Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC STATEMENT

Comments

• edited March 2016
    rikofold said:

CASTrust has been extraordinarily patient in trying to encourage the club to talk to us and other fans constructively, since long before last year's public meeting. We have warned the club that they should not underestimate Charlton fans if they don't take it seriously, and we've since had SIO and now CARD showing them exactly what we meant.

If this is a genuine olive branch then it would be churlish not to accept it, but I have to say that it's bloody difficult to believe when the most recent communications from the CEO have hardly been constructive.

It's as if the club has suddenly noticed things aren't right. Well, my gut feel is too little too late, and it lacks those important qualities of sincerity and credibility.

I think everyone including the Belgians would probably be better off if RD sold up and we could all move on.

True and if the club are genuinely concerned then I guess a call will be made to CAST tomorrow morning. Let's see what happens
  • FUCK OFF YOU BELGIAN CUNTS

Nail. Head.
  • "we are determined to do everything we can to work together with supporters to build our relationship with them and make sure they remain at the heart of this club"

Yeh, as Murray and Meire have said repeatedly. And every time words have been followed by sweet FA

Exactly this - another porky.
  • It is exactly what you can expect from this club. They have been embarrassed into it by the television cameras being there. In case they get asked by outside parties they've preempted which is why it is vague and sly once again.
  • rikofold said:

CASTrust has been extraordinarily patient in trying to encourage the club to talk to us and other fans constructively, since long before last year's public meeting. We have warned the club that they should not underestimate Charlton fans if they don't take it seriously, and we've since had SIO and now CARD showing them exactly what we meant.

If this is a genuine olive branch then it would be churlish not to accept it, but I have to say that it's bloody difficult to believe when the most recent communications from the CEO have hardly been constructive.

It's as if the club has suddenly noticed things aren't right. Well, my gut feel is too little too late, and it lacks those important qualities of sincerity and credibility.

I think everyone including the Belgians would probably be better off if RD sold up and we could all move on.

For what it's worth, I agree with you. If it's genuine then we'd have to except and sit down with the woman. No JJ or the other fella Tony south-stand, don't take it up and we'll get the old "we tried" routine. Like you say, l think it's to late.....
  • T.C.E said:

rikofold said:

For what it's worth, I agree with you. If it's genuine then we'd have to except and sit down with the woman. No JJ or the other fella Tony south-stand, don't take it up and we'll get the old "we tried" routine. Like you say, l think it's to late.....
    I would seriously struggle to trust anything that comes out of KM and/or RD's mouth after everything that's gone on in the last 12 months. Although I'd be interested to hear what they may have to say, I wouldn't believe a word of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
    KM has to go for starters - Every day she remains is treating the fans with contempt. WHen that happens, the fans should talk, with absolutely no promises, but she has to go. Dindn't see Murray on tv coverage btw, was he watching the game?
  • rikofold said:

So tomorrow morning, the Trust can get on the blower and see what Kat wants to do about it all...
  • rikofold said:

So tomorrow morning, the Trust can get on the blower and see what Kat wants to do about it all...
    No, If the club mean what they say (we know it's total bollocks) then they will be ringing the Trust at 9.01am. The club should be making the first move.
  • rikofold said:

Yes, maybe that would be a good idea. Call their bluff and try to arrange a meeting with Pinocchio. Maybe invite Varney along!!!!
  • jamescafc said:

T.C.E said:

rikofold said:

I would seriously struggle to trust anything that comes out of KM and/or RD's mouth after everything that's gone on in the last 12 months. Although I'd be interested to hear what they may have to say, I wouldn't believe a word of it.
    Can't disagree with that, just thinking how she may think. ;)
  • edited March 2016
    seth plum said:

The moment we have to try to sell season tickets, and today after an accidental win, before the post shower talcum powder has even dried on Rod Fanni's pubes, we get this statement.

Funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has this been said yet about them being "saddened" by the protests? We all know who is the face of this regime and unless I was watching a different game on Sky today it would have taken a lot of Andrex to wipe the shit-eating grin off that face judging by how much grinning they were doing. If you're going to claim to be saddened at least sodding pretend to not be laughing!!
  • In that statement they mentioned "Supporters" four times, perhaps she has understood the faux-pais made in Dublin.
  • So what they need to do is speak to CARD and the Trust. If they are serious about building bridges with the fans.

As I keep saying

Amazing how they CAN comumicate when they want to........
    Season ticket sales springs to mind.
  • edited March 2016
    Reminds me of this & hopefully she goes the same way as Clegg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDjRZ30SNo
  • So out f touch with reality this mob...even reads like it was written by a foreigner who couldnt be arsed.
  • seth plum said:

rikofold said:

My thoughts are about 'genuine'.

We have been protesting since before the last home win on November 7th 2015, in the week following that we had the 'power-point' meeting.
    We are on a new manager, and protests have been happening continually since then, what's that, more or less four months?

The moment we have to try to sell season tickets, and today after an accidental win, before the post shower talcum powder has even dried on Rod Fanni's pubes, we get this statement.

Forgive me my cynicism, but this doesn't smell of 'genuine' to me.

That is what I said next Seth, thanks for editing it out! :smiley:
  • Bet they got that as a template, just change the date and team...

Nah, it mentioned getting 3 points at the bottom. As if we would need a template like that!