Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    On the way to football, chucked some shit in the slow cooker for dinner later and the missus still sound asleep. 

I don't feel great. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Lmao just seen ledbury got there first. Must remember to refresh the page.
  • Options
    Watched it this morning. Cracking fight, a real heavyweight title bout. 

Had Fury in win inside 8, but clearly I underestimated Wilder's heart. Looked dead on his feet from the 6th onwards
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/MVYTlpuNdLg

Great interview with tyson after

• Options
    Anyone got a link to watch it back in full, no way I was getting up or staying up for it. 

• Options
    buckshee said:
    Anyone got a link to watch it back in full, no way I was getting up or staying up for it. 

There’s a good video on YouTube from someone’s seat. Really good quality. 

• Options
    buckshee said:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x84rgy2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant from Fury, the man is a truly special performer.

He was not at his best and got hit way more often than he did in the second fight but also landed a lot more punches too.

As for Wilder, you have to admire the man’s heart and punching power but as a man he is a complete arsehole.

In boxing you give your best and then shake hands, the bitterness is done, just look back at Mike Tyson vs Lennox Lewis when Tyson made some awful comments about Lewis pre-fight but after he lost hugged him and even wiped the blood from his cheeks, that’s the spirit of boxing.

Sadly Wilder showed no class at all, the man is not worthy of being a true champion.
  • Options
    No way does Joshua beat either of them regardless of what happens in his rematch. They both got up from punches that would absolutely destroy him - not necessarily physically but he's not got the "heart" to take hits like that. 
  • Options
    I do think Fury is a definite one-off - a unique approach to the sport. Can't help but admire him whatever his flaws are.
  • Options
    On the way to football, chucked some shit in the slow cooker for dinner later and the missus still sound asleep. 

I don't feel great. 
    Sounds yummy
  • Options
    I've watched it back twice today and I've got to say I'm delighted we have gotten to see a heavyweight fight like that. Wilder truly left it all in the ring, regardless of how he behaved afterwards he gave that everything he had and on that performance would have beaten anyone else. Fury took a round or 2 to get going and then boxed very very well dealing with a determined Wilder. Since he has been training at the Kronk gym he is so much more exciting to watch knowing he is looking to finish fights. 

Fury had to show a lot of guts in there the second knockdown could have ended the fight had it been 60 seconds earlier as his legs looked fucked. 

In the top 3 heavyweight fights I've seen in my lifespan. Usyk won't be afraid of Fury and would take the fight in a heartbeat but Fury is far too big and brutal for him. Fingers crossed Joshua decides to ditch the Usyk fight and put himself in a position he can give us a massive occasion in Britain as I cannot see what fighters are going to bring stadium fighting back once those two pack up 
  • Options
    Fury, after all that, after nearly 11 rounds looks unmarked and after the KO still had the strength to belt out a song and talk completely coherently, he's a remarkable man
    and then went straight out partying...

https://twitter.com/1rickyricki/status/1447157165375033346?s=21.
  • Options
    "No love. I don't respect you".

That's really poor from Wilder  

• Options
    Heat of the moment stuff potentially but really poor from Wilder. You effectively lost to the man 3 times and you don't respect him?!
  • Options
    Bumped into Ted Cheeeeman this morning outside his new bar. Had a good chat with him. Nice fella 
  • Options
    Dillian Whyte vs Otto Wallin off after Whyte sustains shoulder injury in training 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting that Whyte wouldn't want any risk to mess up his payday with Joshua/Wilder/Fury/Usyk. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Interesting that Whyte wouldn't want any risk to mess up his payday with Joshua/Wilder/Fury/Usyk. 
    https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/10/26/22746482/dillian-whyte-wants-to-go-straight-into-tyson-fury-title-fight-after-injury-boxing-news-2021

What a surprise. "Shoulder injury" always seemed a bit too convienient. 

In a not-so-surprising move, ESPN reports that Dillian Whyte is seeking to bypass rescheduling a fight against Otto Wallin after he pulled out with a shoulder injury, and instead wants to go straight towards a WBC world title fight against reigning champion Tyson Fury.

Of course that’s not exactly what Team Wallin have in mind, and they’re pushing the WBC to force Whyte into rescheduling their fight, with the winner set to get a mandatory world title shot. In fact, Dmitriy Salita — who promotes Wallin — is suspicious of Whyte’s injury in general, wanting an independent doctor to evaluate the legitimacy of Whyte’s shoulder injury.

“Otto Wallin vs. Whyte should be rescheduled,” he said. “Whyte should not be allowed to forego the fight with Otto and fight Fury next as a mandatory challenger.”

As of this moment it’s unclear how the WBC will rule on the matter, but either way someone will be unhappy with the decision. Whyte last fought in March, avenging his stoppage loss to Alexander Povetkin by returning the favor. Wallin most recently took a unanimous decision over Dominic Breazeale this past February.

• Options
    Canelo now undisputed super middleweight champion. Plant did well with some good defensive work i thought but in the end Canelo eventually broke him down.

What next for him? Can anyone stop him?
  • Options
    Canelo now undisputed super middleweight champion. Plant did well with some good defensive work i thought but in the end Canelo eventually broke him down.

What next for him? Can anyone stop him?

He's certainly running out of opponents. Maybe another GGG fight, or Danny Jacobs, although not sure how easily Canelo could make middleweight now.

He could step back up to Light-Heavy for either Berterbiev or Bivol - both would be very risky though.
  • Options
    Superb boxe! forever tarnished for as a drug cheat
  • Options
    What a shot to put out Kid Galahad tonight by Kiko Martinez!
  • Options
    Absolutely slept him. Not a good night for the Yorkshire fighters 
  • Options
    No punch resistance due to being so weight drained. Surprised he even went out in the 6th after that knockdown at the end of the 5th. He looked gone and couldn’t even find his stool. 
  • Options
    A good night for clean boxers.