Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

JBG - you goon

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

Ha ha ha @C4FC4L1f3 see my last post.

as I said:

"I will pay for you next time but don't expect to be allowed to have a beer when everyone else is! I would genuinely pay to see how pissed off you would look!"

We are off out there again before the end of the season! I think you would be amazed regarding the time and effort that went it to it - we didn't just rock up and stroll in.

I have a baby on the way so cash is tight - but I felt and feel it is worth the expense.

I will continue to put getting Roland out of our club over everything else. regardless of the abuse I have got regarding Belgium and the on the pitch protest.

Some things work some things don't that's life.

It is very easy to sit and judge people and criticize - it is a lot harder to actually get involved!

• edited March 2016

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Where has he had a pop at the 20?

A few of the 20 have been on here talking about how much booze was consumed and how much of a laugh they had!

We need to stop slinging insults at each other for having different ways of expressing resistance of the Regime.

No point calling each other goons (your comment), telling each other to fuck off (goonerhater) or insinuating people should be at the ground to support the team/protest when that's not always affordable time or cost wise for many people. (quite a few others)

It doesn't exactly paint a united front.

Feck me mate - after all the money spent (fans money I hasten to add),travelling,organising planning, reccying, wondering if we were going to get arrested/beaten up, work around leafleting/translating and all the other sundries - what do you want us to do AFTER the game - go to Church ??!!

Tell you what - you do it next time - you didn't seem to be high on the list of people wanting to go there this time.
    Nope not criticising those that went, if I could afford a trip to Belgium for a booze up and to hold up a banner, I'd definitely have been there.

Sadly I can't justify that kind of a spend up... All I have inferred is that it was quite clear based on posts you boys had a good time.
    Well, don't try and twist it so that we went on a Belgian Beano - and just held up a banner - you've made yourself look stupid.
    I'm going to stop responding on this thread, but you did indeed go on a Belgian Beano as you put it, you just threw in some well needed protests as well.

A lot of us are thankful that fans like yourselves can protest when we cannot, however I don't agree with the creation of a divide when there is a difference in opinion, throwing round insults because people didn't jump on the leave on 74 band wagon, or picking on fans who are still renewing.

Just try and tell me you didn't have a great trip... I know I would have had a great time, based on the hilarious recounts that were posted at the time.

:lol:
  • how great do you think it was for those of us who sat there worrying what the blowback was going to be from giving there names and addresses to the police?

If you had see how nervous we were at the lead up to the game you would understand that the great time came after when we realised we had pulled it off.

• se9addick said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Ha ha ha @C4FC4L1f3 see my last post.

as I said:

"I will pay for you next time but don't expect to be allowed to have a beer when everyone else is! I would genuinely pay to see how pissed off you would look!"

We are off out there again before the end of the season! I think you would be amazed regarding the time and effort that went it to it - we didn't just rock up and stroll in.

I have a baby on the way so cash is tight - but I felt and feel it is worth the expense.

I will continue to put getting Roland out of our club over everything else. regardless of the abuse I have got regarding Belgium and the on the pitch protest.

Some things work some things don't that's life.

It is very easy to sit and judge people and criticize - it is a lot harder to actually get involved!

you'd make a terrible secret agent @C4FC4L1f3 !
    It wont be a secret this time :)
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

shine166 said:

Disgraceful that a player would fail to acknowledge one of the 20

Does he not know that these guys travelled to Belgium, had a jolly and hung a flag ? The cheek of having a go at a pitch invader after we just went 1-0 up... Anyone would think he wants to win
    Says someone who....

1) Didn't go to Belgium
    2) Now wants to have a pop at the fans who DID go to Belgium
    3) Appears to have done nothing towards trying to help the protests.
    3) Clearly judging from your post on the CARD thread wasn't even at the game yesterday..."Well if they were watching the same cameras as me, several looks kinda generous.. Even the grim reaper looked like he was trying to work out if he should walk or not."

Did you walk out of your armchair on 74 mins then ?

Do we have another goon ?
    If only we had thousands of supporters that criticized so called cowards for trying to arrange things and get things done!

That would get Rolland out!

