Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why

123457»

Comments

• edited March 2016

B

kentred2 said:

All I'll say to those doing it is this...

Be prepared for the consequences, for every action in life there is a reaction

And for doing nothing too. Regime sympathisers will easily be identifiable on Sunday.
    Yawn... Where do I say I'm a sympathiser with the Regime?

Read my post which is the second one at the top of my page.

I agree there should be a pitch invasion, I just think there is a better game to do it
    Hear what you're saying re swarming the pitch. Not often I disagree with you, but Sunday is the perfect game - it's on TV.
    I get why Sunday is the perfect game but I dont think it matters if its on TV or not... Blackpool v Huddersfield wasnt on the TV and got a lot of coverage from the fans invading the pitch that day.

I still think that Burnley would be an excellent game to do it... If that match doesn't finish it could cause havoc with the Football League i.e. without three points at the Valley they could drop to 7th / 3rd which'll mean they miss out on promotion or the play-offs, then what happens if three points for us makes us avoid relegation?

Do the Football League then:
    - Force the match to be quickly played behind closed doors so that us or Burnley can try and get those three points.
    - Give both teams a point as per the Blackpool v Huddersfield debacle (which then could be harsh on Burnley)

Either way if the match isnt quickly replayed then it'll create a dogs dinner of their Play-Off schedule whilst the fact the game is at the end of the season it could also mean that the likes of Gudmundsson will be heading off to an Iceland Training Camp whilst others (Solly / Jackson could be heading off on their holidays)
    Valid points.

I really wouldn't worry to much about 3 points saving us from relegation - we will be well and truly nailed by then mate.

I think most of the players are on holiday already though anyway (:
  • edited March 2016

B

kentred2 said:

And for doing nothing too. Regime sympathisers will easily be identifiable on Sunday.

I agree there should be a pitch invasion, I just think there is a better game to do it
    Hear what you're saying re swarming the pitch. Not often I disagree with you, but Sunday is the perfect game - it's on TV.
    I get why Sunday is the perfect game but I dont think it matters if its on TV or not... Blackpool v Huddersfield wasnt on the TV and got a lot of coverage from the fans invading the pitch that day.

I still think that Burnley would be an excellent game to do it... If that match doesn't finish it could cause havoc with the Football League i.e. without three points at the Valley they could drop to 7th / 3rd which'll mean they miss out on promotion or the play-offs, then what happens if three points for us makes us avoid relegation?

- Force the match to be quickly played behind closed doors so that us or Burnley can try and get those three points.
    - Give both teams a point as per the Blackpool v Huddersfield debacle (which then could be harsh on Burnley)

Either way if the match isnt quickly replayed then it'll create a dogs dinner of their Play-Off schedule whilst the fact the game is at the end of the season it could also mean that the likes of Gudmundsson will be heading off to an Iceland Training Camp whilst others (Solly / Jackson could be heading off on their holidays)
    You've convinced me.... Let's get that match abandoned as well as Sundays!
    To be completely honest I wouldnt join in with either protest (partly because the fiancee will kill me if am arrested for anything lol!)

I know there isnt a hope in hell of stopping the one against Middlesbrough... I just think there is an excellent chance to ruin the Burnley game too.

Middlesbrough could mess up Sky's schedule...
    Burnley could mess up the Football League's schedule...
  • Airman Brown summed it up when he said the whole point of the supporter action is to make the club unmanageable for the regime.

Unfortunately that means doing a few things that are pretty harsh like pitch invasions because thats the only thing we can do (within reason) that could force the regime out. You cant make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

We wouldnt even be contemplating these things if it wasnt for how badly the club has been managed over the last 2 and a bit years.

If the only way you ensure a brighter future for the club you love is to get on the pitch and get the club fined wouldnt you take it?

...and the argument that we could be damaging the club by doing stuff like this, dont you think the regime are doing a pretty good job with that on their own, and will continue to do so if they are unopposed?
  • IAIA
    edited March 2016

Middlesbrough are still going for promotion, the Football League could see it as though they've been treated harshly (You've got to remember they are the innocent party here, not Charlton and not the fans), i.e. the match being called off will be re-arranged later in the season causing Middlesbrough fixture congestion

I still think that Burnley would be an excellent game to do it... If that match doesn't finish it could cause havoc with the Football League i.e. without three points at the Valley they could drop to 7th / 3rd which'll mean they miss out on promotion or the play-offs

So you're against a pitch invasion on Sunday as it will inconvenience Boro, but you think it would be a great idea if we could completely fuck up Burnley's promotion hopes?
  • IA said:

Middlesbrough are still going for promotion, the Football League could see it as though they've been treated harshly (You've got to remember they are the innocent party here, not Charlton and not the fans), i.e. the match being called off will be re-arranged later in the season causing Middlesbrough fixture congestion

I still think that Burnley would be an excellent game to do it... If that match doesn't finish it could cause havoc with the Football League i.e. without three points at the Valley they could drop to 7th / 3rd which'll mean they miss out on promotion or the play-offs

So you're against a pitch invasion on Sunday as it will inconvenience Boro, but you think it would be a great idea if we could completely fuck up Burnley's promotion hopes?
    Sorry you miss-understood...

