Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC STATEMENT

Comments

• Maybe this is Mel's contribution via her new post in the comms team. I reckon she has been working on that for 3 weeks.
  • FUCK OFF YOU BELGIAN CUNTS

scuse your flemish
  • Another token gesture comment from the regime.
  • Thought it was the club saying they now know who filled out the form that was sent to Companies House.
  • yawn! PR bollox. Just go
  • Sponsored links:

• C_A_F_C said:

It's a statement for the sake of making a statement because the protests have been all over national tv, we won't hear anymore.

Exactly this, it's been done for the media ...the protests continue ...we will win
  • So now the Trust should issue a public statement asking to meet with Roland again. See what happens this time. And then publicise what happens.

Definitely
  • Rob62 said:

Strange. Perhaps it's beginning to sink in ? That statement could only have come from Katrein or RD himself. Trouble is it's too little too late.

No way that has come from Roland, and very much doubt it's from Katrien. I would bet good money on this being an initiative from the new comms lead.
    That's is exactly what I thought.

I think she trying to end the "pretend there isn't a problem" culture.

Not sure it will work but at least Mel appears to be trying.
    Fine, but it still doesn't say anything of substance.
  • RedChaser said:

Don't be fooled, it's just another plug for target 20k :open_mouth:

It'll be target 2,000 at this rate.
  • I think we should view it as a success that the club has issued a statement such as that. Of course the solution is for them to accept they have cocked it all up and sell to the people who have indicted they want to buy the club. I don't see any other way to fix this. Maybe sacking Miere a couple of months back, but it is too late now unfortunately.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry, but that image of a smug grinning KM doesn't show how saddened they are
  • jamescafc said:

stonemuse said:

So now the Trust should issue a public statement asking to meet with Roland again. See what happens this time. And then publicise what happens.

Definitely
    No, the trust should publicly disclose the number of times they have already offered to sit down with the club, all of which, to the best of my knowledge, have either been declined or not taken seriously.

I'd like to see them then publicly state the time has passed, bridges have been well and truly burnt and that they wish for Roland to sell up to someone who cares...!!
    !
    This - although I assume that's part of Mel's strategy here. If the Trust or CARD do say that then they can shrug their shoulders and say "look, we've tried to talk to them now, and they won't". I don't think the press would fall for it, the fans wouldn't (apart from the usual suspects) but maybe Roland would and if that keeps Pinocchio employed then I think that would be the main objective of the exercise met.
  • We would have got Away with it, if it wasn't for you pesky university of Greenwich students.
  • For what little I expect from them....that's actually a good effort.
  • aliwibble said:

Every supporter has the right to voice their opinion and we are determined to do everything we can to work together with supporters to build our relationship with them and make sure they remain at the heart of this club.Every supporter has the right to voice their opinion and we are determined to do everything we can to work together with supporters to build our relationship with them and make sure they remain at the heart of this club.
    EVERYTHING? So Katrien Meire is willing to have substantive discussions with the Supporters Trust regarding the strategy for the club, without using Johnnie Jackson as a human shield or diluting the discussion with day to day operational trivia? Roland is willing to employ a manager and other backroom staff with appropriate experience of the Championship / League One, and build a squad of players with sufficient experience of the English Leagues to allow our young players to develop appropriately rather than being thrown into a cobbled together group of misfits and no-hopers not suited for the rigours of the season ? Will they both accept that the prime factor in fans having a good matchday experience is success on the pitch? That we're supporters, not customers, and we want to support a football club, not a player farm?

Yeah, right.

And I'm a highly paid supermodel.

Don't forget to pout for the camera....
  • edited March 2016
    Davo55 said:

MrLargo said:

From what I've read elsewhere on here, she didn't look that saddened when the cameras were pointing at her this afternoon. Pretty sure the word "smiling" was used.

That grin was sheer rictus. She was and is terrified. Out of her depth. Being out-thought and outmanoeuvred continuously.
    My thoughts too ...and now she has to explain it all to Roland :smiley: