said:

I've explained the situation countless times, and I couldn't really be more explicit about June than I have been. If June is in the second half of 2016 then yes it's still an option.

What do you mean still an option? Withholding any payment to the football club?
  • Options
    I am getting more and more pissed off with this thread. Why can't a simple question be answered with a simple answer. I wasn't going to stop my Valley Gold Subcription, but after reading the complete ambiguity, I might well do.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

I've explained the situation countless times, and I couldn't really be more explicit about June than I have been. If June is in the second half of 2016 then yes it's still an option.

Up there with katriens "I thought I had explained this already" comment.

I understand you are in a tough spot but if a number of vg memebers are struggling to grasp your explanation it may be that the answer which you find clear is not coming across so.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I honestly don't know how I can say it any clearer. I guess there have been so many threads, but if I've said no donation before the second half of the 2016 and you think June is in the second half then I really can't help you.

Try this from another thread.
  • Options
    best action for those who don't think it is clear is to withdraw. I think rikifold has made it clear. The money has to be paid to the club because that is the aim of the scheme.
  • Options

"If you wish to resign, please email valleygold@cafc.co.uk, or Sharron directly. It helps to know why you're resigning".

Thanks @rikofold .

Do they actually need to be given a reason. Isn't it bleedingly obvious? She will have cost Roland her salary in Valley Gold cancellations alone. It's a ridiculous situation that she remains in post as the clubs finances collapse around her. She's an acceleration factor on the losses but Duchatelet is a stubborn old goat who is prepared to pile more debt on the club and let her continue. It's not going to end well....
    I think they need to be reminded with the reason (obvious or not) - I would think that it will probably be part of any MI that is captured to support the dwindling numbers.
    Or put more simply, people cancel membership all the time for a variety of reasons. If you want the club to see in cold hard stats that people are leaving because of them, you need to let us know when you resign why you're doing so.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

best action for those who don't think it is clear is to withdraw. I think rikifold has made it clear. The money has to be paid to the club because that is the aim of the scheme.

That's not quite what I've said, although it's hardly uncommon for you to misquote me.

If the money isn't ever going to be available to the club there is no point them being in the scheme and for various reasons it will fold. I don't want that to happen (and it's jointly my responsibility to secure the success of Valley Gold).

It is also a fact that very few people have actually asked us to withhold funds, and we can't do so arbitrarily. Being accountable to the Gambling Act doesn't make things easier either. But we've said what we've said, we won't consider a donation until later in the year. This means that any request for funds in the meantime will be turned down. But we do need to canvass members.
  • Options

rikofold said:

I honestly don't know how I can say it any clearer. I guess there have been so many threads, but if I've said no donation before the second half of the 2016 and you think June is in the second half then I really can't help you.

I have read all your comments and I am clearly thick because, although you have alluded to your view I still don't know under what circumstances my money will be handed over to Roland.

As a result, after the statement I chose to leave the scheme. Once again I urge everybody else to do the same if you oppose the regime.
    Regrettably I think I may now have to do just that. It's a shame because over the last 8 years I have been in vg I have really been proud of my little contribution to our club. Oh well another thing Roland has ruined
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rikofold said:

kentred2 said:

That's not quite what I've said, although it's hardly uncommon for you to misquote me.

If the money isn't ever going to be available to the club there is no point them being in the scheme and for various reasons it will fold. I don't want that to happen (and it's jointly my responsibility to secure the success of Valley Gold).

It is also a fact that very few people have actually asked us to withhold funds, and we can't do so arbitrarily. Being accountable to the Gambling Act doesn't make things easier either. But we've said what we've said, we won't consider a donation until later in the year. This means that any request for funds in the meantime will be turned down. But we do need to canvass members.
    When do the VG committee intend to canvass its members?
  • Options

rikofold said:

kentred2 said:

Or how do they canvass members without holding a meeting of members where different opinions can be voiced & perhaps a decision reached after listening to all opinions ?
  • Options
    clive said:

rikofold said:

kentred2 said:

Or how do they canvass members without holding a meeting of members where different opinions can be voiced & perhaps a decision reached after listening to all opinions ?
    It seems to me, that the committee are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They will just try to ride it out with a few drop outs during the first half of the year. I will wait and see what happens in the July, if a payment is made to the club, I'm out.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Why not just say we have withheld till December then?
  • Options

"If you wish to resign, please email valleygold@cafc.co.uk, or Sharron directly. It helps to know why you're resigning".