I didnt think there was any point in invading the pitch against Middlesbrough because the game will simply be re-arranged with ease for a later date... Burnley on the other hand that cant be done
  • IA said:

Sorry you miss-understood...

I didnt think there was any point in invading the pitch against Middlesbrough because the game will simply be re-arranged with ease for a later date... Burnley on the other hand that cant be done
    I understood what you said at the time. That Middlesbrough would be treated harshly and have fixture congestion even though they're the innocent party. But the last match could fuck up Burnley's entire season so that would give the Football League headaches (Burnley must be fair game somehow).

If you want to change your point to what you're saying now, it's a very weak argument against action on Sunday. Paulie's argument is a stronger one.
  • kentred2 said:

Can you be a bit clearer for me / us.

Once you have identified these 'sympathisers' what is your planned course of action ?
  • PL54 said:

kentred2 said:

Can you be a bit clearer for me / us.

Once you have identified these 'sympathisers' what is your planned course of action ?
    they have to move to the NW quad with mr and mrs Paulie
  • B

kentred2 said:

You've convinced me.... Let's get that match abandoned as well as Sundays!
    Actually, if both teams get a point for it being abandoned, we should do it for every game - our points total would increase...

If I was being foolishly optimistic, I might even think we'd stay
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

Does it really take so many people to tell off one user @paulie8290 ?

Ok he used the term "idiots" but I believe it was used loosely and colloquially not maliciously. He is one of the nicest people on here and this mass (5 pages) of people telling him he is stupid and what he can and can't say and should or shouldn't spend his money on is terrible.

For the record I do not agree with the pitch invasion either, I believe the whole thing could have long term implications on the club and could still affect us after RD has gone. The other protest ideas, the mock funeral and 74 minute walkout I think are great, not only would it get us positive media attention and look great on sky but it will pull in more sympathisers from other clubs, more people to unite against this diseases vermin regime! A pitch invasion causing a match abandonment, in front of millions of people (sky) will harm our reputation and lose us sympathy. What happens if the FA decides to deduct points off of next season? Our promotion hopes would be up before they even start. Not to mention it won't look particularly good to potential buyers.

But although I don't agree with it I still wish participants good luck and hope everything everyone has planned (within the law) goes swimmingly. Please don't let the vermin make us turn on each other.

@sadiejane1981 Will I be seeing the same defence of @colin1961 from you next time he gets grief?
    No. Paulie is a nice guy with morals and principals and never says anything bad about anyone, his idiot comment was out of character, Colin knows he is invoking a reaction and defends the regime every opportunity he gets, however I do think some people take their abuse of Colin too far and if he genuinely believes what he types then that's his choice and good luck to him.
    Exhibit a) all you twats that keep mentioning new partners we have almost been together and year and I have mentioned her loads of times before, but because I say something people don't like, you grab hold of something none football related and don't let go, jesus Christ you are all like a dog with a bone and need to grow up

Exhibit b) fuck you, just because you are probably dating a fucking Jeremy kyle reject

Sounds aggressive to me, at least old Col' is harmless
    You were all tearing into the person he is with, we know he has a short fuse to become defensive. Maybe this and the other thread should get the old Uboat treatment...

You rang?
  • edited March 2016
    MOBY DUCK said:

27 Reasons 'Why'

Why are Mitov and Obileye on this list?

They are kids who joined the club prior to Roland coming in
  • edited March 2016
    Guessing he meant Dmitrovic and Obileye may mean Onyewu?

They're both there?
  • MOBY DUCK said:

27 Reasons 'Why'

Why are Mitov and Obileye on this list?

They are kids who joined the club prior to Roland coming in

Oops. Thought Peeters signed em. Fixed it for ya. Just the 25 Reasons now.

• se9addick said:

Paulie - is your new partner called Colin ?

No, reckons it's Katrien meself
  • "If you Fight,you won't always win.

If you don't Fight, you will definitely lose"

Or, how I like to look at the struggles of life....

"If you Fart, you won't always follow through.

If you don't Fart, you will definitely shit yourself"
  • Ha, just discovered this thread. Very entertaining.

Just confirms my initial opinion: Pauline, you're even dummerer than you look..........