Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Valley Gold - How do I leave it?

I was mistakenly under the impression that Valley Gold told the club that it is currently withholding funds. I understand that this impression is a false one. Can somebody please tell me the best way to resign from Valley Gold, I know I can just cancel my direct debit, which I will do, but is there an e-mail in which I can resign from it?

Comments

• VG have deferred payment on any money to the club until their next meeting, which I believe is in June ("However, the supporters’ representatives (on the VG committee) felt that they could not overlook the concerns raised, and indicated that they would not consider any further major donations to the football club until later on in the year."). However, no money was due to be transferred between the above decision and June anyway. I think we will all know more when that time comes around? You can email the organiser and/or Matt Baker (valleygold@cafc.co.uk.) and cancel your DD at the same time, to resign (and do tell them why!).
  • No problem. I'm waiting to see what pans out then before taking a decision on whether to cancel my VG sub then too...
  • Surely they must withhold the funds, there is now no justification to pay this money to the club.
  • @MuttleyCAFC . Might be worth waiting for @rikofold to respond to your question, before you move ahead with this.
  • edited March 2016
    I will wait a few days for some clarity - but I really do think this should be a lot more straightforward than it is becoming. I don't want to leave the scheme, but also don't want a penny of my money going into the owner's pockets.
  • I heard the more members that cancel before June the more chance the stance will be to withhold cash.

• edited March 2016
    You would think it would be the opposite! I really am not happy about the situation though - I don't want to leave the scheme that I have been a member of since it began, but as I don't want to give this regime my money. I feel I am between a rock and a hard place and knowing the scheme was withholding the money worked, but if they are going to pay it all to the club in June, I will feel duped. Now some members may continue to be happy to pay money in under these circumstances, but I am not and I’m sure many others are not either, and I am now at a point where I think leaving really is my only real option.
  • RD is (eventually) going to leave us £50m+ in debt - thanks to appalling decision making by KM.

We need to keep the VG money ring-fenced and available to the academy when the time is right.
    The only way we are going to recover is by finding youth players that want to play for Charlton and succeed.

With one or two of these key players (like Bowyer/Parker/Rufus etc) in the side, we can build a team that can compete to get us out of L1 (or maybe even L2 by the time RD goes).

Once in the Championship again, we will have the chance to attract decent players that are on the verge of Premiership class (like Stephens/Wiggins/Morro etc) - and become a stable Championship club with hopes of promotion.

This dream is probably 5+ years away - minimum, but we can do nothing constructive until the Belgians are gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was mistakenly under the impression that Valley Gold told the club that it is currently withholding funds. I understand that this impression is a false one. Can somebody please tell me the best way to resign from Valley Gold, I know I can just cancel my direct debit, which I will do, but is there an e-mail in which I can resign from it?

Whatever people want to tell you, we have said to the club that we would not consider any donation requests until later in the year. Therefore, in effect, no donations can be made until later in the year at the earliest.

We can actually donate funds at any time, but we typically do this in December and June. We need to recognise that funds are given for a specific purpose and we have received mails from people who have objected to the delay in transfer. Paul and I are looking into ways we can gather the members' opinions effectively and within rules.

If you wish to resign, please email valleygold@cafc.co.uk, or Sharron directly. It helps to know why you're resigning.
  • I think you ought to canvass the membership as a matter of urgency - then that will give you a mandate to do the right thing in June - whatever that might be.

Agreed - June is now not far away
  • Just write an email to the all new e-mail address and Valley Gold.
    Cancelled mine last month, along with getting removed from their "subscription" lists.
  • I've heard enough - sent off e-mail to cancel. Has broken my heart - I joined the scheme when it was introduced and was proud to be a member.

I still feel like a traitor. This regime has tarnished the club and also how I feel about it. Tragic.

• @MuttleyCAFC
    Done the same, was a Valley Gold member when started, couldn't always afford to pay, so was a member when I could afford to be, 6 months at a time.
    If the 5 board members can not answer 1 question, makes me worry about previous payments.
  • Yes, I will spend it on the club, with my season ticket money when we have a new owner. I need to make that promise to myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• There is already an epic thread on this. The Valley Gold committee put out the line that they were withholding payments until June, when in reality they were withholding nothing but threatening to do so. The fact is that that the Club represent two of the five Committee members and without agreement on a way forward, Vally Gold effectively folds, which is why there has been a threat and no action. Vote with your feet folks. We can always resume our contributions when we know the money is being spent responsibly by ambitious owners who need it. Every penny we spend on Valley Gold is a penny Duchatelet doesn't have to.

Spot on mate!
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

There is already an epic thread on this. The Valley Gold committee put out the line that they were withholding payments until June, when in reality they were withholding nothing but threatening to do so. The fact is that that the Club represent two of the five Committee members and without agreement on a way forward, Vally Gold effectively folds, which is why there has been a threat and no action. Vote with your feet folks. We can always resume our contributions when we know the money is being spent responsibly by ambitious owners who need it. Every penny we spend on Valley Gold is a penny Duchatelet doesn't have to.

Spot on mate!
    Was a VG contributor until December past, and decided to pull out rather than continue paying into a "withheld" fund as there were no guarantees that the money wouldn't go to the club if the VG shuts down with a remaining cash balance...
  • "If you wish to resign, please email valleygold@cafc.co.uk, or Sharron directly. It helps to know why you're resigning".

Thanks @rikofold .
  • "If you wish to resign, please email valleygold@cafc.co.uk, or Sharron directly. It helps to know why you're resigning".

Thanks @rikofold .

Do they actually need to be given a reason. Isn't it bleedingly obvious? She will have cost Roland her salary in Valley Gold cancellations alone. It's a ridiculous situation that she remains in post as the clubs finances collapse around her. She's an acceleration factor on the losses but Duchatelet is a stubborn old goat who is prepared to pile more debt on the club and let her continue. It's not going to end well....

Thanks @rikofold .

Do they actually need to be given a reason. Isn't it bleedingly obvious? She will have cost Roland her salary in Valley Gold cancellations alone. It's a ridiculous situation that she remains in post as the clubs finances collapse around her. She's an acceleration factor on the losses but Duchatelet is a stubborn old goat who is prepared to pile more debt on the club and let her continue. It's not going to end well....
    I think they need to be reminded with the reason (obvious or not) - I would think that it will probably be part of any MI that is captured to support the dwindling numbers.
  • I've explained the situation countless times, and I couldn't really be more explicit about June than I have been. If June is in the second half of 2016 then yes it's still an option.