Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sponsors Event 24 March - CARD call for pickets at Sparrows Lane and Valley

Comments

• Locked gates and security guards at the Valley.

And I wanted to renew my season ticket ; - )

Where was the credit to using my picture Henry ;) I want answers! haha. After that picture, some people turned up and I sent a DM with the companies name to CARD to investigate if they can email them.
  • Well done once again to all involved today, do they really think that we will all simply get fed up and go away in the closed season. This shows they know nothing of our history. They ignore at their peril
    We are winning,Well done
  • SDAddick said:

Great work everyone, a really great way to show dissent.

@LoOkOuT et al, I would blur out or put a black bar over the license plates of the vehicles. Sorry to have to put something critical up, just one of those things.

Funny that as I thought that maybe someone who has their photo in the season ticket brochure could complain to the Club that it had been used without permission and demand their recall. Is this feasible?
  • seth plum said:

My further report from today's protest. Memories and comments.

I arrived at about 9.10 and there were already people there, as well as the mobile billboard (billboard huh, see what we did there Roly?).

An upbeat atmosphere which was in evidence throughout, but everybody I spoke to was a committed fan, of more or less one mind, pretty determined to do what they could to help, and supportive of each other. people came from as far afield as Sheppey and Ashford, maybe further I don't know.

It was a nice mix of organised and organic, with home made signs and banners, CARD sweatshirts, and general focused improvisation from the attendees. We had a plan for a dignified greeting when Katrien arrived, but we were caught out because no bugger spotted early enough that it was her car. Katrien arrived at 9.50.

However there was some nice steady crossing of the road to slow down any cars that came through. We all got what I thought was a cheery wave from Jacko, Jason Euell stopped to chat, as did several others including a sponsor who arrived on foot. A fair bit of milling around, a South London Press photographer took pictures as did our very own estimable car parking guru photographer Ken from Bexley.

Ken saved a few of us from risking a parking ticket, and the general creative spirit prevailed when David Norris craftily persuaded a resident to allow the billboard van to park in their drive, providing a very good presence.

At about 11 most of us went to the Valley, following the billboard van, another good turn out at the Valley by locked up and guarded gates. New arrivals joined us and we carried on as before. Saw Tony Cojones, Chris Parkes, Ravi, Steve Adamson arrive, there were other comings and goings.

There needs to be a special mention for the very estimable, articulate and downright amusing and entertaining Bob from Data Techniques who turned up uninvited (not uninvited by us I hasten to add). He had a lot of terrific stuff to say, but one I will report is that he wasn't invited to this event because he is 'special' and they would be in touch further.

I had to leave and don't know if Katrien arrived at the Valley and I didn't notice hide nor hair of Richard Murray.

All of the club staff I encountered throughout were great, with the exception of the bloke in the club shop, who some may remember from the tail end of the November (power point city) fans meeting.

A couple of things I picked up. One is that the resignation from Companies House has been 'taken very seriously', and a top London law firm instructed in the matter. maybe this is old news. It was also suggested by one credible person today that what is happening at Charlton is unsustainable, and could well all collapse by Christmas, but that Roland can't bankrupt himself.

I am wondering if the event today caught Katrien on the hop, which I hope it did, but anyway, as a serious football club selling sponsorship today we're really and sadly Charlton Pathetic.

Cheers Seth. What did the club shop bloke do this time? He does seem very angry with any sort of protests
  • Sponsored links:

• From what I can remember he slammed the door in @seth plum's face. Not sure why though
  • Just caught up with all of this and just thought I'd say a massive well done to all involved.

Oh and that billboard van was a stroke of genius.
  • Chant for Brum:

Daisy, Daisy what's the score? Daisy, what's the score?
  • PL54 said:

seth plum said:

P.S.

For stats junkies.

Of the fans out today at least four of us were vegetarians to my knowledge, or about 13%.

You reading this Delaware fecking North?

What percentage were unemployed or students ?

Could be a correlation.
    And your point is?

Surely, individuals are entitled to do as they wish with their time...

For what it's worth I'd suggest there is a 100% correlation with being Charlton fans and being prepared to play their part.
    How high is that horse ?
  • LoOkOuT said:

Get organised or be laughed at.

• Sheesh, I thought my stalker had moved on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who's Ben Tegg?
    Apparently been seen throwing stones at house Windows near traaiming ground?
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

seth plum said:

P.S.

For stats junkies.

Of the fans out today at least four of us were vegetarians to my knowledge, or about 13%.

You reading this Delaware fecking North?

What percentage were unemployed or students ?

Could be a correlation.
    And your point is?

Surely, individuals are entitled to do as they wish with their time...

For what it's worth I'd suggest there is a 100% correlation with being Charlton fans and being prepared to play their part.
    How high is that horse ?
    Not very, some fat bastard's trying to sit on it...

But, seriously, what was your point? Some people could be there to make their (and others') views known.

I'm glad they were there, as I couldn't be there myself.

Does it matter what their employment status is?
    The point was about the dietary habits of the congregation being biased due to their 'make up'
    seth plum said:

Sheesh, I thought my stalker had moved on.

Back in your (cheese) box
  • I've just noticed the side of the Club Superstore at the Valley reads 'Home of Charlton FC" Who's this Charlton FC? No space for the rest of our name?

Didn't they used to play at Charlton Park on a Sunday morning in the seventies ? Didn't know that they were still going.
  • CafcSteve said:

Who's Ben Tegg?

I am certain this wouldn't be the case. What makes you think this?
  • It's on Facebook.
    Unless it's a joke.
  • edited March 2016
    CafcSteve said:

Who's Ben Tegg?

No chance. Silliness. Ben's been a friend of mine for over 30 years.
  • Ben Tagg has been posting constant updates throughout the morning. Been following him. Credit to him (don't know who he is or what his connection is but he has kept me up-to-date).

@seth plum Up the veggies!!!!

@LargeAddick I don't know the laws around image and likeness usage, but it's worth a shot. How much do you think you'd get for your image rights? ;)
  • I don't understand why someone would say this but Ben ain't the sort to do this. Really.