Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Views Charlton v Middlesbrough

Two goals and a clean sheet - wow!

Comments

• I'm delighted!
  • Good performance, and great protests which will draw even more attention to our noble cause.
  • Great performance epitomised by the endeavours of Cousins and Harriott, the protests were entertaining as well. Hope the players can keep going, I have no doubt CARD will keep it up.
  • You can see how Boro have lost to us, Rotherham and Bristol City in recent weeks, they were awful. Good win but too late. We want Roland out.

Spot on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great 3 points, well done all the protesters.
  • Huge huge result, 7 points from 9 in 8 days is impressive but it is so so so so so so so important they build on this.
    I've remained optimistic we'll beat the drop throughout our bad run and suddenly the point against franchise dons doesn't look too bad and for me, it was way more important not to lose that game.

Cousins was absolutely immense, fox very good, jbg again is trying to get involved but things just arent coming off for him but, at least the corner for our first goal beat the first man...
    Only worries are first half Motta looked poor, Diarra second half was like a cow treading oil and Lookman it appears has been found out so needs to adapt his game, of course there is still time for that.

Pleased for the team, given everything going on around them they kept their focus and produced a performance that frustrated the leagues 2nd placed team.
  • Superb performance which means 7 points out of 10. A late winner against MK Dons would have been very important. Didn't agree with the whistles or pitch invasion and the walkout seemed to go a bit flat. I assume those seen whistling will be banned for life? Lucky bastards.
  • edited March 2016
    Wednesday have only won one of their last home 4 games, if we can avoid defeat, then there is hope
  • Salad said:

Wednesday only won one of their last home 4 games, if we can avoid defeat, then there is hope

love the positivity
  • Bravo one and all. I know it's one result and one day but I am actually proud of charlton again today and it's been a long time since I had that feeling. We want our club back
  • Sponsored links:

• Middlesbrough had TWELVE (12) corners
  • I don't believe in God, divine intervention or that any prayer has been answered but something happened out there on the pitch today that was a sea change for the TEAM. In spite of the regime, and yes in spite of even us the fans the team out there played with a siege mentality which can be personified in Jordan Cousins. Something very good out on the pitch happened and I am so glad that it did. Support the team today and marvel that on paper this was a loss waiting to happen and yet in spite of all expectations they (not we) went out there and performed and my thanks go out to them for doing that and if they can keep that 'sod the lot of ya' mentality then they have a chance of beating the drop. I had written this team off many weeks ago and, in a way, I still have but they certainly have not written themselves off. If they can beat Middlesbrough then they can beat any one. Two seasons ago Riga, a Tuesday night and Bournemouth represented a sea-change in Charlton's fortunes and today IN SPITE OF EVERYTHING perhaps this team can still do it. As importantly they may have found their new leader in Jordan Cousins.
    Congratulations to all those players today.

I think Middlesbrough were just shit
  • I was amazed at how bad Boro were. Still, you can only play whats in front of you and Charlton deserved the win. Jordan Cousins had his best game in ages.

Its a shame we have to rely on Dave Lockwood for the victory tunnel jump though. Its been so long since a win and none of our Carlos Kickaballs have a clue about it now
  • Credit where credit is due, Riga got it right today. Boro were poor but we didn't give them space to play. Is this the start of a remarkable turnaround or were we just fortunate to play boro at a good time? Not long to find out but for tonight I'm going to enjoy the result and the exposure the protests will give our cause.
  • There's plenty of fight left in this side. Did enough to beat a very poor Boro. I thought Fox & Cousins we've superb today. Missed the second goal as I was in the car park & wasn't sure who scored when the roar went up as there was a great turnout of Smoggies.
  • PWR

No big mak meant less aimless hoof ball. Great header from Tex and a decent finish from Harriott when Boro defence must have been staring into the eyes of Medusa. Expect normal service to resume on Saturday but a win helps the medicine go down....
  • We played proper football today, the whole team working as a unit. We didn't create much in the first half but more crucially we nullified them as well.

Second half we came out and started to run at them and make inroads, the Boro back line was shaky and we pressured them. The corner was well worked and Teixeira has looked dangerous from them so far and I was pleased for him as he has come into a team devoid of quality and effort and really taken the challenge in his stride.

The second goal came from our perseverance and graft, and it was fitting that Harriott scored the goal, having been a bit of an enigma in the past couple of months.

One game at a time, too little to late really, but then again stranger things have happened...