Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• edited May 19
    Despite it being a TKO to Usyk, the ref had clearly been told that the fight will go the distance unless someone is poleaxed and supine on the canvass for the full 10 seconds after a slight pause to start the count obviously.
    Cuts also play a big part in result but carry on unless blood couldn't be halted !

How 81 year old Journalist Jeff Powell gave all the early rounds to Fury is beyond me but maybe show boating gets you more points as it's show business with blood and not that dissimilar to the Gladiators in ancient Rome.

Like other good Judges on CL, I also had Oleksandr at least two points up going into the last round but it felt like power players in boxing wanted a draw.

Usyk looks small against Fury but he is the ideal height at 6ft 3in and his weight was 223 lbs as opposed to the 199 lbs that was his cruiserweight winning size.
  • I guess one thing that could be said is that Turki Alalshikh comes across as a genuine boxing fan and doesn't need the money. Not sure they'd like being accused of bent cards, doesn't suit the sportswashing image 
  • edited May 19
    I thought Usyk took 1-3, then fury 4/5/6/7. Usyk looked knackered 5/6. 
  • shine166 said:
    I thought Usk took 1-3, then fury 4/5/6/7. Usyk looked knackered 5/6. 

I scored it - Usyk first:

10-10
    10-9
    10-9
    10-10
    9-10
    9-10
    10-9 (but tough to score so could have gone the other way or 10-10)
    10-9
    10-8
    10-9
    10-9
    10-10

118-112

• Despite it being a TKO to Usyk, the ref had clearly been told that the fight will go the distance unless someone is poleaxed and supine on the canvass for the full 10 seconds after a slight pause to start the count obviously.
    Cuts also play a big part in result but carry on unless blood couldn't be halted !

How 81 year old Journalist Jeff Powell gave all the early rounds to Fury is beyond me but maybe show boating gets you more points as it's show business with blood and not that dissimilar to the Gladiators in ancient Rome.

Like other good Judges on CL, I also had Oleksandr at least two points up going into the last round but it felt like power players in boxing wanted a draw.

Usyk looks small against Fury but he is the ideal height at 6ft 3in and his weight was 223 lbs as opposed to the 199 lbs that was his cruiserweight winning size.
    Which you can kind of understand in an undisputed heavyweight title fight. With the money involved and what was at stake, the last thing the ref wants is to be ending a fight early if he can avoid doing so.

Interesting looking at the judges scorecards that without the knockdown, the third judges card would've been 114-114 and it would've been a draw.
  • Fisher vs Babic just been announced, like that fight a lot
  • Jints said:
    Judges biased because Ukraine. I 25% like fury but 75% can't stand him
    Spot on. 
  • Knew from before the 1st bell it wouldn’t take Okolie long to pummel this guy, but that was quick. Complete mis match, how did that fella get a world title shot?
  • I'm sure I read that Usyk beat Fury at a lighter weight than the Bridgerweight limit. Bit of a joke division and a meaningless belt currently
  • Croydon said:
    I'm sure I read that Usyk beat Fury at a lighter weight than the Bridgerweight limit. Bit of a joke division and a meaningless belt currently
    Had to google Bridgerweight. 
    Super cruiserweight? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Who's every got for Taylor v Catterall? First fight was probably the biggest robbery I've ever seen, but I think Taylor stops him this eve
  • Croydon said:
    Who's every got for Taylor v Catterall? First fight was probably the biggest robbery I've ever seen, but I think Taylor stops him this eve
    Quality fight so far... can't see it going 12
  • Quality scrap
  • Catterall looking brilliant... have him 4-1 up
  • Catterall ahead and looking the stronger of the two.
  • And sharper, like last time.
  • edited May 25
    7th Taylor's best round, and he needed it
  • Croydon said:
    7th Taylor's best round, and he needed it
    And even then Catterall has his moments.
  • Got it 6-3 Catterall through 9, great fight so far
  • 7-4 Catterall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Andy Lee having Taylor ahead before the 12th 😂😂
  • Barry Jones dreadful.
  • Got it 7-5 Catterall
  • Only one winner but the same was true last time!
  • The right winner this time. A clear winner but not that clear.
  • Did Jones just say Catterall won by a couple of rounds? I thought he said Taylor was ahead around round 11.
  • Hahaha what is happening 
  • What a muppet, Bob Arum.
    late justice is better than NO justice
    late justice is better than NO justice

Bitter, sweet justice though - if the first fight had been scored correctly Catterall would have been the undisputed light-welterweight world champion.