Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Gold - How do I leave it?

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

Missed It said:

se9addick said:

Missed It said:

What does "advanced centre costs" refer to?

Presumably the costs associated with the Sparrows upgrades
    That should be paid for by the club as part of the redevelopment. This needs to be clarified. I pay my cash to Valley Gold to develop young players for Charlton, not so Duchatalet can save a bit of money on his training ground 'investment'.
    Where do you think the young players are developed ?

I know the trend is to slag absolutely anything to do with the club off and I'm very sympathetic to all those who have stopped contributing to Valley Gold, but if you're still in then surely using the money that you want to see go towards developing young players being spent on the facilities that develop those young players is reasonable ?
    Afraid not. M. Duchatalet can contribute a fraction of 1% of his wealth to cover this and not use my money, or any other fan's.

Email to Sharon on its way, breaking my last link with the club.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Missed It said:

se9addick said:

Missed It said:

That should be paid for by the club as part of the redevelopment. This needs to be clarified. I pay my cash to Valley Gold to develop young players for Charlton, not so Duchatalet can save a bit of money on his training ground 'investment'.

I know the trend is to slag absolutely anything to do with the club off and I'm very sympathetic to all those who have stopped contributing to Valley Gold, but if you're still in then surely using the money that you want to see go towards developing young players being spent on the facilities that develop those young players is reasonable ?
    Afraid not. M. Duchatalet can contribute a fraction of 1% of his wealth to cover this and not use my money, or any other fan's.

Email to Sharon on its way, breaking my last link with the club.
    That's absolutely fair enough, I was answering @Missed It who said his/her money should go towards developing young players rather than upgrading the facilities at Sparrows.

The question on whether or not any money should be handed over at all is a different one and I'm pretty surprised £50k+ was handed over recently, I thought (mistakenly it seems) that donations had been suspended.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Missed It said:

se9addick said:

Missed It said:

I know what you mean, but the training ground redevelopment is a capital investment and one that the current ownership have been hailing as their great investment in the club. I don't think they should be dipping into Valley Gold money for that. The scheme doesn't raise the sort of sums that can pay for the sort of building work required.

If anybody can clarify what "advanced centre costs" actually means it may be all reasonably explained. However, it strikes me as deliberately vague line item.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I think the wording that VG used was, withheld for the first half of the year. The only surprise was that the money didn't go to the club on 1st July.
  • Options
    Advanced centre is nothing to do with the training ground work. This relates to the community trust advanced training centres and programme.
  • Options
    Bottom-line is anyone still left is Valley Gold is subsidising the billionaire Roland Duchatelet who has under-invested in Charlton Athletic and whose disastrous ownership has presided over a collapse in revenues which he looks to shore-up now with more and more blatant player sales. What was an admirable ambition when the club really needed the money is now being taken advantage of by Katrien Meire. This decision was a dot on the cards throughout the Summer when VG reps told us any push for the money would see it handed over or else Valley Gold fold.
  • Options
    Obvious that the payment would be made, glad I left as no faith in the people that run this, our club is in crises and we still give them money for KM to piss up the wall.

Probably funding her holidays.
  • Options
    I'm not sure I 100%agree. This great initiative has been in place for many years. People were not as vocal when Waggott , Jimenez and co provided nothing more or perhaps even less to the academy development. The only people to suffer here are the kids who benefit from the investment. Whether this is the academy or the community trust. I've seen the lack of investment over the years and believe me having no academy, poor facilities and no players coming through will hurt Charlton more than you can believe.
    It takes years to develop and is only just recovering in part from the previous leadership and lack of investment. Dont get me wrong this initiative is superb and needs those that fund it, need to get clear messaging as to where the funds go, or need to go.
    Having fans give there hard cash to this is something to be applauded. The club needs to work closer with this group to get to Category one status.
    This is the game changer and will hopefully create the basis of removing the fire sales of our best talent. Ultimately as many state on here the whole process is linked - investment in the club breeds success.
    If there were ever a time to push for more input, this is the area the fans should focus. This is the model that RD said he wanted. This I think is what Charlton fans want to see also- Players made in Charlton.
    Every week cat 1 scouts watch our games this is the enemy for what fans get frustrated about - of course so is the agent and money!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    With all due respect Rikofold you are never going to see evidence of player farming if you fail to ignore what has happened under this regime even after you listen to or read their own words. I left the scheme, a scheme I joined from the very beginning, because I always knew in my heart that you would hand over the money at some point. I must admit, I did doubt myself on a few occasions when payments continued to be suspended but I feel 100% vindicated. You will never understand what this means because you are too close to the scheme and are able to seperate it from the ownership. You will never resign because of that, but this will do great damage and rightly so. Your closeness to the scheme probably ensures you fail to realise this.
  • Options
    seen this coming, glad i quit VG ages ago.
  • Options
    I quit when my membership expired at the end of July, with a heavy heart. Now I am glad I did.
  • Options
    How the fuck is the detestable,antagonising, lying, Meire allowed anywhere near valley gold? Even after all these months I still can't accept that.