Looks like me and you need to take a step back Mate and let people like SHG take over the protests :)
    Deflecting the blame is always a good tactic. Well done.

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

shine166 said:

Disgraceful that a player would fail to acknowledge one of the 20

Does he not know that these guys travelled to Belgium, had a jolly and hung a flag ? The cheek of having a go at a pitch invader after we just went 1-0 up... Anyone would think he wants to win
    Says someone who....

1) Didn't go to Belgium
    2) Now wants to have a pop at the fans who DID go to Belgium
    3) Appears to have done nothing towards trying to help the protests.
    3) Clearly judging from your post on the CARD thread wasn't even at the game yesterday..."Well if they were watching the same cameras as me, several looks kinda generous.. Even the grim reaper looked like he was trying to work out if he should walk or not."

Did you walk out of your armchair on 74 mins then ?

Do we have another goon ?
    If only we had thousands of supporters that criticized so called cowards for trying to arrange things and get things done!

That would get Rolland out!

Looks like me and you need to take a step back Mate and let people like SHG take over the protests :)
    Deflecting the blame is always a good tactic. Well done.

What blame ??!!
  • The problem with a planned pitch invasion, is that the circumstances may not be right. Had we been 2-0 down, then there might have been quite a few go on. I must admit, I was hoping it didn’t materialise as it just didn’t feel the right thing to do at the time. I do have sympathy for the couple that did run on – they are showing their anger and passion. And I hope there is an understanding of that in terms of any punishment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely ridiculous thread.

By far our best player should not be playing for us. I agree with him giving back to the pitch invader considering he was acting like a complete div giving it to our players going 1-0 up, there's me thinking we was protesting against RD & KM. Harriott had just as much of a go at him as JBG did.

Spoke to JBG plenty of times at events, very serious guy however i recall him once saying to me "He wants US to go places"... never said just him.

To call him "Shit" is a absolute joke. You will see when next year when we are more than likely in League 1 and He is in the Premiership.

Again a player stating we have 9 cup finals doesn't care does he?

Lets not get carried away, he is not good enough for the Premiership.

Absolutely ridiculous thread.

By far our best player should not be playing for us. I agree with him giving back to the pitch invader considering he was acting like a complete div giving it to our players going 1-0 up, there's me thinking we was protesting against RD & KM. Harriott had just as much of a go at him as JBG did.

Spoke to JBG plenty of times at events, very serious guy however i recall him once saying to me "He wants US to go places"... never said just him.

To call him "Shit" is a absolute joke. You will see when next year when we are more than likely in League 1 and He is in the Premiership.

I am not going to comment on the rest of this disastrous thread, but re JBG

1. He is an integral part of the Iceland team that saw off both the Czechs and the Dutch. So I got to see him live in those games. He was excellent. Don't tell me that opposition isn't up to Prem level, even if the Dutch disgraced themselves.

2. JBG was hoodwinked into signing in the summer. As others who have met him have confirmed, he's a reasonably bright bloke by football standards. He won't have taken kindly to this. I won't condone his lack of consistency but if you've been sold a pup by this regime and have Euro 2016 coming up, on behalf of a country for whom that is monumental, I'm not sure I'd be 100% either.

I think you've answered it yourself - The Dutch were an embarrassment to themselves, and the Czechs I don't think are that brilliant. I bet he doesn't get on much (if at all), and if he does, he wont do much.
    Lets see.
    I bet you a fiver to the Protest Fund that he is considered not to be a success.
  • To be honest when I met Johann after one of last season's games and I asked him when is he back from injury he didn't seem to pleased to see me in his way! I thought we pay his wages and the least me could do is be nice back to me so this doesn't surprise me at all.
  • edited March 2016
    JBG will have a field day in League 1 next season.
  • uie2 said:

To be honest when I met Johann after one of last season's games and I asked him when is he back from injury he didn't seem to pleased to see me in his way! I thought we pay his wages and the least me could do is be nice back to me so this doesn't surprise me at all.

JBG Was at Eltham Addicks last season and good value for it. I got the impression that he is not a "dyed in the wool" supporter of football fans, but was open, friendly and forthright during that meeting. I am disappointed by his performances this season but he has still managed a league best 11 assists. Anyone that saw him come on last season at half time home to Leeds will know what an excellent Championship player he is.

