Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

JBG - you goon

Comments

• Blimey, he must care then?
  • The only problem Johann has is that teams know how well he can strike the ball when he gets a clean sight of goal (He had a brilliant effort in the first half and a bit further to the Goalkeeper's left and that would have been 1-0).

Because of that he's instantly crowded out when he gets close to the penalty area so its understandable he's only got two goals with one strangely being a header seeing that he's even shorter than Chris Solly

Only disappointing thing about him for the majority of the season have been his set pieces.
  • A great footballer , who even though he has under performed and not put enough effort in in some games has some nice stats re assists .
    How many goals has he got this season compared to last year when he played up a level IMO compared to this season
  • I'd also expect as less of an unknown quantity this year teams have really picked him out as a threat so a lot of the time he gets less time on the ball as he two players on him straight away.

Still does not excuse them corner however.
  • I'd also expect as less of an unknown quantity this year teams have really picked him out as a threat so a lot of the time he gets less time on the ball as he two players on him straight away.

Still does not excuse them corner however.

Agreed... Any corner that comes in should beat the first man.

Fair enough the occasional corner will be hit low to try to catch the opposition unaware but not every bloody one of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Actually if you look at the stats JBG has been just as effective this season than last.

In 14/15 he scored 10 goals and got 4 assists

In 15/16 he has scored 3 goals and has 10 assists, with 9 games left. So in just under 2 seasons in a poor team he has had a direct influence in us scoring 27 times, a quarter of all our goals since he joined
  • sam3110 said:

Actually if you look at the stats JBG has been just as effective this season than last.

In 15/16 he has scored 3 goals and has 10 assists, with 9 games left. So in just under 2 seasons in a poor team he has had a direct influence in us scoring 27 times, a quarter of all our goals since he joined

You can prove anything with facts! Why is he not constantly running around the pitch like a passionate headless chicken.
  • sam3110 said:

Actually if you look at the stats JBG has been just as effective this season than last.

You can prove anything with facts! Why is he not constantly running around the pitch like a passionate headless chicken.
    Sign me and I'll run round the pitch like a passionate headless chicken.

What we need is someone with the skill to suddenly change the match which is what JBG does
  • JBG looked a bit neutral about the victory when the close up was on Riga celebrating the final whistle. Just looked like he didn't care, or he knows the fat lady is already singing.
  • edited March 2016

Of course JBG put a shift in yesterday, he was in the worlds biggest shop window...

not really with BTshowing other games that were more important to the footballing world than ours.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Of course JBG put a shift in yesterday, he was in the worlds biggest shop window...

not really with BBC showing other games that were more important to the footballing world than ours.
    Both of the FA Cup games were on BT Sport yesterday ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Great player but as he has shown a few times this season he is a bit of a muppet.
  • The guy who ran on the pitch won't be at football for 3 years and will get a few hundred quid fine---- yet gets slagged off on here ??? Do fuck off

Do you need to tell other fans and forum users you disagree with to fuck off?

Nope. You don't need to do that. You could just say you're baffled by their opinions.

• The rules are simple... You dont go on the pitch.

Wrestling is without doubt... Fake... yet as a fan if you go into the ring they beat the hell out of you for doing it, no different with any other Sports, if you enter the playing field then your breaking the law

My favourite fan invasion.
    https://youtu.be/CJpuNmqGCc4

You can't blame the players, especially since a tenis player got stabbed in the 90s by a fan getting on the court.
  • I doubt JBG gives a toss about the protests one way or the other. He's a talented player at Championship level and if he had another yard of pace would be bench warming somewhere in the Premiership.

As for confronting the pitch invader. It's no more than I would expect from someone that doesn't have a clue about the real Charlton and probably doesn't care either.
  • not condoning the aggression in any way but I can sympathise with both him and JBG.

am sure he looked back and waved others on as if to say "well I've run on, where's everyone else?" and then may have panicked a bit and when he was confronted, leading to the aggression.

from JBG's perspective, we'd just taken the lead and I'm sure he cares enough to think that we could win this which is why he remonstrated with said supporter.

we will miss JBG when he's gone.
  • SHG - you're not much of a fan of the pitch invasion are you !!? Feck me, I've never known someone to point out so much that it is illegal - are we all children, that you need to lecture them ?

Also, you all seem to be going on about the bloke who got 3 years - IT WASNT HIM ! - it was the other bloke !! Amazing how things get twisted to suit their so called 'point'

TBH, my view re JBG is that whenever I've seen him play, I've had to double check during the game to make sure he was still on the pitch.
    AND his corners are s**t.

Good riddance imo - lets hope we get some money for him.