Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sponsors Event 24 March - CARD call for pickets at Sparrows Lane and Valley

Comments

• ...not everyone can attend protests, or trips to Belgium, but everyone is capable of sending an email to the university - let's do a Coco5 part II
  • WSS said:

se9addick said:

Do we know how many sponsors attended the Valley ?

16 said they come I believe.

4 turned up.

2 of those 4 went specifically to raise concerns.
    And yet our CEO remains in her role...
  • edited March 2016

I've said it before but I will say it again why on earth do these pricks not want us working with them, rather than against.

A few reasons.

Fear from Katrien and Tony Cahones of being shown up as not knowing what they are doing. It's called imposter syndrome.

Embarrassment of having to admit they don't know it all and have got it wrong so often.

Mistaking listening and changing plans as weakness and as "losing" rather than good management

Secrecy as they know that the real plan is just so unacceptable to 98% of fans that they can't reveal it

Ignorance of how to communicate with "customers" or deal with conflict.

Groupthink as they have convinced themselves nothing is wrong, it's all a few trouble makers and that no one from outside the group has anything to offer. They still think a few wins or the summer break will make it all go away.

Dependency on Roland for direction and inability to stand up to him. They know they will never get similar level jobs in football for anyone other than Roland so even when they know his commands are nonsense (the Statement for one example) they still follow them

definitely this

edit: lol rikofold beat me to it
  • Absolutely brilliant effort from all those concerned. The billboards on the lorry were genius.
  • Sponsored links:

• "Our" club certainly isn't at it's best, but we sure as hell have the BEST supporters #feelingproud
  • What does Marco Motta know what's happening?
  • Next season's shirt sponsors is going to be Woolworths
  • If Meire etc have convinced themselves nothing is wrong, and that it's all a few trouble makers, and that a few wins or the summer break will make it all go away, they are just deluding themselves. I would suggest that they speak to Mick Everett, who was on duty at Sparrows. He will put them in the picture that Charlton fans do not go quietly into the night. The continued arrogance of the delusional and incompetent Meire is breathtaking.
  • edited March 2016
    Great work everyone, a really great way to show dissent.

@LoOkOuT et al, I would blur out or put a black bar over the license plates of the vehicles. Sorry to have to put something critical up, just one of those things.
  • Have Andrews Sykes actually released a statement?
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

I've said it before but I will say it again why on earth do these pricks not want us working with them, rather than against.

A few reasons.

Fear from Katrien and Tony Cahones of being shown up as not knowing what they are doing. It's called imposter syndrome.

Embarrassment of having to admit they don't know it all and have got it wrong so often.

Mistaking listening and changing plans as weakness and as "losing" rather than good management

Secrecy as they know that the real plan is just so unacceptable to 98% of fans that they can't reveal it

Ignorance of how to communicate with "customers" or deal with conflict.

Groupthink as they have convinced themselves nothing is wrong, it's all a few trouble makers and that no one from outside the group has anything to offer. They still think a few wins or the summer break will make it all go away.

Dependency on Roland for direction and inability to stand up to him. They know they will never get similar level jobs in football for anyone other than Roland so even when they know his commands are nonsense (the Statement for one example) they still follow them

I might be wrong, but I thought imposter syndrome applied to those who were good enough to do the job well, but wouldn't believe it. I don't think we could accuse KM and TC of having that problem.
    You're right to an extent although it is something that effects usually young new appointed managers in particular. While they might have talent, be hard working and clever they are not experienced in management.

The imposter syndrome they perceive prevents then accepting constructive criticism. Some get over it and become good managers. Other don't and so stay bad managers. You can decide which camp KM falls into. Tony Cahone is beyond help.

KM should have got herself a proper coach rather than listening to her squash partner Jo Tonque telling her that it is all because she is female meaning she has never addressed her failing as a manager.
  • Have Andrews Sykes actually released a statement?

all "Hot Air"............ any vacancies in advertising? Im wasted here. ;)
  • edited March 2016
    SDAddick said:

Great work everyone, a really great way to show dissent.

@LoOkOuT et al, I would blur out or put a black bar over the license plates of the vehicles. Sorry to have to put something critical up, just one of those things.

Fair comment...... i did it with KM's ......I have taken down the white Audi.... I think my others are okay.
  • Brilliant & cunning plan, guys ! Wish I could join you ....

Maybe next time Baldrick...
  • Another great protest idea. Love the mobile billboard. A huge "Well Done" and "Thanks" to CARD for continuing the pressure. Top marks also to all those fans who gave up their time to join in and make the sponsers aware of what is going on. Katrien's report to The Rat will no doubt confirm that the event was an unqualified success.
  • I've just noticed the side of the Club Superstore at the Valley reads 'Home of Charlton FC" Who's this Charlton FC? No space for the rest of our name?
  • I've just noticed the side of the Club Superstore at the Valley reads 'Home of Charlton FC" Who's this Charlton FC? No space for the rest of our name?

Shhh, it's the secret name change.