Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

1270271272273274276»

Comments

• Options
    Buatsi v Hutchinson for the interim belt now that Yarde has removed himself from the conversation. Easy night for JB in my opinion.
  • Options
    Amir Khan is apparently fighting KSI in August
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I know he's only had one fight in the last 5 years but even now he's surely still several levels above KSI.

I'd be amazed if KSI is stupid enough to sign up for that fight. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I know he's only had one fight in the last 5 years but even now he's surely still several levels above KSI.

I'd be amazed if KSI is stupid enough to sign up for that fight. 
    Probably thinks Khan is a light of other days. 
  • Options
    KSI is taller and a fair bit heavier than Khan (although i'm sure Khan weighs more now than his old fighting weight), but you'd still expect him to dismantle KSI.
  • Options
    KSI is taller and a fair bit heavier than Khan (although i'm sure Khan weighs more now than his old fighting weight), but you'd still expect him to dismantle KSI.
    Most of the population is heavier than Khan, as an Olympic Silver medallist, former world champion and sparring partner of Manny i think Khan could make a fight against this plum last as long as he wanted it to. Its one thing boxing people like Tommy Fury who I'm not sure would even be in the conversation for an English cruiserweight title, its another fighting people like Amir Khan, Carl Froch and their sort. Men and boys 
  • Options
    edited June 6
    I see this YouTuber ‘boxing’ phenomenon in a similar way that I view the transgender argument in more physical sports. 

Ultimately it will all end in tears when someone gets badly hurt (or worse). 

That could be AK dismantling KSI or a 6ft 5 trans rugby player spear tackling a woman by birth. 

Unfortunately it may need something like this to happen to end this nonsense. 
  • Options
    I see this YouTuber ‘boxing’ phenomenon in a similar way that I view the transgender argument in more physical sports. 

Ultimately it will all end in tears when someone gets badly hurt (or worse). 

That could be AK dismantling KSI or a 6ft 5 trans rugby player spear tackling a woman by birth. 

Unfortunately it may need something like this to happen to end this nonsense. 
    One of them will get badly hurt, throwing punches properly is like swinging a golf club properly. I get that these muppets can pay for good full time training, supplements and nutrition but it does not replace road miles, fights against someone trying to hurt you, to the heat of lighting, to having someone whose muscle memory for pugilism is elite level. Carl Froch even at 46 isn't the kind to go easy on anyone, its just not in him and I dont believe its in Amir Khan either, both are/were intrinsically instinctive and that instinct will kick in when one of these divs lands something on or near them. 
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What did everyone think of the fight tonight?
  • Options
    Surprised the scoring was as close as it was. I had Billam-Smith winning it 118-111. Riakporhe barely laid a glove on him
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Surprised the scoring was as close as it was. I had Billam-Smith winning it 118-111. Riakporhe barely laid a glove on him
    Agree with that. I had it 10 rounds to 2, or at worse, 9-3, with a point deduction for Riakporhe.
  • Options
    I'm glad CBS beat him, Riakhpore is not only 1 dimensional he is Palace. Havent had a chance to see the fight yet so solely happy that a decent guy won 
  • Options
    Riakporhe, one-dimensional Palace shit.
    Reminded me of Wilder...all power no skill. And like Wilder of recent times, looked scared to throw the big punches! 

Pleased CBS won though, was there at Bournemouth when he mauled Okolie so like to see him do well! 
  • Options
    CBS looked great. Slick movement and nice work on the inside. The cards were a joke - bear in mind the ref took a point off Riakporhe as well!

Also thought Ben Whittaker looked shit against a very very average opponent. 
  • Options
    If anyone on here hasn't watched it yet, the BBC behind the scenes doc on the Mcguigan gym (with CBS) is fantastic. 
  • Options
    Watched the fight but it was all a bit too Palace for my liking, they were even singing the cringey songs

Way too much holding from the Nigel, looked out of his depth 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    CBS looked great. Slick movement and nice work on the inside. The cards were a joke - bear in mind the ref took a point off Riakporhe as well!

Going to get found out as soon as he tries that with someone half decent. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched the fight but it was all a bit too Palace for my liking, they were even singing the cringey songs

Way too much holding from the Nigel, looked out of his depth 
    Amazing how much he got away with the holding, by the second round the ref should’ve threatened a point being docked, weird he didn’t. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Agree about Whittaker. Bored the hell out of me. Still boxing like an amateur.