Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC STATEMENT

Comments

• So now the Trust should issue a public statement asking to meet with Roland again. See what happens this time. And then publicise what happens.

This is the time to seize the moment! Trust and Roland at the table, not Meire or RM. I know it won't happen but it will show up the liar she is even more.
    Such a pathetic statement as all above have said. Totally out of her depth. As we have said before: 'Never underestimate Charlton Fans!' But she has!
  • Mel Baroni was by all accounts told of the depth of the schism between fans and club at the Bromley meeting. However as soon as we get a home win, and are trying to sell season tickets she is responsible for this statement.
    I am struggling to see why she should be cut slack about her job simply because she is nice, we've already had that trick played on us by Katrien.
  • "Saddened by the situation which has led to......" : this SHOULD mean that the CLUB's owners accept that THEY and their STRATEGY are at fault but I fully expect that they are;
    (A) blaming player performances this season for the lack of points or
    (B) blaming the poor attitude of the 'customers' or (most likely)
    (C) attempting to demonstrate to the footballing authorities that they know it looks bad and is likely to result in a fine/sanction.

Whatever the meaning/purpose, nothing will change. Please just goooooooooooo!
  • edited March 2016

So now the Trust should issue a public statement asking to meet with Roland again. See what happens this time. And then publicise what happens.

This is the time to seize the moment! Trust and Roland at the table, not Meire or RM. I know it won't happen but it will show up the liar she is even more.
    Such a pathetic statement as all above have said. Totally out of her depth. As we have said before: 'Never underestimate Charlton Fans!' But she has!
    This ^ call her bluff and or get the full facts and out there to the media once again plus time line regarding previous broken promises to have meaningful discussions.

We can't let this this load of waffle go without a response and any such meeting should be on our terms as well not the usual, going through the motions, stage managed, power point, cover up.
  • Her smirking when the balls went onto the pitch got my goat. Seriously she really thinks this is funny
  • Sponsored links:

• It doesn't smell genuine to me either.

RD in his video pronouncement continued to promote the idea that fans would participate in developing something called "the matchday experience" which appears in his mind to be totally unconnected with what happens on the pitch.

I had a great "matchday experience" yesterday, best for a long time, the only thing they did towards it, was to run the club into the ground for the last two years.
  • Is that a pig flying over?
  • Pointless talking to them because the owner has his own agenda and the management team is incompetent. Neither will be changed by talking.

Let's also remember that when incompetence was raised by the MPs during their meet and great with KM, suggestions of incompetence were laughed off by KM because "it's a very well run club".
  • HarryLime said:

no Sacksville-Baggins from the ticket office

LOL!!

Love the LotR reference.

Last thing any meeting would need is someone standing up to defend "their boss" and to say how they were the bestest boss they've ever had, or whatever that public rimming was that our Crystal Palace supporting ticket manager spouted.
  • LuckyReds said:

TEL said:

LuckyReds said:

Lets face it this is a statement for the press. Ever since Katrien realised, or was told, that her name was dirt amongst the supporters she vanished. All we've had since is a few press releases.. That's the entirety of the fan engagement on offer.

Just like Murray's bullshit statement which was a Q&A where he not only wrote the answers, but the questions too. The questions which were totally unrelated. He's yet to make another statement as that failed.

So they brought Roland in. He did his peacemaker impression and vanished as though his job was done. A peacemaker impression that was full of yet more platitudes.. Ones that wouldn't work for the fans but sure as hell contained a press bite or two.

Today they've been utterly embarrassed on Sky. On Social Media we were buzzing and trending - the club don't even attempt to get that kind of activity with their own hash tags anymore! We've demonstrated that we're louder than they are and have a lot of the press on our side now.

No. That statement was probably wrote on Friday evening by Mel before she packed up for the weekend and posted after the media guys conducted their interviews. Lets be honest - today was always going to be painful for them, the only positive was they got to quickly tack on a sentence about gaining 3 points.

I expect Katrien will have a very awkward phone call with Roland coming, first the protests leaked to his local STVV and now they've made a spectacle of a televised football match complete with social media commentary. I expect he may have had a surprise himself today unless he really is so blissfully arrogant that he knows the full circumstances at SE7.

Meanwhile, Mel will log on here tomorrow and make a note on the little notepad she keeps next to her laptop on her desk: "statement didnt work with fans, but forward to press".

Today was good, but the statement means nothing. We go again.