I would question if he is good enough for the Prem. I don't think he has the pace, but he is good enough for a lower Prem to take a chance on him and see if he steps up to the plate.

As for next season, I believe that he has a non promotion clause so i doubt he will be here regardless of our division (Unless we win the play offs which I think we may still have a mathematical chance of).
  • PaddyP17 said:

Lol why are we all so keen to rip into each other?

To JBG though - and I have no shame in admitting that he's one of my favourite players, albeit often quite frustrating. Quicker than he looks; a fantastic striker of the ball; intelligent decision-maker; fearless in taking players on... BUT can be so anonymous during his poorer games that he creeps onto Interpol's missing persons list the following day.

People saying stuff like "take away his assists and what does he offer" - well, as a midfield player, that's pretty much the entire job description. He sets up goals! And does a great job of it!

I would love it if he stayed next season and was in the mood every game, but his nature is to be a bit hot and cold. Defences also know that he's actually quite good at football, and wisen up to how he plays. So that's a little problematic - but I'll be sad to see him go

Great post, sums up my views towards him. I was not ripping into anybody just saying I do not think he is a premiership quality player.
  • I was more surprised that JBG almost tackled the guy, now that would have been a first, typical Scandinavian (just like the lanky Danish blond one) who shy's away from possibly getting hurt. Although I did think yesterdasy was JBG's best performance for a long time.
  • sarge1g said:

I was more surprised that JBG almost tackled the guy, now that would have been a first, typical Scandinavian (just like the lanky Danish blond one) who shy's away from possibly getting hurt. Although I did think yesterdasy was JBG's best performance for a long time.

Best since Rotherham away. He was excellent in that one.
  • edited March 2016

PaddyP17 said:

Lol why are we all so keen to rip into each other?

To JBG though - and I have no shame in admitting that he's one of my favourite players, albeit often quite frustrating. Quicker than he looks; a fantastic striker of the ball; intelligent decision-maker; fearless in taking players on... BUT can be so anonymous during his poorer games that he creeps onto Interpol's missing persons list the following day.

People saying stuff like "take away his assists and what does he offer" - well, as a midfield player, that's pretty much the entire job description. He sets up goals! And does a great job of it!

I would love it if he stayed next season and was in the mood every game, but his nature is to be a bit hot and cold. Defences also know that he's actually quite good at football, and wisen up to how he plays. So that's a little problematic - but I'll be sad to see him go

Great post, sums up my views towards him. I was not ripping into anybody just saying I do not think he is a premiership quality player.
    No, not saying that you're ripping into anyone yourself - but there's a lot of in-fighting that gets a bit too petty. Fair enough to have a discussion about it.

Personally, I think he COULD be a Prem player, but probably not a consistent one, or one who starts every game. And certainly not an overwhelmingly good Prem player.
  • sarge1g said:

I was more surprised that JBG almost tackled the guy, now that would have been a first, typical Scandinavian (just like the lanky Danish blond one) who shy's away from possibly getting hurt. Although I did think yesterdasy was JBG's best performance for a long time.

Rommedahl or Claus Jensen?

Strangely all of our Scandinavian midfielders over the last few years hate to tackle
  • Sponsored links:

• sarge1g said:

Ah yes, he hates tackling. Just like that time he not only went into a slide tackle in added time, not only won it, not only came away with it but went and spanked it straight into the corner for a winner. He's not exactly Mr Rough House but that's why we let Cousins and Diarra provide the muscle and JBG add the sparkle. Him crashing around tackling everyone is a total waste of his talents, he'll stick the boot in but I want him to have players (trying to) tackle HIM, not the other way round.

