Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC STATEMENT

NugNug
edited March 2016 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-middlesbrough-club-statement-3005753.aspx

Read a club statement in relation to events at The Valley during the match against Middlesbrough on Sunday afternoon

The club is extremely saddened by the situation which has led to supporters demonstrating ahead of, and during, the match against Middlesbrough on Sunday.

Every supporter has the right to voice their opinion and we are determined to do everything we can to work together with supporters to build our relationship with them and make sure they remain at the heart of this club.

We would like to thank supporters for getting behind the team today as we picked up a valuable three points in our fight to stay in the Championship.

Comments

• What a weird thing to do.

The content is even weiderer.

;-)
  • Well, that's helped a lot with my "what will I do with this empty bucket?" dilemma....

But, I haven't a clue where I'll find enough mouthwash.
  • Strange. Perhaps it's beginning to sink in ? That statement could only have come from Katrein or RD himself. Trouble is it's too little too late.
  • Blah blah blah, we got caned on sky and so now the worst thing we can do is have a pop at the customers.
  • I thought for a minute we were going to get told off for being naughty boys and girls. But no, a nothing statement from the pathetic management.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's also them suggesting (again) that its just about unfortunate results on the pitch:

"The club is extremely saddened by the situation which has led to supporters demonstrating".

• Don't be fooled, it's just another plug for target 20k :open_mouth:
  • The way I read it is the are holding their hands up in an admission of both guilt and acceptance to messing things up, today might just be the straw that starts to break the Belgium back.

Sadly not a chance of them changing
  • "The situation that has led......" They are the situation that has led.

"Work together with supporters......." Even though pretty much everything they have said and done has been the opposite.

Apart from that, great statement that has completely filled me with confidence and changed my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016

The way I read it is the are holding their hands up in an admission of both guilt and acceptance to messing things up, today might just be the straw that starts to break the Belgium back.

No chance. They're playing lip service and have said the same crap before.
  • The way I read it is the are holding their hands up in an admission of both guilt and acceptance to messing things up, today might just be the straw that starts to break the Belgium back.

I didn't read it like that at all - it admits nothing, there's not even a 'we're sorry you feel that way' style non-apology, just "we're saddened at the situation". Which is, of course, completely of their own making.
  • Might be that they have been asked for an official comment by one or more media outlet given the coverage today, so have published it as well.

Either way, it might be a bit more meaningful if it was attributed to someone.
  • "Working together with the fans" ? That's why squirrel face was smirking during Operaton Beachball.

We saddened them ? Fucking rich that.
  • nothing more than a negotiating pitch for whoever is gioing to buy the club off them - trust me, they r going to sell as soon as next seasons status is determined