Duchatelet doesnt care a hoot....he has an ulterior motive.....Im sure all will come clear as time passes, we just need to keep up the pressure. The game against Boro was a big win for the fans let alone the result.
    Unfortunately I think you may be right. I guess, rather optimistically, I'm clinging on to the thought that Katrien has played her part of being a "buffer" very well... Too well in fact. That Roland hasn't been made aware of just how severe the situation is, be that due to incompetence or via reporting of deliberately misleading information to him.

If we get to Sheff Weds and everything is the same then we can be under no illusion: Roland is fully aware of the circumstances - his arrogance is such that he stil believes he is in the right, and as such he will continue regardless.

Either way this is a litmus test, and removes any last shred of ignorance as a defence.
    Holloway said this on Sky yesterday. Duchatelet is never here so he has to rely on the bias information he's getting from Katrien.
  • Stig said:

Madz said:

Her smirking when the balls went onto the pitch got my goat. Seriously she really thinks this is funny

Frankly the smirking is great. It's not the genuine smile of someone who is actually happy, it is the contorted grimace of someone who is failing to cope. That smirk gives us two very important messages. 1. We are dealing with a woman who is uncomfortable in her own skin. 2. She doesn't have a clue how to act appropriately. She may think she's putting a brave face on things but in reality she's telling the world how out of her depth she is. Keep laughing, Katy. I do believe that the last laugh will be on you.
    Agreed... that wasnt the look of someone who was finding it funny

That was an uncomfortable smile from someone who didnt have a clue how to react to what was going on.
  • Wow. What a pathetic statement. The clueless idiots. It's just plain weird.
  • Stig said:

Madz said:

Her smirking when the balls went onto the pitch got my goat. Seriously she really thinks this is funny

Frankly the smirking is great. It's not the genuine smile of someone who is actually happy, it is the contorted grimace of someone who is failing to cope. That smirk gives us two very important messages. 1. We are dealing with a woman who is uncomfortable in her own skin. 2. She doesn't have a clue how to act appropriately. She may think she's putting a brave face on things but in reality she's telling the world how out of her depth she is. Keep laughing, Katy. I do believe that the last laugh will be on you.
    And the fact that she has to sit with 2 goons alongside her must surely penetrate even her thick skull that she really is despised here.
  • Sponsored links:

• 'Passive Aggressive' at its very best!
  • HarryLime said:

Call their bluff, Arrange a meeting. RD must attend, no more than 3 from the club and 3 from CAST. No Johnnie Jackson, no Sacksville-Baggins from the ticket office and most importantly a neutral chair, The MP fella? I really don't know though what good could come from it though.

How about @Airman Brown ? He was a local councillor :wink:
  • seth plum said:

Mel Baroni was by all accounts told of the depth of the schism between fans and club at the Bromley meeting. However as soon as we get a home win, and are trying to sell season tickets she is responsible for this statement.
    I am struggling to see why she should be cut slack about her job simply because she is nice, we've already had that trick played on us by Katrien.

She was indeed, Seth, including my own words in her ear during the break, and she said she realised the task is immense. This is her first opportunity of response, albeit verging on bland, and I'm sure she would have preferred thy Sky director NOT to have shown the close-up of KM during the beach-balls insident, but it is a small step towards a better direction from comms.
  • The Trust will probably be interested in the chance of talks. As a member I must say they will be wrong to do so.
  • kentred2 said:

The Trust will probably be interested in the chance of talks. As a member I must say they will be wrong to do so.

Nothing wrong with talks, just not KM. He may want to talk through her, but we should refuse. She has to go.
  • Yep she has to go indeed.
  • Another mealy mouthed statement from the regime, one of many, and like the others, they have no intention of acting upon it I hope CARD will have considered issuing their own press statement, including relaying the number of times attempt to meet or communicate with the the management have been rejected or ignored. Bye the way, that smirk on KM's face was not one of fear, or amusement, it was one of contempt, she knows full well, that, RD will not get out of our club until he has bleed it dry, and left it pennyless like Standard Liege, and that no pathetic" little demonstrations", like yesterday, will force him to change his mind.
  • Seeing as the statement from the club has been made public via the media, can someone from CARD update the media daily on whether the club have made any effort to make contact?
  • CARD/TRUST should respond by saying they will be willing to try dialogue with anew CEO.
    The current incompetentCEO must first be dismissed.
  • Pointless talking to them because the owner has his own agenda and the management team is incompetent. Neither will be changed by talking.

Truth is, their problem is not the same as our problem. For them the problem is how to keep the fans quiet, our problem is how to get rid of the owner and management. Like trying to make oil and water come together I'm afraid.