Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sponsors Event 24 March - CARD call for pickets at Sparrows Lane and Valley

Comments

• Chizz said:

Well done to everyone today!

Just one point I'd like to make. Despite the brilliant, witty, yet hard-hitting posters touring SE London today, there is one image that, for me, stands out. Charlton fans being locked out of The Valley. By the club.

Who could imagine that the current regime would be so thoughtless, so uncaring, so, frankly, stupid as to do that?

Our club, that was locked out by ignorant, short-sighted owners in the 80s. Our ground, fought-for by its fans.

For me, there are now three off-field images that illustrate the history of the Valley. Lennie Lawrence waiting by the payphone in 1984. Roger Allen unlocking the gates in 1992. And now, this tarnished, despicable regime choosing to lock out the fans.

A black day. A black and white day. Let's keep winning the battle.

Absolutely agree, Chizz, but unfortunately it will completely miss the radar of Ms Meire! I thought the same when looking at those locked gates and also hearing that someone was prevented from entering the club shop, Seth Plum I think. They really have picked on the wrong club! The resilience, tenacity and inventiveness of Charlton fans will make this regime look fools.
    RD and KM, just go!
  • Roger Alwen
  • PL54 said:

Photos from Sparrows Lane.... The poster, and KM driving throughin photos 4/5, a decent crowd down there . Well done everyone, more later

Few lifers in those pics. Won't name them in case Tony Keohone is reading this and tries to ban them.
    Name and Shame ........;-)

Seriously, sorry I didn't know about today, as said on another thread, I was in Chislehurst.

Keep on keeping on.........
    I thought you were the UP character?
    PL,.......you know me......UP ?
    It's not miles off.
  • What a fantastic effort by all concerned. You guys are what it's all about... The Rat and his pet will go but I guess it's just a question of time. Just had a season ticket renewal from through today, with quotes from present and past Charlton heroes, the comment that struck home was Deano's - "When the valley is packed it's rocking..." Not sure when he said this but I can assure him it could be many years before the Valley is packed and rocking again!!
  • Chizz said:

Just one point I'd like to make. Despite the brilliant, witty, yet hard-hitting posters touring SE London today, there is one image that, for me, stands out. Charlton fans being locked out of The Valley. By the club.

Who could imagine that the current regime would be so thoughtless, so uncaring, so, frankly, stupid as to do that?

Our club, that was locked out by ignorant, short-sighted owners in the 80s. Our ground, fought-for by its fans.

For me, there are now three off-field images that illustrate the history of the Valley. Lennie Lawrence waiting by the payphone in 1984. Roger Alwen unlocking the gates in 1992. And now, this tarnished, despicable regime choosing to lock out the fans.

Powerful stuff.
  • iamdan said:

I hope none of you upset JBG this morning.

Bless him the poor love.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
    Ben - all those bits of gravel in your hand and Katrien's Nissan didn't get a scratch on it. Come on mate, up your game!! :wink:
  • Chizz said:

For me, there are now three off-field images that illustrate the history of the Valley. Lennie Lawrence waiting by the payphone in 1984. Roger Alwen unlocking the gates in 1992. And now, this tarnished, despicable regime choosing to lock out the fans.

Never a truer word spoken.

I have screenshotted this so I can re read it whenever I fancy!
  • Is The Valley usually open on non-match days? I used to run around it when living in SE7, and I always remember the gates being shut (don't remember if they were locked, didn't ever want to try it given it seems silly to get kicked out of a country for trying to break in to an empty football ground).

Either way, the symbolism is incredibly powerful, and my question is not intended to take anything away from that.
  • Ben said:

So I have read CL every day for years and my first post is about throwing stones.

Just to clear this up I was talking to a person in a house on sparrows lane for about 20 mins this morning. A Millwall fan we had some good banter.

We were later trying to park the advan in a better position her bell didn't work so I tried to get her attention with a bit of gravel but failed. I did actually talk to her later on after that again.

No issues really, I am aware of people suggesting I did this. Some people seem very angry with me today.

Don't think you need to justify yourself mate, all who know you would know it's bollox anyway. However, your first post? Why so long?
  • Photos from Sparrows Lane.... The poster, and KM driving throughin photos 4/5, a decent crowd down there . Well done everyone, more later

I must say that my opinion of KM has risen slightly.

A woman driving a Nissan that isn't a micra and appears undented.

I'm not sure, but this might be a world record.
    You need to look closer at the curbed wheels.

• PL54 said:

seth plum said:

P.S.

For stats junkies.

Of the fans out today at least four of us were vegetarians to my knowledge, or about 13%.

You reading this Delaware fecking North?

What percentage were unemployed or students ?

Could be a correlation.
    And your point is?

Surely, individuals are entitled to do as they wish with their time...

For what it's worth I'd suggest there is a 100% correlation with being Charlton fans and being prepared to play their part.
    I'm neither , I was there because I had the week off.
  • Chizz said:

WOW, this has bought tears to my eyes & most definitely deserves a wider audience.
  • Fully agree Seth, a good all round effort by everyone especially when (for obvious reasons) not much notice was given. I am now looking forward to the next protest more than I am looking forward to the Birmingham match. Good to put faces to names on CL even though mine was mostly covered by the "rat" mask..........WE WANT ROLAND, sat WE WANT ROLAND OUT.

• Sponsored links:

• Davo 55, See in the News Shopper that Guy Luzon is still living in London and looking for work. Can we send him an invite to join us at the next protest event ?
  • bloodnut said:

We have gotta be one of, if not the best run football demonstration group going now surely, and i can only see it getting stronger and stronger... There must/can only be one winner.

ROLAND OUT!!!

Survival of the fattest is not an ethos under which Charlton will easily flourish and it may eventually mean that other battles will have to be fought to ensure that The Valley continues to stage first-class football.
    No set of supporters anywhere in the country will be better equipped to meet the challenge.

(These are the final lines in which book?)
  • 25May98 said:

bloodnut said:

We have gotta be one of, if not the best run football demonstration group going now surely, and i can only see it getting stronger and stronger... There must/can only be one winner.

ROLAND OUT!!!

Survival of the fattest is not an ethos under which Charlton will easily flourish and it may eventually mean that other battles will have to be fought to ensure that The Valley continues to stage first-class football.
    No set of supporters anywhere in the country will be better equipped to meet the challenge.

(These are the final lines in which book?)
    Does this mean that those kebabs could go to waste?
  • I have promised myself a few beers the day the Belgians f*** off.
  • edited March 2016
    What a day that will be. But sadly if the owner was even half sane, he would have sold up by now! I doubt he could have achieved a worse outcome if he had set out to do so, such is teh total incompetence and idiocy in all of this.
  • edited March 2016

What a day that will be. But sadly if the owner was even half sane, he would have sold up by now! I doubt he could have achieved a worse outcome if he had set out to do so, such is teh total incompetence and idiocy in all of this.

I am certain the fella will drop a bombshell of monumental proportions, what I do not know, but we are in a terrible situation due to bewildering decision making.
  • edited March 2016

WSS said:

Putting the media team to good use.

What's left of them.
  • So who is this fella then and what exactly was he supposed to be doing? Filming who? For what purpose?