Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why

Comments

• He probably hasn't even paid £45.

He's just loaned it at 3% interest

• me and my partner will be there after spending £45, we want to go to watch a game off football not have it abandoned because some idiots think it is at all going to bother the owner if one game gets abandoned

This is a short-term, and very naive approach to supporting Charlton.

Good luck trying to do this in a couple of years' time.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

me and my partner will be there after spending £45, we want to go to watch a game off football not have it abandoned because some idiots think it is at all going to bother the owner if one game gets abandoned

This is a short-term, and very naive approach to supporting Charlton.

Good luck trying to do this in a couple of years' time.
    He'll need a very tolerant partner
  • Save yourself £45 which sounds moronically exceptionally steep for the occasion.... and watch it on TV. My personal advice to you mate.

How did it help Blackpool? Your question.....

The fans wanted to show how pissed off they were and fully express themselves.

Oysten is perhaps a sort of similar more honest version of RD but they are still entirely different people. We are also different clubs in a lot of ways and should not bother looking at examples. I can't say I really give a F*ck about Blackpool but wouldn't particularly wish them any harm either.

Think your on your own on this one mate.

• Please tell me what disrupting the game on Sunday will do

Just remember Blackpool did it against Huddersfield and what happened, the blackpool fans got heavily criticized for it and everyone felt sorry for the Huddersfield fans.

did it change anything at Blackpool-no, did the owner leave afterwards-no.

so honestly what is it going to achieve, probably going to get loads of abuse for this but I honestly don't understand it.

me and my partner will be there after spending £45, we want to go to watch a game off football not have it abandoned because some idiots think it is at all going to bother the owner if one game gets abandoned

Apologist.
  • How can they dock points? Did they dock blackpool points? That's the precedent surely?

Also, millions of viewers? More like a few hundred thousand.
  • How can they dock points? Did they dock blackpool points? That's the precedent surely?

Sky sports would like to think differently. Also Blackpool and us are 2 different teams, 2 different circumstance and 2 different cases and would therefore but assessed differently. The fact that Blackpool got away lightly so another club followed suit would probably lead to an example being made of us so no one else does it.

As I said I don't agree that it's the best course of action but I wish those partipating luck, we all have the same common enemy and we all are getting through this in our own ways, people have the right to protest and others have the right not to, those that protest (which I am IN favour of and hope more take part) protest in their own way too. I can't stand it that people are calling longstanding fans sympathisers just because they don't want to protest. It's their right. Just as in the selhurst days some chose to boycott all games but some went to them all, different strokes for different folks, some of you can be so intolerant at times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sky won't think differently at all, the viewing figures don't lie. There will not be millions tuning into the game.

That's also not really how precedent works, we won't be docked points.
  • Sky sports very secretive about the viewing figures. But I remember getting some information when we are in the prem, and I believe we had around 1.4 million for the Blackburn Monday night football game. I think we could reasonably expect between 400,000 and 600,000.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Sky sports very secretive about the viewing figures. But I remember getting some information when we are in the prem, and I believe we had around 1.4 million for the Blackburn Monday night football game. I think we could reasonably expect between 400,000 and 600,000.

Ok, but to be honest an exaggeration of viewing numbers is neither here nor there.
  • Helps to make the club unmanagable.

If othing is done, there won't be a CAFC for you and the new piece to watch.

You've got to think longterm.

again did it help blackpool, look where they are now
    http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/pool-latest/league-and-fa-agree-to-blackpool-talks-1-7784054

So yes, it did help at Blackpool.
    So the Oystons are still in charge and might turn up to a meeting...and

Sky sports would like to think differently. Also Blackpool and us are 2 different teams, 2 different circumstance and 2 different cases and would therefore but assessed differently. The fact that Blackpool got away lightly so another club followed suit would probably lead to an example being made of us so no one else does it.

As I said I don't agree that it's the best course of action but I wish those partipating luck, we all have the same common enemy and we all are getting through this in our own ways, people have the right to protest and others have the right not to, those that protest (which I am IN favour of and hope more take part) protest in their own way too. I can't stand it that people are calling longstanding fans sympathisers just because they don't want to protest. It's their right. Just as in the selhurst days some chose to boycott all games but some went to them all, different strokes for different folks, some of you can be so intolerant at times.
    I'm sorry Sadie, but this is nonsense. Paulie has been on this board for a long time and he knows how it works. This is an extremely unpleasant time to be a Charlton fan. Things are extremely strained, especially after the MK debacle, and he's started a whole new thread just to tell everyone on Charlton Life that he thinks they're idiots if they ruin his afternoon and to belittle people's protest plans. Frankly I'm amazed people have been as restrained as they have. If Paulie doesn't want to protest then he doesn't have to, but if you go onto a message board full of passionate protesters and call them idiots then you lose the 'different strokes' standpoint I'm afraid.

Blackpool did it when they were already relegated and on the final day of the season when there was nothing play for, either for Blackpool or their opponents that day Huddersfield who were comfortable in mid-table... Plus being the end of the season there was no where for the match to be re-arranged as the latter were going on their holidays the next day

Middlesbrough are still going for promotion, the Football League could see it as though they've been treated harshly (You've got to remember they are the innocent party here, not Charlton and not the fans), i.e. the match being called off will be re-arranged later in the season causing Middlesbrough fixture congestion
  • Sponsored links:

Blackpool did it when they were already relegated and on the final day of the season when there was nothing play for, either for Blackpool or their opponents that day Huddersfield who were comfortable in mid-table... Plus being the end of the season there was no where for the match to be re-arranged as the latter were going on their holidays the next day

Middlesbrough are still going for promotion, the Football League could see it as though they've been treated harshly (You've got to remember they are the innocent party here, not Charlton and not the fans), i.e. the match being called off will be re-arranged later in the season causing Middlesbrough fixture congestion
    Precisely, the FA will take a much stricter stance on us. We hope that it's just a very hefty fine but could be worse.

Also has anyone considered that sky may be reluctant to put us on again for while, even if/when the Belgians leave.
  • Hate to say but if we go down to League One, Sky will barely show any matches anyway (which is good because we always lose)... Should we stay up then Sky would surely need to renegotiate the terms with all clubs as they're contracted to show a home game for each team once per season.

On the other front, the cold hard fact is that we are still NOT relegated... Contrary to what many fans say that we're down (How many times have the fans got it right), we can still mathematically survive!!

Precisely, the FA will take a much stricter stance on us. We hope that it's just a very hefty fine but could be worse.

Also has anyone considered that sky may be reluctant to put us on again for while, even if/when the Belgians leave.
    That can only be a good thing with our record on Sky.
  • edited March 2016
    All I'll say to those doing it is this...

Be prepared for the consequences, for every action in life there is a reaction

They're hardly falling over themselves to put us on now.

They show even less League One games

If sky never show us again that's great!! Have you seen us when sky have shown us?!
  • The FA will hit us with a massive fine of something silly like £75,000
  • Hate to say but if we go down to League One, Sky will barely show any matches anyway (which is good because we always lose)... Should we stay up then Sky would surely need to renegotiate the terms with all clubs as they're contracted to show a home game for each team once per season.

On the other front, the cold hard fact is that we are still NOT relegated... Contrary to what many fans say that we're down (How many times have the fans got it right), we can still mathematically survive!!

Not with a 6 point penalty we won't though.

Good point about sky, forget I said anything our curse of sky isn't much to lose.