Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Well done Daniel.
  • Fuck me.  That's a career ender 
    There’s clearly something not right with him, it’s not the first time he has walked to the ring looking like he did today and then turned out a poor pensive performance like that.

Hopefully he hangs up the gloves now. 
  • Dubois impressive there
  • MrBurns said:
    AJ meltdown on the mic incoming. He's finished 
    He's already done that one!
  • AJ has been a B-level fighter his entire career. 

Protected and managed. 

Then lost every meaningful fight he's ever been in. Other than a shot Klitschko. 
  • The bully got bullied, love to see it.
  • Croydon said:
    At least we don't have to put up with Joshua's shit any more. Finished.
    Don't understand this mentality. AJ has been an incredible servant to the sport and has taken British boxing to new levels. A fantastic heavyweight champion for our country. 
    A true warrior to stay in til the end. A 2 time British world champion and a career to be proud of.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 21
    Dubois has done nothing to earn the fight. A glorified tune-up for Joshua and should play out like that.
    This aged well. You realise Joshua was the challenger right?
    You realise how damaging this is to Joshua's career right? 

This is Ruiz mark 2. 

Challenging against what? A win over a fighter that already lost to Zhang and done nothing else? 

Dubois is not world level and Joshua got battered. This is an embarrassment. 
  • Dubois destroyed him, not sure why Joshua left himself so open. I don't know or watch much boxing but Dubois was quick and aggressive but would love to see him fight Uzyk or Fury next 

Wished they made Joshua Fury happen years ago when they were both on top 
  • Croydon said:
    At least we don't have to put up with Joshua's shit any more. Finished.
    Don't understand this mentality. AJ has been an incredible servant to the sport and has taken British boxing to new levels. A fantastic heavyweight champion for our country. 
    Reaĺly. He has never been as good as he thinks he is. He has never beaten a heavyweight of any note, bearing in mind Klitschko was an old man at the time he beat him.
  • I think, as ever, people are down playing someone’s sporting achievements. 

The biggest problem with AJ was that he is clearly a bit of a wrongun, but the media tried to portray him as something else. 
  • Joshua's only win with credit is Parker, and that's only because of Parker's accomplishments since the Joshua fight. 
  • AJ has been great for British boxing. A good looking guy & easily marketable. 

I've always found him a very unlikeable character though.  Not sure why 
  • edited September 22
    Was it the Joe Joyce defeat when the young DDD had a broken eye socket that made AJ favourite when he was still learning his trade and Joyce jabbed him out the contest. Also Dubois being knocked out by Usyk but AJ had lost to Usyk twice so he was hardly unbeatable plus a rank poor show against Ruiz (1st fight) 

From the first bell, far was tying up Dubois and having too much experience, Joshua was open and looked sluggish and only the bell saved this contest  being over in one round. 

I've been a Dubois fan since his first few fights were shown live on TV and I know they were rent a dope opponents but now at 27 is his time and that was one of the best performances from a British heavyweight fighter from the 1st round to the 5th round KO.
  • Was it the Joe Joyce defeat when the young DDD had a broken eye socket that made AJ favourite when he was still learning his trade and Joyce jabbed him out the contest. Also Dubois being knocked out by Usyk but AJ had lost to Usyk twice so he was hardly unbeatable plus a rank poor show against Ruiz (1st fight) 

From the first bell far was tying up Dubois and having too much experience, Joshua was open and looked sluggish and only the bell saved this contest  being over in one round. 

I've been a Dubois fan since his first few fights were shown live on TV and I know they were rent a dope opponents but now at 27 is his time and that was one of the best performances from a British heavyweight fighter from the 1st round to the 5th round KO.
    I hope you're right and we have seen  a much improved fighter. However I still have reservations as I think AJ has been over hyped for all of his career. 
  • Sponsored links:

• AJ has been great for British boxing. A good looking guy & easily marketable. 

I've always found him a very unlikeable character though.  Not sure why 
    Never felt like he was being himself. Comes across quite inauthentic. 
  • Bum got battered
    AJ now finished 
    Hope Dubois gets a couple chances to bank big bucks before Usyk or his successor inevitably puts out his lights 
    Don’t suppose it’s likely but I’d love to see someone like Dubois batter that hulking shitbag Fury and shut him the fuck up for good
  • My wife was on at me all day about me thinking Joshua would beat Dubois. She picked Dubois and it wasn't a case of how she picks a grand national horse, she was right. He was hungrier, looked the business in his last 2 fights, who was the last person of note Joshua has fought or beaten, he will not be taking Dubois seriously and I, in a complete mansplaining way dismissed all that. She also sneakily put money on Dubois stopping Joshua so we are going put for some decent food tomorrow courtesy of Paddy Power also not giving Daniel a prayer! 

Johnny Nelson summed it up, Joshua was boxing like someone who had done a few boxercise classes with that stupid flicky jab and Dubois just strolled through it. 

Nothing but credit to Daniel Dubois, he has done all his learning in the ring, taken his medicine and just put to sleep in the most brutal way a guy who was still seen by many as the main man 

My thing with Joshua is how he has been managed, Hearn kept him away from Wilder and Fury having him fight puddings instead in front of massive insta-crowds which was great for the Hearn family and Anthony Joshua's bank account but not so much for boxing fans used to missing out on the best box office fighters fighting each other 
  • Quite surprised to read the post-fight interview comments that AJ wants to fight on. Hearn talking about either a rematch with Dubois, or a fight with Fury if he loses to Usyk.
  • Dubois from Greenwich? Steve Avory working his magic again
  • Joshua fury should have happened years ago. Usyk has completely cleaned up the division but won't be around for too many fights. Maybe Fury 2 in December then Dubois again? After that there's a bit of a vacuum.
  • edited September 22
    Quite surprised to read the post-fight interview comments that AJ wants to fight on. Hearn talking about either a rematch with Dubois, or a fight with Fury if he loses to Usyk.

Money is always the 1st thought in a boxing promoter's mind !
    Boxing politics stopped the Fury and Joshua fight from happening and now it feels like it's the fight from the past that never happened and not a fight for the future unless they both want to fight each other in a decade's time when they are 46 and 44 to show how we all crave for our younger days !

It's a crying shame that the proposed fight between the "Gypsy King" and AJ in August 2021 never happened as the court of arbitration said Fury had to fight Wilder.

If Tyson losses to Usyk again, a fight between Fury and Joshua would be like the 3rd and 4th place in a Football World Cup; pointless.
  • edited September 22
    Brilliant. Always disliked AJ, could see through the act from the beginning.

He should enjoy his money before his brain turns to mash potato.
  • Quite surprised to read the post-fight interview comments that AJ wants to fight on. Hearn talking about either a rematch with Dubois, or a fight with Fury if he loses to Usyk.

Money is always the 1st thought in a boxing promoter's mind !
    Boxing politics stopped the Fury and Joshua fight from happening and now it feels like it's the fight from the past that never happened and not a fight for the future unless they both want to fight each other in a decade's time when they are 46 and 44 to show how we all crave for our younger days !

It's a crying shame that the proposed fight between the "Gypsy King" and AJ in August 2021 never happened as the court of arbitration said Fury had to fight Wilder.

If Tyson losses to Usyk again, a fight between Fury and Joshua would be like the 3rd and 4th place in a Football World Cup; pointless.
    it wasn't just Hearn though, AJ himself said he wants to fight on. Whether he'll feel differently though once he's come to terms with last night is a different story.