Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

JBG - you goon

Comments

• TBH, my view re JBG is that whenever I've seen him play, I've had to double check during the game to make sure he was still on the pitch.
    AND his corners are s**t.

Good riddance imo - lets hope we get some money for him.

He says the day after a JBG corner helped win a game.
  • Absolutely ridiculous thread.

By far our best player should not be playing for us. I agree with him giving back to the pitch invader considering he was acting like a complete div giving it to our players going 1-0 up, there's me thinking we was protesting against RD & KM. Harriott had just as much of a go at him as JBG did.

Spoke to JBG plenty of times at events, very serious guy however i recall him once saying to me "He wants US to go places"... never said just him.

To call him "Shit" is a absolute joke. You will see when next year when we are more than likely in League 1 and He is in the Premiership.

Again a player stating we have 9 cup finals doesn't care does he?

Lets not get carried away, he is not good enough for the Premiership.

By far our best player should not be playing for us. I agree with him giving back to the pitch invader considering he was acting like a complete div giving it to our players going 1-0 up, there's me thinking we was protesting against RD & KM. Harriott had just as much of a go at him as JBG did.

Spoke to JBG plenty of times at events, very serious guy however i recall him once saying to me "He wants US to go places"... never said just him.

To call him "Shit" is a absolute joke. You will see when next year when we are more than likely in League 1 and He is in the Premiership.

Last season people felt he was, I feel the same about him now as I did then, in a good side he'll boss it, with us he'll show in flashes.
  • Disgraceful that a player would fail to acknowledge one of the 20

Does he not know that these guys travelled to Belgium, had a jolly and hung a flag ? The cheek of having a go at a pitch invader after we just went 1-0 up... Anyone would think he wants to win
  • SHG - you're not much of a fan of the pitch invasion are you !!? Feck me, I've never known someone to point out so much that it is illegal - are we all children, that you need to lecture them ?

Also, you all seem to be going on about the bloke who got 3 years - IT WASNT HIM ! - it was the other bloke !! Amazing how things get twisted to suit their so called 'point'

TBH, my view re JBG is that whenever I've seen him play, I've had to double check during the game to make sure he was still on the pitch.

No I wasn't a fan of the invasion in principle because I always felt it could do at least as much harm than good.

As for the two that ran on. Good on them for feeling that was the right thing to do.

I havnt "lectured" anyone. All I pointed out is that it could have personal consequences and don't be swayed by people egging you on because most of them wouldn't be doing it themselves. I think that view has been pretty well vindicated.

Agree re JBG. I think he would disappear in a puff of smoke in Rochdale.

So your telling me he would be good enough to be in a Norwich, Villa, Sunderland & West Brom squad when he is on top form?

He is leading the championship for most assists when playing in a god awful team..
  • ChiAddick said:

The fan who got man handled off the pitch told him to 'show some f***ing passion'

The bloke is on Facebook saying he said exactly this. Was given a 3 year ban and court on Tuesday for a fine.
    Good, he also gave it large to Boro players. No right on the pitch and deserves everything he gets.
  • We've scored 34 League goals
    JBG has 10 League assists
    JBG scored 3 League goals

He assists a 1/3 of all our goals.
  • sam3110 said:

Actually if you look at the stats JBG has been just as effective this season than last.

In 14/15 he scored 10 goals and got 4 assists

In 15/16 he has scored 3 goals and has 10 assists, with 9 games left. So in just under 2 seasons in a poor team he has had a direct influence in us scoring 27 times, a quarter of all our goals since he joined

You can prove anything with facts! Why is he not constantly running around the pitch like a passionate headless chicken.
    Don't let facts get in the way of unsupported bias views :-)

So your telling me he would be good enough to be in a Norwich, Villa, Sunderland & West Brom squad when he is on top form?

He is leading the championship for most assists when playing in a god awful team..
    Lol, you appear to have answered your own question, three of the four teams you mention could, and probably will be playing in the Championship next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:

Disgraceful that a player would fail to acknowledge one of the 20

Does he not know that these guys travelled to Belgium, had a jolly and hung a flag ? The cheek of having a go at a pitch invader after we just went 1-0 up... Anyone would think he wants to win
    Says someone who....

1) Didn't go to Belgium
    2) Now wants to have a pop at the fans who DID go to Belgium
    3) Appears to have done nothing towards trying to help the protests.
    3) Clearly judging from your post on the CARD thread wasn't even at the game yesterday..."Well if they were watching the same cameras as me, several looks kinda generous.. Even the grim reaper looked like he was trying to work out if he should walk or not."

Did you walk out of your armchair on 74 mins then ?

Do we have another goon ?

Lol, you appear to have answered your own question, three of the four teams you mention could, and probably will be playing in the Championship next year.
    But I'm talking about this year?

So if you want to be like that,

Burnely, Boro & Hull go up ... you are telling me JBG wouldn't be good enough for their squads???

