Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Chisora still throwing shots, Parker doesn't need to take any risks
  • Options
    Been a great heavy weight fight 
  • Options
    Chisora take a bow son. You have been a servant but please no more
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Needs to retire now. Not healthy taking a beating like that
  • Options
    Cards were so much closer than the should be too
  • Options
    Cards are a travesty. What the fuck lol
  • Options
    They were a joke 114-112 with how many knock-downs?
  • Options
    Those cards should be criminal. How do you get any of those, let alone the 114-112?
  • Options
    Great to see a statement from Joseph Parker.  Where to now I wonder.  Would Chisora be the most durable heavyweight in world boxing coming back as he did after those knockdowns.
  • Options
    That was fun but one way traffic Parker should have been 10 points clear minimum. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Michael Alexander had Chisora a point ahead without the knockdowns. What? That’s some serious problem scoring imo 
  • Options
    Its about time judges have to explain how they give the scores they do. It isn't fair on fighters for scores like this to keep getting farted out
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    275 fans/viewers so far have shared their scores.

just a tad different to the judges. 

• Options
    Pretty much how I had it, and I was rooting for del boy
  • Options
    Woodley got proper knocked out. 
  • Options
    Chisora has a head like a paving slab. It's not human to be able to take a beating like that and still keep on going. A true warrior but absolutely needs to retire now.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    shine166 said:
    It was a good punch but the blokes an MMA fighter isn’t he? Woodley completely drops his guard and allows him a free shot. It’s not pro boxing in my opinion.
  • Options

I hate the Pauls, everyone involved in them and everything they stand for.  Grates that there are real boxers plying their craft for years and earning nada and this rich kid is handpicking opponents and making millions.

He is of course reasonably good but he is benefiting from having the luxury of endless cash to burn and able to train all day, rest, eat and have decent trainers so most with any decent level of athleticism would get to a reasonable standard- and fair play for the dedication but feels like it makes a  further of an already questionable sport these days. 

Watched Idiocracy last night and each year we move closer to it.

Bad enough boxing as it is with the bent judging at every fight and this just adds to the circus.  

Would love it if a proper active boxer got in there with him and retire the moronic c***and the whole circus. 
    I agree with everything you've said but in fairness he was supposed to fight an active boxer in Tommy Fury. Not his fault that he pulled out with 2 weeks to go.
  • Options
    Yep, was disappointed when Fury withdrew.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whilst i doubt he cares too much as he's getting paid millions to beat non-boxers, i think even Paul himself knows that he needs to test himself against an actual boxer.
  • Options
    Would of been Fury’s hardest fight so far.
  • Options
    He'd have beaten fury, im sure of it. 
  • Options
    Supposedly Jake Paul refused to sign up to VADA testing for the Fury fight, doesn’t surprise me. 
  • Options
    Very true. Fury's 7 opponents at the time he fought them had a combined record of:

W14 L175 D5
  • Options
    Anyone else see Ortiz beat Charles Martin last night?

Ortiz really looks his age and his legs have gone but he still holds dangerous power. Martin is just, well, just very Charles Martin! He never looks comfortable in any fight I’ve seen him in and looks like he’s got powder puff punches. That said he did knock Ortiz down twice albeit one of them was just a jab.

The KO was tough to watch as Martin had no idea where he was. It reminded me of Price vs Povetkin when Price just stood there whilst he was out cold.

Gutted UK boxing is now suspended for January.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Supposedly Jake Paul refused to sign up to VADA testing for the Fury fight, doesn’t surprise me. 
    Dana White has asked to test him, in return for agreeing to be tested for cocaine. 

Paul will never fight a real boxer because it doesn't fit the story. Tommy Fury is the closest he'll get, and he's shite and only used to pad out cards.
  • Options
    The ref should have stopped Martin way earlier, he was dead on his feet.
  • Options

Can't wait for the rematch where Joshua will win even less rounds and get knocked out because his ego is so big he can't handle playing to his strengths. 
  • Options

Can't wait for the rematch where Joshua will win even less rounds and get knocked out because his ego is so big he can't handle playing to his strengths. 
    Can't believe his team are stupid enough to try that same tactic again