Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sponsors Event 24 March - CARD call for pickets at Sparrows Lane and Valley

Comments

• I'd love to be in a room with this Tony ballbag of a man Keohan, he's now as much of a target as Katrien is as he quite clearly is clueless, thoughtless, careless and comes across very dishonestly.

What would you do in this "room" ?
  • Why 'room' and not just room?
  • SDAddick said:

As to the "why are they filming us?" It's simple really, they're hoping to catch you doing something immoral or illegal and use it as a smear. And you haven't. And I am so proud of all of you there yesterday, and over the past few weeks and months that you have given them NO ammunition.

Taking a step back, as many have on this thread, the notion that relations between the leadership of the club and the supporters have deteriorated so much that we are actively driving away sponsors and they are trying to catch us in the act of doing illegal things, it's maddening and heartbreaking at the same time.

Keohane wants to identify and then ban protestors.
    On what grounds?

• SDAddick said:

As to the "why are they filming us?" It's simple really, they're hoping to catch you doing something immoral or illegal and use it as a smear. And you haven't. And I am so proud of all of you there yesterday, and over the past few weeks and months that you have given them NO ammunition.

Taking a step back, as many have on this thread, the notion that relations between the leadership of the club and the supporters have deteriorated so much that we are actively driving away sponsors and they are trying to catch us in the act of doing illegal things, it's maddening and heartbreaking at the same time.

What's the history with this chap? Sorry, I've seen his name thrown around a few times, sounds like a miserable individual, but I don't know who he is or what he does.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

Seriously?
  • here we go again..............

it was me
  • SDAddick said:

well Tony, if you are reading, I was there protesting in the West Stand car park so ban me if you want, on what grounds I'd like to know as there is a lawful right to protest peacefully, so go on do it. Tosser.
    No don't listen, it was me......
  • Charlton supporting member of staff ordered to go out and film the protests by his bosses.

I don't know Steve but doubt he was very keen and most likely had a lot of other more productive things to do but when you've got Tony the Bully and/or Katrien the Incompetent ordering you around what choice, other than give up his job, does he have?

Steve is not the enemy here.

At the Boro protest in front of the entrance post-match there was presumably the same guy filming from a position behind the barriers. He seemed embarrassed more than anything. There was also a young guy dressed in full official steward uniform with an expensive-looking camera taking shots of the front rows of protesters. When I took out a camera and started taking pictures back of him he looked positively scared.

This is simply the stuff of paranoia isn't it? What on earth are they going to do with the footage/photos? Are they going to try to match the images and photos to names on the Clubs database?
    If so, when the helicopter arrives at The Valley to evacuate Meire will Tony K be left behind to erase any material collected on the fans which might contravene the Data Protection Act?

This just gets more surreal by the hour.
    The senior figures at the club have spiralled out of control and we seem to be witnessing a cataclysmic collapse of management with Katrien Meire somehow seeming not to grasp the seriousness of the situation with what must be damaging projected forecasts in turnover next season and what could be an exodus of some if not all sponsors
    and the response is to use resources to set up a project to identify and record the activities of protesters.

Unbelievable..just....bloody, bloody unbelievable........................!
    I think high profile protesters should pursue the DPA option. Could be embarrassing for the club to have acted illegally.
  • Charlton supporting member of staff ordered to go out and film the protests by his bosses.

I don't know Steve but doubt he was very keen and most likely had a lot of other more productive things to do but when you've got Tony the Bully and/or Katrien the Incompetent ordering you around what choice, other than give up his job, does he have?

Steve is not the enemy here.

At the Boro protest in front of the entrance post-match there was presumably the same guy filming from a position behind the barriers. He seemed embarrassed more than anything. There was also a young guy dressed in full official steward uniform with an expensive-looking camera taking shots of the front rows of protesters. When I took out a camera and started taking pictures back of him he looked positively scared.