Burnely, Boro & Hull go up ... you are telling me JBG wouldn't be good enough for their squads???
    Clearly not good enough for the Prem. How can he be when he's sh&t in the Championship.
  • Dazzler21 said:

TBH, my view re JBG is that whenever I've seen him play, I've had to double check during the game to make sure he was still on the pitch.

Its about time he got one right - a ratio of about 1 in 10 aint bad is it !!??

He might squeak into the Burnley, Boro & Hull teams but I would not say a shoe in. He is too good for League 1 so lets pick this up again when he leaves.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Its about time he got one right - a ratio of about 1 in 10 aint bad is it !!??
    not when his other play has led to a third of our entire goal haul no.
  • shine166 said:

Disgraceful that a player would fail to acknowledge one of the 20

Says someone who....

1) Didn't go to Belgium
    2) Now wants to have a pop at the fans who DID go to Belgium
    3) Appears to have done nothing towards trying to help the protests.
    3) Clearly judging from your post on the CARD thread wasn't even at the game yesterday..."Well if they were watching the same cameras as me, several looks kinda generous.. Even the grim reaper looked like he was trying to work out if he should walk or not."

Did you walk out of your armchair on 74 mins then ?

Do we have another goon ?
    If only we had thousands of supporters that criticized so called cowards for trying to arrange things and get things done!

That would get Rolland out!

Looks like me and you need to take a step back Mate and let people like SHG take over the protests :)
  • It would be a lot easier to get outraged if we knew exactly what he said.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Where has he had a pop at the 20?

A few of the 20 have been on here talking about how much booze was consumed and how much of a laugh they had!

We need to stop slinging insults at each other for having different ways of expressing resistance of the Regime.

No point calling each other goons (your comment), telling each other to fuck off (goonerhater) or insinuating people should be at the ground to support the team/protest when that's not always affordable time or cost wise for many people. (quite a few others)

It doesn't exactly paint a united front.

Feck me mate - after all the money spent (fans money I hasten to add),travelling,organising planning, reccying, wondering if we were going to get arrested/beaten up, work around leafleting/translating and all the other sundries - what do you want us to do AFTER the game - go to Church ??!!

Tell you what - you do it next time - you didn't seem to be high on the list of people wanting to go there this time.
  • Sponsored links:

• JBG is great friends with Gylfi Sigurðsson who plays for Swansea (Apparently he was in the Away end when Swansea played Queens Park Rangers last season), if those two combine well for Iceland in the Euros this summer I'd put money on him potentially going there... they'd suit him too
  • ChiAddick said:

The fan who got man handled off the pitch told him to 'show some f***ing passion'

The bloke is on Facebook saying he said exactly this. Was given a 3 year ban and court on Tuesday for a fine.
    So much for the club/police not intervening in pitch invasions.
  • Dazzler21 said:

A few of the 20 have been on here talking about how much booze was consumed and how much of a laugh they had!

We need to stop slinging insults at each other for having different ways of expressing resistance of the Regime.

No point calling each other goons (your comment), telling each other to fuck off (goonerhater) or insinuating people should be at the ground to support the team/protest when that's not always affordable time or cost wise for many people. (quite a few others)

So spend over £600 to protest in Belgium - it is a roaring success! but make sure not to drink after the match and have a good time :)

Yeah right mate!

I will pay for you next time but don't expect to be allowed to have a beer when everyone else is! I would genuinely pay to see how pissed off you would look!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Feck me mate - after all the money spent (fans money I hasten to add),travelling,organising planning, reccying, wondering if we were going to get arrested/beaten up, work around leafleting/translating and all the other sundries - what do you want us to do AFTER the game - go to Church ??!!

Tell you what - you do it next time - you didn't seem to be high on the list of people wanting to go there this time.
    Nope not criticising those that went, if I could afford a trip to Belgium for a booze up and to hold up a banner, I'd definitely have been there.

Sadly I can't justify that kind of a spend up... All I have inferred is that it was quite clear based on posts you boys had a good time.
  • Tell you what, yesterday I was wearing my STVV scarf (mainly because my Charlton and B&W scarves I gave away in Belgium as goodwill - yeah,boring,innit, talking about Belgium!) - and I had so many people come up to me and ask 'were you one of the ones who went to Belgium?' and for them to say thank you so much for what you did .
    I found it quite humbling tbh.
  • edited March 2016

Tell you what, yesterday I was wearing my STVV scarf (mainly because my Charlton and B&W scarves I gave away in Belgium as goodwill - yeah,boring,innit, talking about Belgium!) - and I had so many people come up to me and ask 'were you one of the ones who went to Belgium?' and for them to say thank you so much for what you did .
    I found it quite humbling tbh.

Katrien and a lot on here it seems, would find that WEIRD!
  • edited March 2016
    Ha ha ha @C4FC4L1f3 see my last post.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Nope not criticising those that went, if I could afford a trip to Belgium for a booze up and to hold up a banner, I'd definitely have been there.

Sadly I can't justify that kind of a spend up... All I have inferred is that it was quite clear based on posts you boys had a good time.
    Well, don't try and twist it so that we went on a Belgian Beano - and just held up a banner - you've made yourself look stupid.