Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Views Charlton v Middlesbrough

12346»

Comments

• whilst inputting the players marks it is obvious that many of us think that Pope has improved and I wonder why, could it be that the new goalkeeping coach Lee Turner might be responsible?

yeah he must be doing something right.
    I think also having a centre back pairing with some ability gives pope confidence. it certainly does me. never want to see Johnson back there again!
  • @StigThundercock

Johann got assists for both goals?!

@StigThundercock

Surely Reza should have got the assist for the second goal...?
    Apologies @CAFCNick1992 just seen the second goal again and your right, it is a pass from JBG to get that assist.
    Not sure he'll get an assist for the second goal. The Middlesbrough centre half can claim that.
  • Ben18 said:

@StigThundercock

@StigThundercock

Apologies @CAFCNick1992 just seen the second goal again and your right, it is a pass from JBG to get that assist.
    Not sure he'll get an assist for the second goal. The Middlesbrough centre half can claim that.
    From the stat I posted on the JBG Goon thread he hasnt been awarded it.

Prior to yesterday he was on nine assists for the season... Now he's only gone up to ten
  • Ben18 said:

@StigThundercock

@StigThundercock

Prior to yesterday he was on nine assists for the season... Now he's only gone up to ten
    As a soul less statistic, technically you may be correct.

But in essence, it was JBG's run to the line and decisive cut back into Harriot's path for the blocked 1st shot which made the goal.

Without that, Harriot wouldn't have been able to fire home the loose ball.

• Oggy Red said:

Ben18 said:

@StigThundercock

@StigThundercock

As a soul less statistic, technically you may be correct.

But in essence, it was JBG's run to the line and decisive cut back into Harriot's path for the blocked 1st shot which made the goal.

Without that, Harriot wouldn't have been able to fire home the loose ball.

Oh god yeah I completely agree... An assist for me is the Charlton player who last touched the ball prior to the scorer, else how did that ball reach the Striker in the first place, even if its a miss kick from the opposition, a Charlton player has to make a pass which forces that player in kicking it badly in the first place.
  • @StigThundercock

@StigThundercock

Tbf you're claim that Reza may have had some impact at Championship level couldn't possibly have been accurate
  • @StigThundercock

@StigThundercock

Tbf you're claim that Reza may have had some impact at Championship level couldn't possibly have been accurate
    Yes Yes I know I messed up with the comparison with Tony Watt a few months ago lol!... Keep poking that stick at me ;)
  • edited March 2016

@StigThundercock

@StigThundercock

Yes Yes I know I messed up with the comparison with Tony Watt a few months ago lol!... Keep poking that stick at me ;)
    On my deathbed i'll remember that comment and have a little last chuckle to myself
  • I'll put it on your tombstone which'll be in a minute if your not careful lol!

• Sponsored links:

• northdevonisred

After reading your comments I wounder have you been in that Westward Ho sun too much mate?
  • Westward Ho Sun sounds like a Thai massage parlour
  • PWR ... Glad I went yesterday. I wonder what Roland made of that watching from his ivory tower. 4 minutes of continuous 'we want Roland out' was definitely my highlight of the day.
  • _MrDick said:

PWR ... Glad I went yesterday. I wonder what Roland made of that watching from his ivory tower. 4 minutes of continuous 'we want Roland out' was definitely my highlight of the day.

The problem was 10 seconds into the match Roland realised he desperately needed a wee yet for obvious reasons couldnt get up and leave his seat to go to the toilet.
  • stevec said:

se9addick said:

waldo said:

I agree with most of the comments on here and enjoyed the coverage of the protests but hope the idiot who went onto the pitch gets 'named and shamed'. Then banned. Harriott was stupid having removed his shirt and should be fined.
    With regard to the protests KM was not bothered at all and seeing her demeanor 'they ain't going no where' soon. Too fun though and an excellent three points.

You want a (admittedly stupid) fellow Addick to be banned and Calum Harriott to be fined for taking off his top during celebrating a rare Charlton goal ?

I don't think we'd see eye to eye on many moral issues.
    Totally agree, good comment
    I wonder how happy and complacent you both will be if Harriott's yellow card/s add up to a red card? Hopefully you both, like me, were not slagging him off earlier the season?
  • _MrDick said:

PWR ... Glad I went yesterday. I wonder what Roland made of that watching from his ivory tower. 4 minutes of continuous 'we want Roland out' was definitely my highlight of the day.

This should be the only chant until they have gone.
    It sent a shiver down my neck.

Katrien should just be by passed now. she's been sussed.
    The Nabby Sarr song is like a 1960's rugby song.
    shame we are in 2016.

Sad so many people have stopped coming. (yes i now the reason)
    I thought their was 4000 spare season tickets going spare ?

borrow one and protest.
  • The 74th minute walkout was pitiful!

Not spectacular perhaps but I would describe the attendance as awful in the first place. Banks of empty seats speaks volumes about how low the club has sunk
    Not necessarily-the attendace was probably affected by various factors like day and time of kick off, being on Sky and of course the boycott.
  • waldo said:

The 74th minute walkout was pitiful!

