Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• edited November 2021
    left-field one... can't say I blame him, but clearly doesn't fancy beterbiev or bivol. That is a hell of a lot of weight to put on
  • Dan Azeez just beat the piss out of Hosea Burton. Conclusively, first bell to last. 

Hes a Lewisham boy and a padwan of our own @nolly and for anyone still doubting him, he is the real deal. 

• Been following Azeez for a while, he's quality
  • McBobbin said:
    Been following Azeez for a while, he's quality
    Me too, on the word of my aforementioned chum. Hosea Burton isn't the fighter he should have been but still a very decent competitor and Azeez just blasted through him, boxed beautifully 
  • Carter said:
    McBobbin said:
    Been following Azeez for a while, he's quality
    Me too, on the word of my aforementioned chum. Hosea Burton isn't the fighter he should have been but still a very decent competitor and Azeez just blasted through him, boxed beautifully 
    It was great, saw him at a Lew Smith fight with NLA a while back, got a decent following and seen him on TV a bit since. Looking forward to him stepping up a level
  • I want to try and find the Crawford Porter fight, heard it was cracking
  • McBobbin said:
    I want to try and find the Crawford Porter fight, heard it was cracking
    It was a slugfest, Crawford miles the better boxer but Porter showed his massive nuts again and the ending was a bit sour
  • Only about 5 years too late but Khan vs Brook is on for Feb 19th.

Sky are even putting it on Box Office too. Just hope my dodgy stream is good on the night because I wouldn't pay for that.
  • Only about 5 years too late but Khan vs Brook is on for Feb 19th.

Sky are even putting it on Box Office too. Just hope my dodgy stream is good on the night because I wouldn't pay for that.

Yes, should have been years ago.

I hope to be ringside - one of the benefits of working for the company I do!
  • Worth a freebie I'm sure! Box office tho 🤣🤣🤣🤣

BTW anyone catch Teo getting his arse kicked at the weekend? Have to say I didn't see it coming
  • Sponsored links:

• PPV is a piss take, but not surprised 
  • George Kambosos is nails isnt he. Lopez didn't really get anywhere near the level he was at when boxing lomachenkos head off for 7 rounds 
  • Carter said:
    George Kambosos is nails isnt he. Lopez didn't really get anywhere near the level he was at when boxing lomachenkos head off for 7 rounds 
    Teo's old man is taking some stick - rightly so.

• bobmunro said:
    Carter said:
    George Kambosos is nails isnt he. Lopez didn't really get anywhere near the level he was at when boxing lomachenkos head off for 7 rounds 
    Teo's old man is taking some stick - rightly so.

Some of the worst corner work I've ever seen.
  • Local boy Elliott Whale won his fight tonight at York Hall and moves to 5-0
  • Sheeraz with 2 VERY late shots on Skeete in the 8th
  • He may be very knowledgeable about boxing, but I find Steve Bunce's voice so annoying 
  • He may be very knowledgeable about boxing, but I find Steve Bunce's voice so annoying 
    Find it quite funny myself! 
  • Yarde, different class. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yarde, different class. 
    Arthur looked scared tonight, nothing like the first fight. He willingly let Yarde close the gap, played into his hands really. 
  • Croydon said:
    Sheeraz with 2 VERY late shots on Skeete in the 8th
    I’ve got an irrational hatred  of skeete. I don’t know if it’s just because he’s lanky but i hate watching his fights
  • What was the Dennis McCann fight like? Seen a lot of media hype around him recently, is that because he's a traveller and has links with Fury or is he the real deal?
  • What was the Dennis McCann fight like? Seen a lot of media hype around him recently, is that because he's a traveller and has links with Fury or is he the real deal?
    Thought that he was really good. He dominated a tough 35 year old Argentinian from beginning to end, winning every round.
    Looks a decent prospect. 
  • Rumours circulating online that Tommy Fury vs Jake Paul is off. Tommy is allegedly pulling out of the fight. Potentially linked with the fact that Jake Paul is refusing VADA testing for this fight?
  • Rumours circulating online that Tommy Fury vs Jake Paul is off. Tommy is allegedly pulling out of the fight. Potentially linked with the fact that Jake Paul is refusing VADA testing for this fight?
    Surprising if true, as it was known a while ago that Jake Paul wasn't doing the drug testing. Plus of course it's a huge pay day for Tommy, likely the biggest fight purse he'll ever get.
  • BBC reporting that Fury has pulled out as he is 'struggling with fitness'

Tommy Fury v Jake Paul: Fight expected to be called off with Briton struggling for fitness - BBC Sport

It is a shame, I must be honest and say I was looking forward to this fight. 
  • He needs to reveal proof of what the injury is otherwise people are just going to claim he's bottled it.

'Struggling with fitness' isn't a valid excuse as he's fought 3 times already this year and must have been in camp for this one for a few weeks now.
  • Good. These farcical 'fights' should be banned anyway 
  • If he doesn't bottle it, his boxing career pretty much ends on Dec 18th as I think he loses the fight.