Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Riga

Comments

• Options
    Yes, but it isn't though any of our relegation rivals have appointed an experienced British manager and are romping to safety.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Even if we get rid of him AGAIN we would only appoint another set of clueless mugs, and end up with Riga AGAIN anyway. Let's keep him and be consistently shit under him for a sustained period, rather than being consistently shit under a number of different puppets.

I noticed that Fraeye replaced Bart De Roever at Lommel United - De Roever of course being Riga's assistant at Blackpool - how long before Bart shows up at The Valley I wonder.
    Jeez, he must be bad if they think Fraeye would be a step up. I hope he gets nowhere near Charlton.
  • Options
    We need Riga to outsmart the opposition every time. No manager can do that. He did it against Boro and Brentford but not against ME and Sheffield Wed...that's normal.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

We need Riga to outsmart the opposition every time. No manager can do that. He did it against Boro and Brentford but not against ME and Sheffield Wed...that's normal.

MK not ME!
  • Options
    Clear to me Riga is doing what Duchatelet tells him. Academy sales strategy before survival.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Oakster said:

Even if we get rid of him AGAIN we would only appoint another set of clueless mugs, and end up with Riga AGAIN anyway. Let's keep him and be consistently shit under him for a sustained period, rather than being consistently shit under a number of different puppets.

I noticed that Fraeye replaced Bart De Roever at Lommel United - De Roever of course being Riga's assistant at Blackpool - how long before Bart shows up at The Valley I wonder.
    Bart Simpson might be more apt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Oakster said:

I'd love to have him.

Change some word in the Pogues song from "Irish Rover to "Bart De Roever"
  • Options

Oakster said:

I'd love to have him.

Change some word in the Pogues song from "Irish Rover to "Bart De Roever"
    Me too.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

Using that logic, Fraeye did it against Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham ... and Riga's record so far only marginally better than the interims. Certainly not good enough to keep us up.
  • Options
    Listened to 1 minute of his post match interview turned it off bored me to tears
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Godstone said:

He can't even get us to defend a corner - Don't ask him to outsmart opposition. The blokes out of his depth. Just like Fraeye, Luzon and Peters were.

However that said, we have an owner who doesn't know the first thing about running a football club picking our managers. What else can we expect?

Not being funny, but put he picked that well known goal threat that scares defenders witless today -Aka Reza..... Riga is fucking clueless. I wouldn't trust him to run a bath let alone our first team.

And to think I actually wanted him when Carol left.
  • Options

Godstone said:

He can't even get us to defend a corner - Don't ask him to outsmart opposition. The blokes out of his depth. Just like the rest Fraeye, Luzon and Peters were.

However that said, we have an owner who doesn't know the first thing about running a football club picking our managers. What else can we expect.

Not being funny, but put he picked that well known goal threat that scares defenders witless today -Aka Reza..... Riga is fucking clueless. I wouldn't trust him to run a bath let alone out first team.
    Runaround Reza I call him
  • Options
    It's never the same when players or managers return. Riga was never the answer as goes poyet, Johnson etc!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Beckboy said:

Godstone said:

He can't even get us to defend a corner - Don't ask him to outsmart opposition. The blokes out of his depth. Just like the rest Fraeye, Luzon and Peters were.

However that said, we have an owner who doesn't know the first thing about running a football club picking our managers. What else can we expect.

Not being funny, but put he picked that well known goal threat that scares defenders witless today -Aka Reza..... Riga is fucking clueless. I wouldn't trust him to run a bath let alone out first team.
    Runaround Reza I call him
    Woeful player. I'd rather have Phil Chapple up front.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Not sure why we expected more. He's had a decent - stress decent - five or so months in his entire managerial career. The rest has been piss poor. Before than he was in IT for 20 years. He managed some clever PR on his return that had some thinking he was on our side. He's not. He's nigh on unemployable in good-standard football so will do whatever Roland tells him.

He was probably Roland's spreadsheet man before becoming a "coach"
  • Options

It's never the same when players or managers return. Riga was never the answer as goes poyet, Johnson etc!

You wait until we've got Llera and Doherty at centre back next season...improvement on Sarr though it has to be said. (:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Riga will be kept on next season because he is cheap.

And because he is another network yes man that will not openly criticise the utter clusterfuck that is our regime, recruitment policy, scouting system and basically everything they have got themselves involved with.

He'll scuttle off with his tail between his legs after doffing his cap to his master and eventually roll up for a third or fourth stint at one of the other basket cases in the network when he'll spin some good PR and being a genuinely very nice and likeable bloke will be given a chance to oversee the prolonged agony of a club's demise before moving on again.
    Sums Riga up to a tee.
  • Options
    Just another puppet. A "weird" appointment (and by that I mean "terrible").
  • Options
    RD just called Riga, asked him to send over the report as he was too busy to watch his private stream - out shopping for duct tape that matches his clogs apparently...

Riga duly obliged it seems

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2609598/Sheff-Wed-2-3-Charlton-match-report-Addicks-leap-bottom-three-stunning-Sordell-hat-trick.html

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Oakster said:

RD just called Riga, asked him to send over the report as he was too busy to watch his private stream - out shopping for duct tape that matches his clogs apparently...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2609598/Sheff-Wed-2-3-Charlton-match-report-Addicks-leap-bottom-three-stunning-Sordell-hat-trick.html

He'll be fuming to see that Riga left Thuram on the bench, particularly as he put Obika on ahead of him.
  • Options

Oakster said:

He'll be fuming to see that Riga left Thuram on the bench, particularly as he put Obika on ahead of him.
    I heard when Riga told Douchebag that we're playing Sheffield Wednesday, Roland told him to have the weekend off & was also pleased as the hotel rates in Sheffield are probably cheaper midweek...
  • Options
    Just another Belgian puppet totally out of his depth.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

. Proves that staying up in 14/15 was nothing to do with Riga.

Well of course it wasn't, it was masterminded by Fraeye. Oh wait..
  • Options

bit of luck Kermorgant never came back then.

and Johnson was crap the first time he was here.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

Godstone said:

MK not ME!
    So, he outsmarted you then....

I'd keep that quiet if I were you.