A cause held so closely to many supporters over many years should have NO Association with her and her rotten idea of what Charton Athletic should be.

Today's donation was always going to happen, I just hope it sways more to leave the scheme as quite frankly any pride taken from funding tomorrow's stars has now dissolved, I don't care for it, not as long as KM is around taking the plaudits for doing naff-all.
  • Options
    I think that's very harsh on @rikofold, and as he will confirm we often don't see eye to eye on Charlton matters!

The fans reps are in a very difficult position and I think what they have done over the past 6-9 months should be applauded. People can make up their own mind on if to leave or stay in VG for their own reasons but a scheme set up under certain regulations cannot continually hold onto the funds indefinitely.

Making the club accountable as to what they want the money for is a real plus point that wasn't there before so well done for getting it to that point.

I'm sure the club are only too aware that the scheme is somewhat on a knife edge. I'm not a member personally but think it would be a real shame if the scheme had to close as would indicate yet another part of our history gone, probably forever, and it will be us as fans that ultimately lose out, as well as the youth, the good causes it supports in addition to the Academy and not forgetting we are talking about two peoples jobs here.
  • Options
    Align with the regime = Traitor in my mind

Sorry but that's how i feel. Many others that are spending thousands of hard earned cash to get this regime out feel the same!

Find another job and leave just like @BDL did!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I think that's very harsh on @rikofold, and as he will confirm we often don't see eye to eye on Charlton matters!

The fans reps are in a very difficult position and I think what they have done over the past 6-9 months should be applauded. People can make up their own mind on if to leave or stay in VG for their own reasons but a scheme set up under certain regulations cannot continually hold onto the funds indefinitely.

Making the club accountable as to what they want the money for is a real plus point that wasn't there before so well done for getting it to that point.

I'm sure the club are only too aware that the scheme is somewhat on a knife edge. I'm not a member personally but think it would be a real shame if the scheme had to close as would indicate yet another part of our history gone, probably forever, and it will be us as fans that ultimately lose out, as well as the youth, the good causes it supports in addition to the Academy and not forgetting we are talking about two peoples jobs here.

Then the scheme should fold, not fob people off with false promises. And I don't agree it will be forever. Come the day the owner leaves many of us will rejoin.
  • Options
    They bought the right club.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Sorry but that's how i feel. Many others that are spending thousands of hard earned cash to get this regime out feel the same!

That's a bit harsh. Not everyone can just get another job so easily. They are trying to help the club despite the regime not because of it. Not fair to call them traitors.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

It's not a paid job.
  • Options
    Touched a nerve obviously - but that's how i feel. the abuse i get for a "failed" pitch invasion but these people cant be criticised!

what a joke!
  • Options
    I can feel Victor Meldrew stirring.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

That's too much, give it a rest.
  • Options

In summary:

The bloke that owns CAFC has got millions
    The bloke that owns us has no time for the supporters or the team
    The fans subsidise the production of youth players
    The millionaire owner sells them.

I have been in VG since it was launched by Lennie (with the Steve Rider video) at Sparrows Lane, but I think the time has come to end my subscription.

The jackpot tickets are dying on their ass and VG won't be far behind IMO.

When these idiot Belgians finally sell up and go - we will be in heavy debt, and that is the time to dig deep into our pockets and save our club AGAIN !

Sorry, but when has this ever not been the case? This is football and has always been the rich man's play thing. Ask every supporter across the UK and your summary would be agreed by most clubs outside the premier league.
    Fans outlast every owner and I do not understand the logic of simply folding a unique initiative designed to enhance the supporters foundations of the club.
    The club are investing more than the owners before and yes of course all fans want more, but the bottom line is until this club is Cat One it will always have to operate like it is, by selling its best youth products. The category system is the enemy here and if the fans allow this fund to disappear, it won't hurt the owners but it will effect the medium/ long term future of the academy. This model should be enhanced , celebrated and used to consult more with the club on building the model I think all parties want.
  • Options

I can feel Victor Meldrew stirring.

Another line crossed mate :wink:
  • Options
    I personally object to the Crossbar Challenge, if it takes place at every league home game and is not won until the last game the prize could be in excess of £10K, not sure how this is in line with the aims of the Valley Gold.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

I personally object to the Crossbar Challenge, if it takes place at every league home game and is not won until the last game the prize could be in excess of £10K, not sure how this is in line with the aims of the Valley Gold.

I've been tempted to buy a ticket to get a go, imagine hitting the bar to which you are asked what you are going to do with the money so say over mike 'give it to the protest fund'!
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Touched a nerve obviously - but that's how i feel. the abuse i get for a "failed" pitch invasion but these people cant be criticised!

what a joke!

C4FC4L1f3 said:

what a joke!

leave it out.

You don't abuse, you get some stick for promising something and not delivering. That's not abuse

These people can be criticised FOR THEIR ACTIONS OR LACK OF SAME, not the same at all as calling them traitors etc.

I have argued long and hard with @rikofold over VG as anyone reading CL will know but he is not a traitor, neither are the few fans still working for the club, neither was @BDL before he quit.

play the ball, not the man.