This is simply the stuff of paranoia isn't it? What on earth are they going to do with the footage/photos? Are they going to try to match the images and photos to names on the Clubs database?
    If so, when the helicopter arrives at The Valley to evacuate Meire will Tony K be left behind to erase any material collected on the fans which might contravene the Data Protection Act?

This just gets more surreal by the hour.
    The senior figures at the club have spiralled out of control and we seem to be witnessing a cataclysmic collapse of management with Katrien Meire somehow seeming not to grasp the seriousness of the situation with what must be damaging projected forecasts in turnover next season and what could be an exodus of some if not all sponsors
    and the response is to use resources to set up a project to identify and record the activities of protesters.

Unbelievable..just....bloody, bloody unbelievable........................!
    I think high profile protesters should pursue the DPA option. Could be embarrassing for the club to have acted illegally.
    Your image in public is not covered by the dpa. There are no laws against filming or taking photos of people just for general purposes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is that right? Even if you have children with you?
  • edited March 2016
    Yep. If your doing it for harassment or indecency or other criminal intent reasons then of course it's illegal but comes under different laws.
    Your image in public is not personal data. If it was, CCTV couldn't exist and journalists and photographers couldn't do their jobs.
  • SDAddick said:

Ban me from where exactly? I ain't used my season card since December and won't be buying one until this lot piss off.
  • vffvff
    edited March 2016

Roland only has 2 rules:

1) Roland is always right.
    2) In the event of Roland being wrong, rule 1 applies.

Some additional rules @andynelson

3) Roland is Charlton Athletic if you are not supporting Roland, you are not supporting Charlton Athletic.

4) Everyone needs to view the way the world Roland does as he is a genius & visionary.

5) You are either with or against Roland and should be for him due to his 'unique' vision and intellect. Anyone who questions the strategy or plan in anyway is against Roland and as per 3) is an enemy of Charlton Athletic.

6) If Roland's unique strategy doesn't go right it is not the strategy at fault but the execution of it by employees

7) The head coach need to work on the budget set and never complain that it is not enough to the press or question the strategy. If they do, it is a firing offence.

8a) Roland lets all his managers & employees get on with it & doesn't interfere or override decisions....

8b) Except when he frequently does. The employee (or anyone) should never comment on it or acknowledge when it happens. If they do it is a firing offence.

9) Employees unquestioning loyalty to Roland is expected and if achieved will override incompetence, inexperience or ineptness in the job.
  • DRAddick said:

Yep. If your doing it for harassment or indecency or other criminal intent reasons then of course it's illegal but comes under different laws.
    Your image in public is not personal data. If it was, CCTV couldn't exist and journalists and photographers couldn't do their jobs.

Years ago, the comedian Mark Thomas, requested filming of himself by the police using DPA. He just had to pay for the video. It was a while ago though, so the law may have changed.

I think it is about use because if you use it in a profile of an individual, like trying to identify and ban people, then surely that counts as personal information? This wasn't just random filming of the public, it was targeted. But I am no way certain in this

The DPA act might be something to follow up in general. Overload the club with requests about all stored personal data from individuals, they legally have to turn over all records.
    Yeah organisations use dpa forms when the information is requested as it is stored data, even though technically your image isn't personal data. However the dpa itself doesn't legally cover the actual recording of the images in the first place. There's no such thing as breaking the dpa because you filmed people.
  • DRAddick said:

Your image in public is not covered by the dpa. There are no laws against filming or taking photos of people just for general purposes.
    I'm sure, yes, that it is correct that there are no laws against filming or taking photos of people but if you start to create files on people using your own 'customer' data base i.e. using names, addresses and information collected for season ticket or commercial purposes for a secondary database that you might wish to have as an internal document or pass to a security firm say then I strongly suspect that it would contravene DPA. I say, suspect but don't actually know.
    It seems logical that any filming (and it definitely took place at the Boro West Stand protest) is being analysed by somebody at the club otherwise what would be the point?
    I did try to get an answer on this point direct from the club at the ground on the Monday morning following Boro but there was nobody in who could deal with the inquiry and I was referred to the info@ e-mail address at the front desk.