Rommedahl on the other hand, he genuinely was just soft. I mean, ducking OUT of a free header from pure fear? Come on, man.
  • Anyone reckon jbg played better yesterday than in previous games due to being on TV and putting himself on the shop window.... ??
  • Nope because the shop window isnt open and doesnt open for some months yet so people will have noticed him just wont be paying too much attention

If anything he'll need to use the Euros to get himself in the shop window
  • edited March 2016
    thenewbie said:

sarge1g said:

Ah yes, he hates tackling. Just like that time he not only went into a slide tackle in added time, not only won it, not only came away with it but went and spanked it straight into the corner for a winner. He's not exactly Mr Rough House but that's why we let Cousins and Diarra provide the muscle and JBG add the sparkle. Him crashing around tackling everyone is a total waste of his talents, he'll stick the boot in but I want him to have players (trying to) tackle HIM, not the other way round.

Rommedahl on the other hand, he genuinely was just soft. I mean, ducking OUT of a free header from pure fear? Come on, man.
    Smashed a equaliser edit, I wrote an essay and winky face but only posted "smashed a equaliser" can't bothered to write again.
  • colin1961 said:

The bloke was an idiot first going up to Gudmunnson and then Diarra .....

Are they the players he went up to? Been bugging me for nearly 24 hours now. Glad somebody has pointed it out at last....
  • edited March 2016

I am not going to comment on the rest of this disastrous thread, but re JBG

1. He is an integral part of the Iceland team that saw off both the Czechs and the Dutch. So I got to see him live in those games. He was excellent. Don't tell me that opposition isn't up to Prem level, even if the Dutch disgraced themselves.

2. JBG was hoodwinked into signing in the summer. As others who have met him have confirmed, he's a reasonably bright bloke by football standards. He won't have taken kindly to this. I won't condone his lack of consistency but if you've been sold a pup by this regime and have Euro 2016 coming up, on behalf of a country for whom that is monumental, I'm not sure I'd be 100% either.

I think you've answered it yourself - The Dutch were an embarrassment to themselves, and the Czechs I don't think are that brilliant. I bet he doesn't get on much (if at all), and if he does, he wont do much.
    Lets see.
    I bet you a fiver to the Protest Fund that he is considered not to be a success.
    A fiver? Come on, I don't get out of bed for less than fifty on here:-) And I've paid up, twice.

So, how are we going to define "success" and when?

As for the Czechs, well I don't think the match is going to happen, but I will definitely lay you fifty that the Czechs beat England in Euro 16. In fact, I'd probably back Iceland too. In both cases you have teams with an excellent coach who has moulded them into more than the sum of their parts. The Czechs often disappoint, but when they are on song, you underestimate them at your peril. Especially on the lightning counter-attack, which is a perennial English weakness.

State your terms of reference, and you are on. If the bets run on after the protest fund is wound up, we pay the Upbeats instead.

• LuckyReds said:

HandG said:

He looked decidedly pissed off at the start when the beach balls were flying everywhere and spent much of the three minutes staring at the covered end with disdain. He clearly doesn't empathise with the protests and I dare say can't wait to get away from the Valley at the end of the season....

Personally JBG was one of my favourite players but more recently he's looked pretty moody and has shaken his head at the fans a few times.

I can understand a player being pissed off with the situation but compared to how the others are dealing with it I can't help but see him as a bit of a child now.
    He's just a mercenary. He has no interest in CAFC! He just wants his monthly pay cheque and to keep fit for the Euro's with the might that is Iceland! Has hardly pulled his weight at all this season and will be itching to get out of the door in the summer
  • edited March 2016

LuckyReds said:

HandG said:

He looked decidedly pissed off at the start when the beach balls were flying everywhere and spent much of the three minutes staring at the covered end with disdain. He clearly doesn't empathise with the protests and I dare say can't wait to get away from the Valley at the end of the season....

Personally JBG was one of my favourite players but more recently he's looked pretty moody and has shaken his head at the fans a few times.

I can understand a player being pissed off with the situation but compared to how the others are dealing with it I can't help but see him as a bit of a child now.
    He's just a mercenary. He has no interest in CAFC! He just wants his monthly pay cheque and to keep fit for the Euro's with the might that is Iceland! Has hardly pulled his weight at all this season and will be itching to get out of the door in the summer
    You've done it now!!! For my own personal amusement, I await a response from his number 1 fan. I give it until 6.30.
  • So, is he an Arsenal fan or not?
    That was the OP's point wasn't it?