Thanks @rikofold .

Do they actually need to be given a reason. Isn't it bleedingly obvious? She will have cost Roland her salary in Valley Gold cancellations alone. It's a ridiculous situation that she remains in post as the clubs finances collapse around her. She's an acceleration factor on the losses but Duchatelet is a stubborn old goat who is prepared to pile more debt on the club and let her continue. It's not going to end well....
    I think they need to be reminded with the reason (obvious or not) - I would think that it will probably be part of any MI that is captured to support the dwindling numbers.
    You think Katrien's going to present a huge decline in VG subscriptions under "incompetent CEO" or "not subsidising a half-billionaire who is under-investing in our first team" or simply "flawed strategy."
  • Options

Basically, my understanding is that the next payment wouldn’t normally be expected until June, but Valley Gold have told the club they are withholding any payments until at least the second half of the month. Which is technically June being the 6th month out of 12.

@rikofold has said no donation before second half of year and donations are normally June and December. June is the 6th month so is in the first half of 2016. The payment to the club for the second half of 2016 is December.

So if the statement and what has been said on various threads says second half of 2016 then surely we can assume that June is going to pass without payment and the next normal date for it would be December. That gives the club a fair amount of time to show what us, as Valley Gold members, want to see. Change. That is my understanding from everything that has been said but understand donation can be done at anytime.

Just FYI, I was a Valley Gold member but haven't renewed. No-one contacted me when my subscription ran out end of Feb and with everything else going on at the club I don't think I will. Just thought renewals would be an important part of the 2 VG staff?
  • Options
    Richard is Valley Gold a charitable organization?
  • Options
    Markg2004 - you are right but let's see if VG withholds money in June. I don't believe they can under the current set-up of VG unless Meire agrees. The only way she is likely to do that is if she understands that a decision to hand over more money will lead to a further collapse in revenues. She may agree on that basis but on the understanding that Duchatelet will see more cash in December than if paid in June and December.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Advice/info please. The (extended) family have 11 VG memberships, 5 from the early days and the remaining 6 in more recent years. We have fully embraced the protests, i.e. not renewing season tickets (held 20+ years), boycotting programme, match day draw etc, leaving at the 74 minute, going to car park protest etc. and making contributions to funds. However have kept valley gold going. Have had email today as 3 of the VG subs are due for renewal on June 7th. My inclination is to not renew . Any suggestions?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I think you ought to canvass the membership as a matter of urgency - then that will give you a mandate to do the right thing in June - whatever that might be.

Agreed - June is now not far away
    @cherryorchard Await the results of the above?
  • Options

Advice/info please. The (extended) family have 11 VG memberships, 5 from the early days and the remaining 6 in more recent years. We have fully embraced the protests, i.e. not renewing season tickets (held 20+ years), boycotting programme, match day draw etc, leaving at the 74 minute, going to car park protest etc. and making contributions to funds. However have kept valley gold going. Have had email today as 3 of the VG subs are due for renewal on June 7th. My inclination is to not renew . Any suggestions?

As @stonemuse say await the news from the Valley Gold payment due in June.

I haven't renewed my annual subscription and won't until it is confirmed that the June payment will not be made and the promised consultation with members, and I hope recently lapsed members, take place.

Did so with a heavy heart but felt I had no other option.
  • Options

As @stonemuse say await the news from the Valley Gold payment due in June.

I haven't renewed my annual subscription and won't until it is confirmed that the June payment will not be made and the promised consultation with members, and I hope recently lapsed members, take place.

Did so with a heavy heart but felt I had no other option.
    My sentiments exactly. I will hold off and see what happens. Wonder if I will get another email when due date goes by?
    Spent much less time on deciding how to vote in EU Referendum!
  • Options
    I thought it was differed to the end of the year?
  • Options
    In my humble opinion anybody still putting money into valley gold who is anti the current regime is mad.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

I thought it was differed to the end of the year?

Financial year, which is June 30th.
  • Options
    yes but i thought it was then differed to the end of the year (November i have in my head)
  • Options
    I'm sure @rikofold will gladly talk you all through it again, but if I was you I'd get him to make you all a PowerPoint - everything's clearer and rosier after one of them innit