Not spectacular perhaps but I would describe the attendance as awful in the first place. Banks of empty seats speaks volumes about how low the club has sunk
    Not necessarily-the attendace was probably affected by various factors like day and time of kick off, being on Sky and of course the boycott.
    While yesterday's attendance was clearly very poor, Sky matches always have rubbish crowds, even during the Powell/Jimenez era.

With it being on TV and the crap trains yesterday, even if we had a decent owner and were mid table, the attendance would be down
  • waldo said:

The 74th minute walkout was pitiful!

While yesterday's attendance was clearly very poor, Sky matches always have rubbish crowds, even during the Powell/Jimenez era.

With it being on TV and the crap trains yesterday, even if we had a decent owner and were mid table, the attendance would be down
    Thank you. You made the point much better than me. Must be the Vodka and Cokes I'm drinking!
  • What a day !! And we're STILL watching the match again via Sky Plus and loving every minute. The commentator has just stated that you think you've seen everything in football.....and then you encounter a day like today ! Well said, that man!

Oh what might have been if this was in the first third of the season rather than the final one. And of course, one swallow doesn't make Charlton world beaters....

But I thought the lads were magnificent today...every last one of them.

And for me, it was our Academy boys who stood head & shoulders above the rest. In a season when they might be feeling more concerned about the direction THEIR Club is taking than some of their colleagues, they have soldiered on when called upon & we should be proud of their contributions to today's victory.

But our new Captain Courageous was surely everyone's MOM. If you took your eyes off the pitch for a minute to root in you bag for a lucky humbug, who always seemed to be on the ball when you looked up ? Young Jordan. Only one POTY for Fanny this time round ( BTW Did you know tickets go on sale tomorrow ?) :-)

Today everyone with our Club firmly in their heart got it right from manager, players and especially our brilliant supporters , but also the media ( well done to Sky for their excellent coverage of activities both on & off the pitch ) and the Boro fans for their patience when play was disrupted & their good humour in accepting Roland Out stickers before kick off.

It was a pleasure to be involved off the pitch today , as always thanks to our very special CARD organisers. I don't believe we can begin to imagine how many hours they've invested in today's highly successful attempt to bring our plight to the attention of the masses. OK-one protester's watch was a few minutes fast & invariably led to a very late dinner for him tonight but in such an emotionally charged atmosphere, we can make exceptions and he certainly wasn't following any CARD initiatives for sure. The number of passionate, committed fans involved today was awesome and I believe someone has stated that our protest has been described as the best ever in the UK. Deserved praise indeed.

So, where do we go from here ? I'm confident that the discussions have already begun & no-one will rest comfortably on their laurels and " park the bus". Future cunning plans will be afoot before we can say " Pinocchio " and I look forward to the visit of Birmingham in 3 weeks time when, once again, the faithful will play their part in "persuading" the regime to politely, naff orf.

We could even do the double !

Support the team , NOT the regime !

@Fanny Fanackapan I hope you have a successful PotY evening but I can't in good conscience attend and even if I were minded to, £37 has put it firmly out of my range. Perhaps you could tell the powers-that-be who've come up with the price that it isn't realistic? If they are suffering from the same delusion about value for money next year, what chance would there be of having a ticket for entry without the meal?
    Thanks for the good wishes, AA and I'm certainly not going to try to change your mind .

However, last year's event was a sell out with tickets priced at £36....Of course, the new catering company defined the meal price and forced us to have 2 courses as opposed to the previous years' 3..something which KM complained about ! And we're in exactly the same place this time albeit with a higher price quoted by DNC which means we shall effectively run the event at a loss..

Such are the difficulties of fans doing their best to ensure that a dinner which has been taking place at our Club for many years and is the ONLY event run for fans, by fans, continues regardless of the team's position in the league and the unprecedented situation that exists between Club and its "customers".

I suggest that had Ian & myself made the decision to "pass" this season, some would have cried that this was madness as it would hand the opportunity back to the Club & under this regime, mean that there would be no future fans' led event of this nature. How would you & others react should we find ourselves in a promotion place this time next year with the Club organising the dinner & charging FAR more than £37 for the privilege of attending ? Unlikely scenario perhaps but I trust you understand the point I'm making.

I think this epitomises what's known as being in a no win situation.....

• Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    The first post cracked me up...
    This could be the strategy for the Addicks staying in the Championship. They will intimidate visitors with beach balls, whistles and pitch invasions to unsettle opponents. Yes the Football League should investigate and if it persists they should be made to play behind closed doors. Disgraceful behaviour and conduct. It worked in their favour, so it may catch on with other relegation threatened teams if nothing is done.
    What a helmet.
  • @StigThundercock

@StigThundercock

great dummy by Reza before being fouled though.
  • Dazzler21 said:

@StigThundercock

@StigThundercock

great dummy by Reza before being fouled though.
    Ah but did he mean it? ;)
  • _MrDick said:

Keep replaying the you tube clip of the beach balls and the volume of the We Want Roland Out makes me so proud to be cafc.
  • @StigThundercock

Not only that, he was the only one to confront any of the pitch invaders. I'm surprised he didn't make Team of the Week for that alone.
  • @StigThundercock

@StigThundercock

True, but Reza goes down like he's been shot which must have distracted the guy who gave it back to Harry for the scoring shot.